Printer Friendly
Author Outpost: Previous Topic Experiences and bucket list Next Topic  

Cozynana
True Blue Farmgirl

1123 Posts

Kem

1123 Posts

Posted - Oct 27 2012 :  07:48:31 AM  Show Profile
What activites or experiences have you done or have on your bucket list that are reasonable in cost. Our small town is trying to create an atmosphere for our own citizens, family, friends, and visitors. We need some creative and out of the box ideas. We are located in Ks. Is there anything you would like to experience in Ks?

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Oct 29 2012 :  6:44:17 PM  Show Profile
Hey Kem,,,
how about a "Charm trail"?
The group of ladies I Glamp with,,,we took a trek down to Pendleton, OR... and found out that the town does a Charm Trail...
Participating shops, eateries, etc... are listed on a roster of places to buy chrams,,, you buy the bracelete at the City Hall as well as one of the local Hotels.
Then you take the list, visit the establishment and purchase a charm for $1
charms represent the estbl. ex: car- car dealer, trailer-RV dealer, blanket-Pendleton woolen Mills, etc.

It's kind of fun to watch 2 dozen ladies driving through town in search of particular charms... lol!
There were even a few 'Pubs" on the list... one of which most of us ladies would never set foot in... but we wanted the 'martini glass charm...need I say more! lol!
If I recall, Pendleton has about 40+ establishments that participate in the Charm Trail.
It was fun, and I could see this idea doing well in lot's of areas.

p.s., I use to Live on Base, Ft. Rielly KS....twixt & tween Ogden/Manhatten & Junction City....

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom and Glamping Diva!

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

Cozynana
True Blue Farmgirl

1123 Posts

Kem

1123 Posts

Posted - Nov 05 2012 :  03:29:11 AM  Show Profile
Charmtrail sounds like a great idea! What a great way to get the customers into each store.
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6614 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6614 Posts

Posted - Nov 05 2012 :  06:20:30 AM  Show Profile
I did the Charm Trail In Pendleton OR in 2007 I had so much fun and I love my bracelet. Pendleton was beautiful and the weather was perfect. It was such a great idea and I had never heard of it, a way to get the town and tourists involved.
Hugs,
Debbie

If you are lucky enough to live in the mountains you are lucky enough.
www.etsy.com/shop/CollectThisTreasures
www.etsy.com/shop/MountainWingsAntique
http://debbielynnf.blogspot.com
http://myworld.ebay.com/debbt
Go to Top of Page

edlund33
True Blue Farmgirl

1501 Posts

Marilyn
Renton WA
USA
1501 Posts

Posted - Nov 05 2012 :  06:26:31 AM  Show Profile
What part of KS are you in? The highlights of my trip to central KS were the Smokey Valley Flour Mill in Lindsborg, Mushroom Rocks State Park, any historical viewpoints on the Oregon and Santa Fe trails, The Konza and Tallgrass Prairie Preserves, The historic walk in Council Grove, the Eisenhower Museum and Presidential Library, and a visit to the Allen-Lambe house by Frank Lloyd Wright in Wichita. I visited in the winter so many museums I wanted to visit were closed but it's a beautiful state and the historical interpretation is fabulous!

Oh, and when I visited Paxico the store owners all talked each other up. Each store had something special for customers - free hot cider, biscuits, coupon book, free fibers, etc and the store owners would make sure to let you know. Felt like being part of a small town family which was really fun and refreshing.

Cheers! ~ Marilyn

Farm Girl No. 1100

http://blueskyanddaisies.blogspot.com

Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Edited by - edlund33 on Nov 05 2012 06:32:13 AM
Go to Top of Page

Cozynana
True Blue Farmgirl

1123 Posts

Kem

1123 Posts

Posted - Nov 12 2012 :  7:07:17 PM  Show Profile
I live in NW Ks. There are some very interesting tourist attractions in KS.

One of my most favorite events in Ks I have been to was a Buffalo ranch that opened to the public for an evening of Indian dancing, buffalo in same pasture, and a meal around an authentic pioneer wagon.

Go to Top of Page
  Outpost: Previous Topic Experiences and bucket list Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page