Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Barnyard Buddies
 *Warning;Snake* I just lost my dear pet
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Barnyard Buddies: Previous Topic *Warning;Snake* I just lost my dear pet Next Topic  

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Nov 20 2012 :  11:46:59 AM  Show Profile
I just lost my sweet natured and lovely python "Riverstone". He caught a respiratory infection and I didn't get enough heat to him in time and he died in my arms. I know that many detest or are afraid of snakes, but he was very dear to me.I'm not good at losing friends and pets and I'm very sad right now.

Annika
Farmgirl & sister #13
http://thegimpyfarmgirl.blogspot.com/
http://pinterest.com/annikaloveshats/

Mountain Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

806 Posts

JoAnn
Colville Washington
USA
806 Posts

Posted - Nov 20 2012 :  11:59:41 AM  Show Profile
Sorry to hear about your loss. We were caretakers for a 90 lb. python for the zoo where we last lived. I know that they do have personalities and can be quite affectionate -- in a snake sort of way: )
Go to Top of Page

FebruaryViolet
True Blue Farmgirl

4810 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4810 Posts

Posted - Nov 20 2012 :  12:24:50 PM  Show Profile
Oh, Annika, I'm so sorry--that must have been just terrible for you to feel so helpless. I know that you did all you could for him and I'm sure he was beautiful. Their systems are so sensitive.

I am thinking of you--what a terrible time for this to happen with the holiday coming. Sending good thoughts.

"Hey, I've got nothing to do today but smile..."
The Only Living Boy in New York, Paul Simon
Go to Top of Page

Emily Anna
True Blue Farmgirl

863 Posts

Emily
Fort Atkinson WI
USA
863 Posts

Posted - Nov 20 2012 :  2:54:15 PM  Show Profile
Annika, I am so sorry for the loss of your beloved pet Riverstone. I think snakes are amazing creatures....so smooth and their bodies are so strong. It doesn't have to have fur to make it a special pet and member of the family. Keeping you in my thoughts.

Emily
Go to Top of Page

YakLady
True Blue Farmgirl

652 Posts

Natalie
Montana
USA
652 Posts

Posted - Nov 20 2012 :  11:51:56 PM  Show Profile
Oh no :( I'm so sorry for your loss Annika. I got a Ball Python for getting straight A's in second grade. He was a fun pet, and I miss him now. I hope you feel better soon, and maybe you'll welcome one of Riverstone's distant relatives into your heart someday soon. *hugs*

~Hen 4316~ Just a farmgirl in Western Montana.
Starting a family and raising up a small ranch using natural resources.
www.mydoterra.com/thurman
Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Nov 21 2012 :  07:20:22 AM  Show Profile
Thank all of you for your kind words. I'm just trying to take a deep breath and get into house work and Thanksgiving preparations today.

Annika
Farmgirl & sister #13

Go to Top of Page

ClaireSky
True Blue Farmgirl

1792 Posts

Julie
Arcadia WI
USA
1792 Posts

Posted - Nov 21 2012 :  08:04:25 AM  Show Profile  Send ClaireSky an AOL message  Send ClaireSky a Yahoo! Message
I am so sorry to hear about Dear Riverstone. I am sending a Big Farmgirl {HUG} to and your family.

Julie
Farmgirl #399

Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. If you love what you are doing, you will be successful.
Go to Top of Page

texdane
Farmgirl Legend Chapter Leader Chapter Guru

4658 Posts

Nicole
Sandy Hook CT
USA
4658 Posts

Posted - Nov 21 2012 :  09:43:31 AM  Show Profile
Oh Annika, I am so sorry to hear about Riverstone. The death of any pet is so sad. At least he died in your arms.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<big hugs for my friend Annika>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Nicole

Farmgirl Sister #1155
KNITTER, JAM-MAKER AND MOM EXTRAORDINAIRE
Chapter Leader, Connecticut Simpler Life Sisters

Suburban Farmgirl Blogger
http://sfgblog.maryjanesfarm.org/
Go to Top of Page

crittergranny
True Blue Farmgirl

1096 Posts

Laura
Lindrith NM
USA
1096 Posts

Posted - Nov 21 2012 :  12:02:22 PM  Show Profile
Sorry for your loss Annika, Hugs. Snakes are beautiful and awesome animals.
Laura

Horse poor in the boonies.

www.nmbarrelhorses.com
Go to Top of Page

farmmilkmama
True Blue Farmgirl

2027 Posts

Amy
Central MN
USA
2027 Posts

Posted - Nov 21 2012 :  1:35:19 PM  Show Profile
Oh, Annika! :( Sorry to hear about Riverstone. I think snakes are wonderful and I'm sorry to hear that you've lost your beloved friend. I'm sure you'll agree though there was no better place for him to pass on than in the arms of the friend who loved him! Hugs to you on this tough day...

