Maggie41
Farmgirl at Heart

4 Posts

Bloomington Indiana
USA
4 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2006 :  4:38:11 PM  Show Profile
Hi,

I'm Margaret, from Indiana. I have been retired for a few years. I found the Mary Jane magazine a couple days ago, and I can truly say this is the first magazine I have read word for word, from cover to cover.

I have lots of interests, probably too many: cooking, sewing, reading, knitting, quilting, playing music, doll making, to name a few.

I have been reading a lot of the messages already and feel right at home here!

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2006 :  4:54:23 PM  Show Profile
Hi Margaret! You are going to fit in great..sounds like you like alot of the same things as alot of us do! .....I don't think you could have TOO many interests by the way....I know you will love it here!! I am glad you found us!!

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

sugarsfarm
True Blue Farmgirl

272 Posts

Leah
Woodward Iowa
USA
272 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2006 :  4:56:16 PM  Show Profile  Send sugarsfarm an AOL message
Hi Maggie!! welcome to the forum!!

You must be the change you want to see in the world.
Mahatma Gandhi
Go to Top of Page

sunshine
True Blue Farmgirl

4877 Posts

Wendy
Utah
USA
4877 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2006 :  5:05:43 PM  Show Profile  Send sunshine a Yahoo! Message
welcome to the group I hope you will have an enjoyable time here.
sunshine

have a lovely day and may God bless you and keep you safe
my web store www.sunshines.etsy.com my other web store http://vintagethreads.etsy.com/
my blog http://sunshinescreations.blogspot.com/ my google page http://sunshine.harbaugh.googlepages.com/home
Go to Top of Page

KarenP
True Blue Farmgirl

666 Posts

Karen
Chippewa Falls Wisconsin
USA
666 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2006 :  7:26:54 PM  Show Profile
Margaret,
Welcome!
Please share your wisdom with all of us!
KarenP

"Purest Spring Water in the World"
Go to Top of Page

Tina Michelle
True Blue Farmgirl

6948 Posts

Tina
sunshine state FL
USA
6948 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2006 :  8:01:50 PM  Show Profile
welcome to the group Maggie!

~Seize the Day! Live, Love, Laugh~
Go to Top of Page

katie-ell
True Blue Farmgirl

1818 Posts

Katie
Illinois
1818 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2006 :  8:23:37 PM  Show Profile
Hi Margaret -- I'm a city/suburban farmgirl not so far away from you (Illinois now, originally Michigan). Welcome in -- looking forward to you sharing your expertise with us. katie
Go to Top of Page

MamaHumbird
True Blue Farmgirl

116 Posts

Holly
Cleveland Missouri
USA
116 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2006 :  8:35:32 PM  Show Profile
Welcome to the group, Margaret! Sounds like you will fit in great. Watch out, MJ's magazines are very addictive to "farmgirls" like us! Just wait until you start ordering back issues and get her book, it gets even better. You could not be in contact with a better group of people than these farmgirls. I am fairly new, but the welcome you will receive will be overwhelming. Please tell us more about your interests in detail.

Holly
Go to Top of Page

Maggie41
Farmgirl at Heart

4 Posts

Bloomington Indiana
USA
4 Posts

Posted - Oct 03 2006 :  07:43:37 AM  Show Profile
Thanks for the nice welcomes from everyone. I'm noticing quite a few of you are from the Midwest. I grew up in Missouri, have lived all over, but now I'm back to the Midwest.

I am already hooked on MJ's magazine, and I'm planning an order for her book today!
Go to Top of Page

Kelly43
True Blue Farmgirl

349 Posts

NJ
USA
349 Posts

Posted - Oct 03 2006 :  4:27:22 PM  Show Profile
Welcome Maggie ( I love that name), MJ's book is the best, you'll love it. Glad to have you here. I grew up in the midwest too but am stuck on the East Coast right now. Have found a little part of it that reminds me of "home" so it's not so bad. Will look forward to getting to know you better.
Kel
Go to Top of Page

Libbie
Farmgirl Connection Cultivator

3579 Posts

Anne E.
Elsinore Utah
USA
3579 Posts

Posted - Oct 03 2006 :  8:46:16 PM  Show Profile
Welcome, Margaret, and a hearty farmgirl Hello! I just know you'll love it here - you've found some kindred spirits, I believe! Glad to have you!

XOXO, Libbie

"Nothing is worth more than this day." - Goethe
Go to Top of Page

Miss Bee Haven
True Blue Farmgirl

4331 Posts

Janice
Louisville/Irvington Kentucky
USA
4331 Posts

Posted - Oct 04 2006 :  09:45:15 AM  Show Profile  Send Miss Bee Haven a Yahoo! Message
Hi, Maggie. Welcome aboard. You sound very talented. Do you play a musical instrument? Sometimes I bang away on my old piano(it's been quite a while now), but it's very relaxing. And if you liked the magazine, you'll LOVE Mary Jane's book.

"If you think you've got it nailed down, then what's all that around it?" - 'Brother Dave' Gardner
Go to Top of Page

Norskema
True Blue Farmgirl

98 Posts

Candace
Central Indiana Area
USA
98 Posts

Posted - Oct 11 2006 :  7:03:44 PM  Show Profile  Send Norskema an AOL message
Hi from Plainfield IN, Maggie! What kind of dolls do you like to make? That is something I have been itching to do again but just can't find the time! I grab bits of time to come here and hear what everyone else is doing and wishing it as me! All of it sounds much better than working downtown Indy everyday! Welcome!

Every way of a man seems right to himself but the Lord is the tester of hearts. Proverbs 21:2
Go to Top of Page

Buttercup
True Blue Farmgirl

1433 Posts

Talitha
Vermont
USA
1433 Posts

Posted - Oct 11 2006 :  9:17:59 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Buttercup's MSN Messenger address
Welcome!! So glad you found us and have joined our wonderful little group!
Hugz,
Talitha

"If we could maintain the wonder of childhood and at the same time grasp the wisdom of age, what wonder,what wisdom,what life would be ours"
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Oct 12 2006 :  05:15:44 AM  Show Profile
hi maggie .. welcome .. oh do tell us about your doll making! there are several dollmakers here in the farmyard! xo

True Friends, Frannie

CABIN CREEK FARM
KENTUCKY

Go to Top of Page
  **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic Intro from Indiana Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page