Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up
 A small prayer please-11/19 Update
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic A small prayer please-11/19 Update Next Topic
Page: of 2

laurentany
True Blue Farmgirl

3259 Posts

Laurie
Patchogue NY
USA
3259 Posts

Posted - Oct 23 2012 :  7:38:14 PM  Show Profile
Hi Farmgirl Sisters,

****11/19- Well I am home after the laser eye surgery and wanted to update y'all. It was really no big deal at all- felt like they snapped a rubber band on your eyeball- and then it was over. A little uncomfortable now, but no pain, and all should be fine tomorrow. I go back in 2 weeks for follow up, and then to schedule the other eye. Thank you all so very much for all of your kind thoughts and prayers- I can feel them, and I know that they brought me through this so easily. You are all just the BEST!
Hugs!

UPDATE-
*******I went to see the surgeon yesterday and he advised that I definately NEED to have this done or I risk having a glaucoma attack by 40% within the next 2 years. SO, I am scheduled to have my left eye done first on Monday, November 19th. If you can keep up the prayers I know it will help! Thank you all so very much for your kindness!********

I am asking for your good thoughts and prayers. I have been having issues with my eyes lately, which I mainly attributed to "being over 40 and just getting older". I finally went to the eye doctor tonight and was told that I have "narrow angels" which can lead to angle closure glaucoma. The doctor said that because I am only 46 (I liked the sound of the "only" 46..lol) that this is something that really needs to be addressed, with, more than likely laser surgery. He explained that the risk of having an attack increases by 40% every 2 years, so being that I am so "young" I am at a high risk for an attack.
I have another appointment in 2 weeks to see the surgeon to get his opinion. I am very apprehensive about having any type of surgery to my EYES, so your prayers would be appreciated.
I am definately going to get a second opinion before having anything done.
This is not an uncommon disease- its just that my "young" age puts me at a greater risk, This is more common in "older" (like 70-80) year olds.
Well at least I got a ego booster with the .."you are so young" for this shpeel from the doctor! Ha Ha.
Has anyone else had this, and if so did you go ahead with the laser surgery? DOes anyone have any opinions/thoughts/warnings etc?
Hugs,

~Laurie
"Little Hen House on the Island"
Farmgirl Sister#1403

View my New Blog:
http://simplesuburbanpleasures.blogspot.com

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away..

Edited by - laurentany on Nov 19 2012 3:32:51 PM

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7625 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7625 Posts

Posted - Oct 23 2012 :  8:09:33 PM  Show Profile
I definitely will put you on my prayer list Laurie and enjoy your young 46 years anyway.
You take care and try not to stress.
Blessings
darlene

I have learned that to have a good friend is the purest of all God's gifts, for it is a love that has no exchange of payment.
by Frances Farmer
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Gladstone Mi.
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Oct 23 2012 :  8:27:57 PM  Show Profile
Laurie, sending prayers your way. I have never heard of this, but I do agree with you about getting a second opinion. I am sure everything will work out for you. Please keep us posted.

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

http://hardatworkcrafts.blogspot.com

http://Jan49829.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Emily Anna
True Blue Farmgirl

863 Posts

Emily
Fort Atkinson WI
USA
863 Posts

Posted - Oct 24 2012 :  08:14:35 AM  Show Profile
Laurie,

I don't know anyone who has laser treatment done for this specific purpose. I do know several people who have had it done just so they could correct their vision and they had great success. I'm sorry this has to happen, but on the upside, having it done at such a young age will help you bounce back quicker! I will be praying for you. Let us know what happens!

Emily
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Oct 24 2012 :  08:21:20 AM  Show Profile
Laurie, you'll be in my prayers.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

shanda
True Blue Farmgirl

522 Posts

Shanda
Broken Bow OK
USA
522 Posts

Posted - Oct 24 2012 :  09:52:55 AM  Show Profile
Laurie, Praying for you. I know of a lady at church (much old lady) who had laser surgury done for glaucoma and it went smoothly. She is very scared of doctors and such, but she made it thru fine. 2nd opinions are good! Good Luck!

