princesspatches
True Blue Farmgirl

431 Posts

arttie
iron mountain michigan
USA
431 Posts

Posted - Nov 27 2012 :  11:43:55 AM  Show Profile
How many of you do a monthly meal plan? I have always done a weekly meal plan. But recently started doing monthly. And I love it! I sit and map out our meals around holidays and kids sports and work. It works out perfect.

Every Sunday I run to the store, take food from the freezer and make a batch of soup. I am then fully prepared for the week.

I do feel like I am doing the smae meals over and over. So please tell me ......what are some of your favorite meals on your menu?

I have been doing a different soup each week, typical sherherd's pie, mexican night, spaghetti etc. I would love some new ideas.

Thanks
Arttie

FebruaryViolet
True Blue Farmgirl

4810 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4810 Posts

Posted - Nov 27 2012 :  12:16:57 PM  Show Profile
I don't--I've tried both monthly and weekly planning and the problem with us is....when the time comes round to make one (or several of the meals) on our schedule, it simply doesn't sound good, or I'm too pooped from not sleeping because of the wee sick girl the night before or...just whatever.

When I did do this, soup gets old right quick--and I'm a soup lover. Enchiladas are a great casserole type thing that can even be made ahead. Any type of lasagna/pasta/bake thingee is a good thing, especially during the week. Meatloaf--turkey or beef are great ways to introduce veggies and new flavors, too--cajun meatloaf is my husband's new favorite.

Homemade pizza nights are fun and you can't ever make the same one, ya know? Also,

"Hey, I've got nothing to do today but smile..."
The Only Living Boy in New York, Paul Simon
Go to Top of Page

Catherine L
True Blue Farmgirl

408 Posts

Cathy
Newton Texas
USA
408 Posts

Posted - Nov 28 2012 :  06:37:24 AM  Show Profile
I just got a new recipe from my daughter. She sautes onions and garlic, then tosses in sliced sausage and raw spinach. She cooks it until all is done and adds cooked pasta. You can also add tomatoes and cheese if you like. It is not a soupy sauce. I have made it several times; it is quick and tasty.

~Cathy~
Farmgirl 2428 http://www.my-fairhaven.blogspot.com/
http://adaywithnonnaandboompa.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page
  Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic Monthly Meal planning Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page