emtfarmer
True Blue Farmgirl

222 Posts

Darlene
North Carolina
USA
222 Posts

Posted - Nov 13 2012 :  6:11:11 PM  Show Profile
If anyone understands our attachment to animals, it's a farmgirl. My husband and I came home from work today to find one of our cats not acting like herself(seemed fine yesterday). We were able to find a local vet that had evening hours so off we go. Mollie, our tuxedo cat, has acute kidney failure. It may be reversible but it is a wait and see situation. She was given IV fluids and an antibiotic shot.

Please be in prayer. She is very precious to us.

Thank you and hugs to all,
Darlene

"Support your local fire departments and rescue squads...volunteers making a difference"

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Nov 13 2012 :  6:42:40 PM  Show Profile
Poor kitty! I've been in the horrible wait and see position many times Darlene, and it's so scary when one of your beloved fur babes is terribly ill. Hugs to you and to Mollie. Please update when possible *Hugs*

Annika
Farmgirl & sister #13
http://thegimpyfarmgirl.blogspot.com/
http://pinterest.com/annikaloveshats/

Go to Top of Page

momshopsalotta
True Blue Farmgirl

232 Posts

Connie
Hertford NC
USA
232 Posts

Posted - Nov 13 2012 :  6:48:13 PM  Show Profile
Sending prayers from my tuxedo cat to yours.

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Nov 13 2012 :  7:45:54 PM  Show Profile
Darlene: Just yesterday, in this section, I was telling someone about how the farmgirls have helped me when I lost my beloved 22 year old dog, Luck Dog. We are here for you. I can only speak for myself now, but I'm sure other farmgirls would agree, we are hurting with you. I will keep Mollie in my prayers. Please, keep us posted. Hugs to you.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

Rosemary
True Blue Farmgirl

1825 Posts

Virginia
USA
1825 Posts

Posted - Nov 13 2012 :  7:54:11 PM  Show Profile
Sending you and Mollie my heartfelt wishes for her recovery.
Go to Top of Page

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Nov 13 2012 :  8:17:26 PM  Show Profile
Sending prayers for Mollie and her people.
Cindy

"Vast floods can't quench love, no matter what love did/ Rivers can't drown love, no matter where love's hid"--Sinead O'Connor
"In many ways, you don't just live in the country, it lives inside you"--Ellen Eilers

Visit my blog at http://www.farmerinthebelle.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

edlund33
True Blue Farmgirl

1503 Posts

Marilyn
Renton WA
USA
1503 Posts

Posted - Nov 13 2012 :  9:21:21 PM  Show Profile
Hugs and healing thoughts for you and Mollie. Our cat went through this a few years ago so I understand the wait and see game all too well. I hope she responds well to treatment.

Cheers! ~ Marilyn

Farm Girl No. 1100

http://blueskyanddaisies.blogspot.com

Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail. - Ralph Waldo Emerson
Go to Top of Page

ClaireSky
True Blue Farmgirl

1792 Posts

Julie
Arcadia WI
USA
1792 Posts

Posted - Nov 13 2012 :  9:50:35 PM  Show Profile  Send ClaireSky an AOL message  Send ClaireSky a Yahoo! Message
Darlene, I am praying that Molly gets through this. Hugs to you and your family.

Julie
Farmgirl #399

Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. If you love what you are doing, you will be successful.
Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2012 :  04:24:03 AM  Show Profile
Prayers coming your way! Keep us posted when you can.

Farmgirl hugs,
Linda

Country at Heart
Go to Top of Page

AliciaNak
True Blue Farmgirl

405 Posts

Alicia
Elko Nevada
USA
405 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2012 :  08:02:30 AM  Show Profile
Prayers for Molly headed your way.

Alicia
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.~Ralph Waldo Emmerson
www.blondenak.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

FebruaryViolet
True Blue Farmgirl

4810 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4810 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2012 :  08:07:40 AM  Show Profile
Oh, Darlene--I've been there myself. These felines systems are SO sensitive! It can be reversed and I'm hopeful for your tuxeodo cat. Prayers and healing thoughts headed Molly's way!

"Hey, I've got nothing to do today but smile..."
The Only Living Boy in New York, Paul Simon
Go to Top of Page

emtfarmer
True Blue Farmgirl

222 Posts

Darlene
North Carolina
USA
222 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2012 :  08:55:17 AM  Show Profile
Oh my goodness. . .my tears at your responses. I am humbled by your kind words. I was up most of the night with Mollie, I just wanted to keep an eye on her and we also have two more cats that, I guess, could "smell" that she had been to the vet. I wanted to make sure their "hisses" did not turn in to more.

She is still weak and not interested in drinking. I've already called the vet and I'm taking her back this afternoon. She will get more fluids and hopefully that will help. She did use the litter box a couple of times so hopefully her kidneys have not completely shut down.

I know this seems like a lot for what some may call "just a cat" but my husband and I never had children so our cats are our babies. And I know you all understand that, and I love you for it.

Prayer works and I so appreciate yours. Hugs and more hugs to all.

Darlene

"Support your local fire departments and rescue squads...volunteers making a difference"
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2012 :  10:01:49 AM  Show Profile
Darlene, my tears are falling for you and Mollie and your husband. My five cats are my furry children. My heart hurts for all of you. Continue to have hope, we all do. Continued prayers to y'all. Hugs to you and Mollie.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

Katlady93
True Blue Farmgirl

361 Posts

Charlotte
Denmark SC
USA
361 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2012 :  10:53:58 AM  Show Profile  Send Katlady93 a Yahoo! Message
i too have been there, good thoughts and prayers that you and your kitty will get trhough this.

