Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Does Anybody Else Henna? Next Topic  

BarefootGoatGirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1495 Posts

Corrine
North Carolina
USA
1495 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2006 :  4:49:38 PM  Show Profile  Send BarefootGoatGirl a Yahoo! Message
My girls and I played beauty parlor this afternoon and I put henna in our hair (for those who don't know henna is a herb that colors and conditions when used in the hair). I always choose a color close to our natural shades and the end results is soft, shiney, natural looking hair that smells great. This was the first time I've done my youngest (she's almost 4) and I was just enjoying the smell of henna and marigold when I kissed the top of her head. Since we all have fine hair, the henna keeps us from getting frequent split ends.

Just wondering.

Trina

'
Be thou diligent to know the state of thy flocks, and look well to thy herds. Proverbs 27:23

GaiasRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2552 Posts

Tasha-Rose
St. Paul Minnesota
2552 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2006 :  5:03:26 PM  Show Profile
I have never done henna in my hair, but I have had henna on my body....

~*~Brightest Blessings~*~
Tasha-Rose
blog: http://gaiarose.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

CountryGirl85
True Blue Farmgirl

225 Posts

Laura
Oswego IL
USA
225 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2006 :  8:29:56 PM  Show Profile  Send CountryGirl85 an AOL message  Send CountryGirl85 a Yahoo! Message
I love using henna in my hair! It's a lot of fun! The first time I did it, I used a mixture of different reds and the result was subtle, but nice. I've also used the dark henna with indigo that turned my hair a blackish-blue. It was neat! The results were much more dramatic than the plain henna. It is slightly drying to the hair, though. One word of advice to future henna-ers: it's a messy process, so be prepared! Lay down newspapers, wear old clothes, go outside! The mixture reminds me of ground up spinach and it can stain! It's amazing that green glop can make your hair shiny with a tint of red! It's not recommended for blonde hair or predominantly gray hair, so use caution! Other that that, it's fun, it's temporary, and it's good for your hair!
May shiny hair be yours,
Laura

"In spite of everything, I still believe that people are really good at heart." Anne Frank
Go to Top of Page

BarefootGoatGirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1495 Posts

Corrine
North Carolina
USA
1495 Posts

Posted - Oct 03 2006 :  08:31:39 AM  Show Profile  Send BarefootGoatGirl a Yahoo! Message

Hubby use to draw all over my pregy belly with henna, but the stuff I buy now isn't strong enough to dye the skin in a satisfactory way. Yes, the mess is aweful, but it's fun.

'
Be thou diligent to know the state of thy flocks, and look well to thy herds. Proverbs 27:23
Go to Top of Page

bramble
True Blue Farmgirl

2044 Posts

2044 Posts

Posted - Oct 11 2006 :  06:05:50 AM  Show Profile
I have red hair but have used the neutral henna without color to give it exta shine. Can't seem to find it anymore (it was a tin with an eygyptian woman's head) but would like to see how it would work on these grey hairs that are creeping in all along my hair line! My husband doesn't care whether I go gracefully gray, his only request is if I get that grey (skunk stripe) like Bonnie Raitt that I do SOMETHING! (And we LOVE Bonnie!)I saw some wild henna colors at the drugstore the other day...Orchid and Fuschia! No, not for me... atleast in this life!

with a happy heart
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Oct 11 2006 :  06:36:02 AM  Show Profile
Lucky you to have red hair..I have always thought it was so pretty. We have redheads here and there in our family..my dad's brother was a redhead. Alot more dark brown like mine though.
Two of my kid's birthmom's were redheads and my second son has an adorable carrot top girlfriend who I have high hopes for being in the family in the near future..so I have high hopes for red headed grandkids some day!!
As for Henna...my mom used to use that very tin with the egyptian lady..I remember it well. She has always kept her hair an auburn color (hers was originally dark brown almost as dark as mine) which looks nice with her green eyes. I am not a brave person and I guess will have to grey gracefully. I totally agree about the skunk stripe though. That is just not attractive. Even on Bonnie R.

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Does Anybody Else Henna? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page