Shanda

Farmgirl #4233
Go to Top of Page

jenne.f
True Blue Farmgirl

643 Posts

Jenne
Wagontown PA
USA
643 Posts

Posted - Oct 24 2012 :  10:01:14 AM  Show Profile
Laurie,
Lots of prayers and encouragement. Get a
second opinion and put it in God's hands.
~blessings~
Jenne

"Follow your bliss"

Farmgirl sister #4616
Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Oct 24 2012 :  10:18:45 AM  Show Profile
Oh Laurie, anything to do with your eyes is so scary to deal with. Please do get a second and even third opinion. *hugs*

Annika
Farmgirl & sister #13
http://thegimpyfarmgirl.blogspot.com/
http://pinterest.com/annikaloveshats/

Go to Top of Page

crafter
True Blue Farmgirl

2313 Posts

lori
Fort Atkinson Wisconsin
USA
2313 Posts

Posted - Oct 24 2012 :  10:36:26 AM  Show Profile
Sending prayers to you!!

Lori

Gernerosity is giving more than you can, and pride is taking less than you need!
Go to Top of Page

laurentany
True Blue Farmgirl

3259 Posts

Laurie
Patchogue NY
USA
3259 Posts

Posted - Oct 24 2012 :  2:03:21 PM  Show Profile
Thank you everyone. I am the type of person that would NEVER get laser surgery just to correct my vision- persoanlly I would wear glasses if I had to, rather than risk anyone touching my eyes. I will definately be getting other opinions, before I go ahead with anything. My eyesight is not something I want to mess around with. I am sure it would all go smoothly and not be a problem, but the thought of "toying" with or altering my eyes with lasers is just scary to me.
Thank you again for all of your good wishes and prayers- I will keep you updated!
Hugs,

~Laurie
Farmgirl Sister#1403

View my New Blog:

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away..

Edited by - laurentany on Oct 24 2012 2:03:58 PM
Go to Top of Page

ptroupe
True Blue Farmgirl

1752 Posts

Portia
Johnson City NY
USA
1752 Posts

Posted - Oct 26 2012 :  09:22:15 AM  Show Profile
Laurie, you will be fine. I had double cataract surgery last year. One eye one week and the other the next. Then I drove from VA to NY for my move! They can do wonderous things these days. I will keep you in prayer. Please keep me posted.

Hugs,
Portia

P.S. I will be over before you know it!!!

Wishing for the country life!
Go to Top of Page

Kammi
True Blue Farmgirl

105 Posts

Kim
Phoenix Az
USA
105 Posts

Posted - Oct 26 2012 :  09:33:02 AM  Show Profile
OH my, sending prayers your way.

Kammi
Farmgirl 4256

Remember… Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body. Instead, you should slide in sideways, glass of wine in one hand and chocolate in the other, in a body thoroughly used up, worn out and screaming “Woohooo! What a ride!”

Go to Top of Page

sherone_13
True Blue Farmgirl

2460 Posts

Sherone
Evanston WY
USA
2460 Posts

Posted - Oct 29 2012 :  07:12:57 AM  Show Profile
My mom had something similar done and after the surgery, she said she felt like they had performed a miracle. She didn't have to wear her glasses anymore! I am saying little prayers, asking Him to lay His hand upon you and give you comfort.

Sherone

Farmgirl Sister #1682

Thirty-One Independent Consultant

www.mythirtyone.com/233237

My Blog

www.annapearlsattic.blogspot.com

Women are angels. When someone breaks our wings, we just jump on our broomsticks and fly! We are flexible that way!
Go to Top of Page

pennyhenny
True Blue Farmgirl

304 Posts

Missy
Dayton OH
USA
304 Posts

Posted - Oct 29 2012 :  08:23:20 AM  Show Profile
Prayers and hugs for you.

hugs,
-missy-

http://citychickblogging.blogspot.com/

Sisterhood Member#4003

Happiness held is the seed; Happiness shared is the flower.
John Harrigan
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Oct 29 2012 :  08:58:22 AM  Show Profile
Laurie, I just saw this. Wanted to tell you that I will be thinking of you while you wait on that 2nd opinion. And praying you will be at ease with whatever the outcome is.

Hugs, Kris

Happiness is simple.

www.kris-outbackfarm.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

FieldsofThyme
Farmgirl Guide & Schoolmarm / Chapter Leader

4928 Posts

USA
4928 Posts

Posted - Oct 29 2012 :  09:05:30 AM  Show Profile
Laurie,
Keeping you in my prayers.