Some dreams are worth the risk it takes to make them real.

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footsteps on the moon.
Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2012 :  12:41:59 PM  Show Profile
Darlene, we never had children either and our 4 footers are our babies as well. I just wanted to send my support and hopes that you are taking care of yourself too. Gently pet Mollie for me. Hugs and healing <3

Annika
Farmgirl & sister #13

Go to Top of Page

YakLady
True Blue Farmgirl

652 Posts

Natalie
Montana
USA
652 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2012 :  3:04:37 PM  Show Profile
Oh no :*( I'll add your kitty to the prayer list for sure. Hope she comes through this okay.

You could as the Vet for a bag and for them to teach you how to give SubQ fluids yourself. It's really not hard, and it could save you some trips.

Praying for you and your family!

~Hen 4316~ Just a farmgirl in Western Montana.
Starting a family and raising up a small ranch using natural resources.
www.mydoterra.com/thurman
Go to Top of Page

texdane
Farmgirl Legend Chapter Leader Chapter Guru

4658 Posts

Nicole
Sandy Hook CT
USA
4658 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2012 :  05:50:40 AM  Show Profile
Darlene,

My heart goes out to you and your little kitty. At my house, our cats and dogs are our fur-babies, and are a part of the family. Please keep us updated. I pray she will pull through. Big hugs to you.

Nicole

Farmgirl Sister #1155
KNITTER, JAM-MAKER AND MOM EXTRAORDINAIRE
Chapter Leader, Connecticut Simpler Life Sisters

Suburban Farmgirl Blogger
http://sfgblog.maryjanesfarm.org/
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2012 :  10:38:33 AM  Show Profile
Still praying for Mollie. Sending hugs to both of you.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

emtfarmer
True Blue Farmgirl

222 Posts

Darlene
North Carolina
USA
222 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2012 :  10:53:16 AM  Show Profile
Thank you all so much for your support. Mollie spent last night at the vet's in order to get IV fluids. I called this morning and she is not any worse but really not any better either. Little to no interest in eating yet. Repeat labwork will be done later in the day.

When (I'm trying to stay positive) she comes home, we will have to administer SQ fluids every day the rest of her life. I've been and EMT and taken care of people for over 20 years. I have no problems with needles and would gladly do what I need for Miss Mollie.

Thank you all again for your concern and prayers. Keep praying!

Darlene

Go to Top of Page

FebruaryViolet
True Blue Farmgirl

4810 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4810 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2012 :  10:57:42 AM  Show Profile
I've done that, too, Darlene. Professor Pumpkin didn't need it daily, but I sure got to recognize the signs and we always had iv fluids handy. After a while, the vet just mailed them to us regularly, along with needles, etc.

I'm glad she's no worse, but, it takes time for them to feel more like themselves again. You're all in our thoughts at my house full of fur babies (though, sadly, all my kittehs are gone now).

"Hey, I've got nothing to do today but smile..."
The Only Living Boy in New York, Paul Simon
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2012 :  11:11:08 AM  Show Profile
I'll rejoice in any good news. Hugs to Miss Mollie. Continued prayers for Mollie.
Hugs.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

emtfarmer
True Blue Farmgirl

222 Posts

Darlene
North Carolina
USA
222 Posts

Posted - Nov 16 2012 :  5:58:45 PM  Show Profile
Thank you all again for your sweet & kind words and support. Unfortunately, our Mollie just couldn't get any better; her kidneys shut down completely and we lost her.

We've cried and cried but I take comfort from God's word "Peace I give unto you. . .let not your heart be troubled, nor let it be afraid.

Again, I appreciate you and may God bless each of you richly.

Hugs,
Darlene

Go to Top of Page

Simple@heart
Farmgirl in Training

44 Posts

Andrea
Florida
USA
44 Posts

Posted - Nov 16 2012 :  6:02:39 PM  Show Profile
Words can't express how it feels to say goodbye to a pet. Sending you a great big ((hug))

~Andrea

Bloom where you are planted
Go to Top of Page

marlee
True Blue Farmgirl

1650 Posts

Marlene
DeRidder Louisiana
1650 Posts

Posted - Nov 16 2012 :  6:20:48 PM  Show Profile
I am so sorry for your loss of Mollie, will keep you and your family in our prayers that you have comfort and peace.

Marlee

God is the painter, he paints the picture. And his son builds it, for he is the Master Carpenter!

Silly Boys Trucks Are For Girls
Go to Top of Page

edlund33
True Blue Farmgirl

1503 Posts

Marilyn
Renton WA
USA
1503 Posts

Posted - Nov 16 2012 :  6:35:03 PM  Show Profile
Sorry to hear about Mollie's passing. Sending you and your family lots of hugs!

Cheers! ~ Marilyn

Farm Girl No. 1100

http://blueskyanddaisies.blogspot.com

Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail. - Ralph Waldo Emerson
Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Nov 16 2012 :  6:38:39 PM  Show Profile
Darlene, I'm so very sorry to hear of Mollie's passing and my heart aches for both of you *hugs*

Annika
Farmgirl & sister #13

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Barnyard Buddies: Previous Topic Please pray for our cat Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page