--* FarmMilkMama *--

Farmgirl Sister #1086

Be yourself.
Everyone else is already taken.
-Oscar Wilde

www.farmfoodmama.blogspot.com

www.thehmmmschoolingmom.blogspot.com

www.amydingmann.com
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Nov 21 2012 :  4:26:00 PM  Show Profile
I'm so sorry for your loss. Hugs.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Nov 21 2012 :  5:10:45 PM  Show Profile
Thank all of you so much, our pets are so dear to us and I truly don't handle loss well. I feel better today after scrubbing and cooking for Thanksgiving. I cleaned all of his snake care stuff and put it away, not walking by and seeing it all of the time helps.

Annika
Farmgirl & sister #13

Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Nov 22 2012 :  06:48:45 AM  Show Profile
I'm so sorry for your loss, Annika. SO sorry. Big hugs - Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

Go to Top of Page

emtfarmer
True Blue Farmgirl

222 Posts

Darlene
North Carolina
USA
222 Posts

Posted - Nov 22 2012 :  1:15:37 PM  Show Profile
Annika, my heart aches for you. You have been there for me this past week and I'm so sorry for your loss. Please know I am sending hugs, hugs, hugs and sweet thoughts your way.

Darlene

"Support your local fire departments and rescue squads...volunteers making a difference"
Go to Top of Page

wooliespinner
True Blue Farmgirl

1311 Posts

Linda
Manchester Ohio
1311 Posts

Posted - Nov 28 2012 :  12:31:48 PM  Show Profile
So sorry about Riverstone........love that name. I have never had a pet snake but have a few big black snakes that live in the barn and seem to be pretty good natured when I have to move them off the hay. I hate that you are so sad. Prayers for you both.Hugs.

Linda

Raspberry Run Farm
Nubian Dairy Goats
Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
The Beautiful Pacific NW Washington State
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Nov 28 2012 :  2:40:44 PM  Show Profile
So sorry to hear of Riverstone's passing. We,too, had a ball python for a family pet. When we moved from CA to NY, we could not find a way to move her. We were devastated. The kids were SO upset. We found a new home for her at a herpetarium. the owner fell in love with her and planned to breed her. Of course, we don't know for sure ...It is so difficult to lose a pet, Annika. I am so sorry for your pain.
Marianne
Go to Top of Page

RedHoopWoman
True Blue Farmgirl

513 Posts

Kathryn
Yoder Colorado
USA
513 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2012 :  9:37:23 PM  Show Profile
Annika I am so sorry to hear of your loss,I love snakes and used to have several large constrictors,mostly Burmese and Blood Pythons and it hurts just as much to lose them as it would a cat,dog or any other beloved pet,I'm real sorry to hear about Riverstone,I bet he was just lovely.
I don't keep snakes anymore but I just lost all four of my cats in our house fire and am just devastated about it,it sure hurts down deep to lose these animals that we love so much,I pray you'll find comfort and healing soon.

"Today's Mighty Oak is just Yesterday's Nut"
Nostalgic Needleworks http://www.etsy.com/shop/NostalgicNeedleworks
Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2012 :  10:17:15 PM  Show Profile
Oh Kathryn, how awful! I'm so so sorry! I hope that you are okay? I am terrible at keeping up with everyone on the boards anymore and hadn't seen if you'd posted about your fire. Our pets really become a part of our lives and a part of our family. It is just terrible to think of you losing your cats like that, I hope that you find peace and comfort as well. Riverstone was a sweet ball python and was just such a calm and companionable snake. He'd ride around on my shoulders while I went about the day and sleep in my lap when I was in front of the laptop. I miss him and am glad that he's not suffering, but I'm not good at keeping warm clime creatures alive here and I'll just be sticking to hardier creatures from now on.

Hugs n' cookies =}

Annika
Farmgirl & sister #13

Go to Top of Page

ClaireSky
True Blue Farmgirl

1792 Posts

Julie
Arcadia WI
USA
1792 Posts

Posted - Dec 05 2012 :  06:29:38 AM  Show Profile  Send ClaireSky an AOL message  Send ClaireSky a Yahoo! Message
Oh no, Kathryn! I am so sorry to hear about losing your 4 cats in a house fire. Here I am feeling sad because I am dealing with my aging dear dog. I am so sorry for both you and Annika for your loses. God Bless!

Julie
Farmgirl #399

Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. If you love what you are doing, you will be successful.
Go to Top of Page
  Barnyard Buddies: Previous Topic *Warning;Snake* I just lost my dear pet Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page