Mountain Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

806 Posts

JoAnn
Colville Washington
USA
806 Posts

Posted - Nov 16 2012 :  4:13:56 PM  Show Profile
We just bought a 1969 Kit Companion trailer--was told everything worked--couldn't test because the tanks were empty. I knew she was fibbing a bit but not this bad? Put a propane tank on and the stove and heater don't seemed to be getting any propane. We smell no gas outside so don't think it's a leak.Anybody have a clue what to look at first?

Edited by - Mountain Girl on Nov 16 2012 4:14:47 PM

edlund33
True Blue Farmgirl

1501 Posts

Marilyn
Renton WA
USA
1501 Posts

Posted - Nov 16 2012 :  5:23:01 PM  Show Profile
Is there a shut-off valve closed somewhere on the main gas line in the trailer or for each appliance? Another idea is maybe the fittings on your propane tank and trailer aren't quite compatible....we had that happen with a barbecue grill and weren't getting gas to the burners even though it seemed like everything was tight. Ended up having to buy a newer propane tank that fit the hose correctly. Good luck!

Cheers! ~ Marilyn

Farm Girl No. 1100

http://blueskyanddaisies.blogspot.com

Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail. - Ralph Waldo Emerson
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Nov 17 2012 :  8:16:53 PM  Show Profile
could there be a 'pinch' in the line somewhere... and yes, check to see if the old fittings need to be changed over.
My DH has changed over the propane & water lines in both of my trailers... better to have peace of mind with new then to get out camping & something not work...
DH ran all new electrical in trailer #3 befor he put in the new wood walls.

Our neighbor, who is an electrician re-did all my wireing for the Scotty.....
Keep in mind your voltage (breaker)... also, will you be putting in a marine battery to run alternate interior lites?
Some gals have inverters put in so they can dry camp.... Maybe someday i will but for now, I use my propane and those 'pop lights' that I buy @ Wally World..... they work great....when dry camping.
have fun and remember, you only have 6 months to get ready to go Glamping! lol!
Hugz

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom and Glamping Diva!

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

Mountain Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

806 Posts

JoAnn
Colville Washington
USA
806 Posts

Posted - Nov 18 2012 :  07:49:56 AM  Show Profile
My friend and her husband stop by on the way to Spokane to see the trailer and he suggested that the previous owners might have had the tanks off the trailer for a bit and maybe bugs crawled in the smaller line that attaches to the tank and by golly he was spot on--there were clogged with bug bodies! Cleaned them out and now everything works even the furnace/heater!!!! Yippee! He tested the interior lights and they all work fine. Now I can clean and figure out how to decorate and maybe name her--have no clue and nothing is coming to me: ) Thanks for the help and information.
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Nov 18 2012 :  6:58:36 PM  Show Profile
Wahooo! so glad to hear it was an easy fix....

as for what to name 'her'... just sit out in her for a bit,,,,and something will come to mind.... you may have to make several 'sits'... :>)

Ok you can think about what makes you happy, and run with that.... or find out what your alter ego is and run with that!
I have a friend who is the furthest thing from being a 'motorcycle mama' and yet her 3rd trailer is called 'Iron Pony'...it has a mural of a cowgirl riding a motorcycle!

Since you are a quilter,,,,, maybe something along that line... "Whack-n-stacking Mama".... lol!
So just have fun! :>)

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom and Glamping Diva!

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

Mountain Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

806 Posts

JoAnn
Colville Washington
USA
806 Posts

Posted - Nov 18 2012 :  7:34:54 PM  Show Profile
There is a groan fest at our house. I suggest a name Jim groans--he suggests a name I groan: ) It's quite comical and as you say we got all winter to sort it out.
Go to Top of Page
  Outpost: Previous Topic HELP with new "vintage " trailer Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page