2011 Farmgirl of the Year
July 2012 Farmgirl of the Month
Farmgirl #800
My Life: http://pioneerwomanatheart.blogspot.com/

Recycle Ideas: http://scrapreusedandrecycledartprojects.blogspot.com/

From my hands: http://roosterscrowfarm.blogspot.com/

From my Camera: http://www.flickr.com/photos/pioneerwomanatheart/
Go to Top of Page

laurentany
True Blue Farmgirl

3259 Posts

Laurie
Patchogue NY
USA
3259 Posts

Posted - Oct 29 2012 :  2:11:52 PM  Show Profile
Thank you all. Next appt is Nov 8th- so I will update when I know more.
Hugs,

~Laurie
Farmgirl Sister#1403

View my New Blog:

Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7625 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7625 Posts

Posted - Oct 29 2012 :  2:38:37 PM  Show Profile
Good Luck on your next appt. Laurie I will keep my prayers up for you and for strength.
love
darlene

I have learned that to have a good friend is the purest of all God's gifts, for it is a love that has no exchange of payment.
by Frances Farmer
Go to Top of Page

LuckyMommyof5
True Blue Farmgirl

500 Posts

Suzanne
OH
USA
500 Posts

Posted - Oct 30 2012 :  05:23:04 AM  Show Profile
I'm praying for you Laurie. Technology in medicine is so advanced these days, I am sure that if you had to have a laser treatment that it would be safe. Although, I totally can understand how scary the prospect would be. Hang in there. We are all thinking of you.

Farmgirl Sister #3243

"The real things haven't changed. It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures; and have courage when things go wrong." - Laura Ingalls Wilder
Go to Top of Page

Joey
True Blue Farmgirl

1868 Posts

Joey
Gulf Coast FL
USA
1868 Posts

Posted - Oct 30 2012 :  07:19:46 AM  Show Profile
Laurie, I am sending prayers and hugs. Eyes are scary, I know, but they can do wonderful things with lasers now. I hope all goes well with you. Keep us posted. Joey

Well behaved women rarely make history.
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7625 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7625 Posts

Posted - Oct 30 2012 :  11:28:16 AM  Show Profile
Laurie
Hope you are doing well and still praying for you.
love
darlene

by Frances Farmer
Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Oct 30 2012 :  11:32:55 AM  Show Profile
Prayers Laurie!
Also , Laurie and Portia!?
Prayers for you both with the storm situation!
Hope you are ok

Farmgirl hugs,
Linda
Go to Top of Page

Diane B Carter
True Blue Farmgirl

1270 Posts

Diane
Blasdell N.Y.
USA
1270 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2012 :  05:12:15 AM  Show Profile
I had laser surgery on both of my eyes do to retina bleeding. It was quick & painless and stopped the bleeding. I will always have clouds in my eyes but I would of been blind if they did not do it. Both eyes took about only 15 minutes. I will keep you in my prayers as I know how scary it is.

Go to Top of Page

ClaireSky
True Blue Farmgirl

1792 Posts

Julie
Arcadia WI
USA
1792 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2012 :  05:41:41 AM  Show Profile  Send ClaireSky an AOL message  Send ClaireSky a Yahoo! Message
Sending hugs and prayers your way! God Bless!

Julie
Farmgirl Sister #399

Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. If you love what you are doing, you will be successful.
Go to Top of Page

laurentany
True Blue Farmgirl

3259 Posts

Laurie
Patchogue NY
USA
3259 Posts

Posted - Nov 02 2012 :  06:44:05 AM  Show Profile
Thank you all for your kind words of encouragement. I will update after the appt. with the surgeon next Thursday.
Hugs to all,

~Laurie
Farmgirl Sister#1403

View my New Blog:

Go to Top of Page

YakLady
True Blue Farmgirl

652 Posts

Natalie
Montana
USA
652 Posts

Posted - Nov 02 2012 :  10:42:37 AM  Show Profile
Prayers coming your way!

~Hen 4316~ Just a farmgirl in Western Montana.
Starting a family and raising up a small ranch using natural resources.
www.mydoterra.com/thurman
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic A small prayer please-11/19 Update Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page