Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up
 Gossip getting me down
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic Gossip getting me down Next Topic  

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Oct 15 2012 :  7:53:43 PM  Show Profile
There is a situation in my life that has been going on for quite a while--can't go into detail but lots of people in this town are mad at me for something that they know very little about. And I can't tell the true story cause it would create even more problems. People at work and in my social circle have been gossiping and spreading rumors about me. I try not to let it bother me but I've been feeling depressed about it lately. Would appreciate prayers for serenity and peace of mind.
Cindy

"Vast floods can't quench love, no matter what love did/ Rivers can't drown love, no matter where love's hid"--Sinead O'Connor
"In many ways, you don't just live in the country, it lives inside you"--Ellen Eilers

Visit my blog at http://www.farmerinthebelle.blogspot.com/

rphelps4
True Blue Farmgirl

620 Posts

roxanna
westport indiana
USA
620 Posts

Posted - Oct 15 2012 :  8:38:20 PM  Show Profile  Send rphelps4 a Yahoo! Message
Sending prayers and hugs your way.Roxanna
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Oct 15 2012 :  9:00:38 PM  Show Profile
Cindy: If the gossip is not true, hold your head high. Remember, you are the only one who can allow them to bring you down, or get you depressed. I wouldn't want friends like that. I am sorry you are dealing with this. I will pray for you. Keep us posted. Talk to God, He'll help you through anything.
Hugs to you.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2012 :  04:26:12 AM  Show Profile
Cindy, I've been there, so I know how awful you must be feeling. I'm so, so sorry you're going through this. I will be praying for you, for sure. 'Just sent you an email, too. Hugs - Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

Go to Top of Page

kysheeplady
True Blue Farmgirl

1291 Posts

Teri
KY
USA
1291 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2012 :  04:38:10 AM  Show Profile
Cindy,
As a person who has always been the topic of gossip. please don't let small minds with BIG mouths interfere with your mental well being.
I have found in the past that if people don't know anything about you, they will make it up as they go, and as the story goes from person to person it only gets better.
Case in point I was off work for 3 months due to a fracture in my leg. When I came back to work, there were all kinds of stories going round, I was fired, I quit, I had gotton a divorce, surgery ... the list goes on.
My point is simply a verse ...
James 3:2 - If we can control our speech, we can control all areas of our lives.
These sound like people who have no control over anything, and want whatever attention this brings to them.
Pray for them, because it sounds as though they need prayers too.
Sending one up for you now.

Teri

"There are black sheep in every flock"

White Sheep Farm
www.whitesheepfarm.com
Go to Top of Page

Marcy
True Blue Farmgirl

2701 Posts

Marcy
Tiverton Rhode Island
USA
2701 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2012 :  04:57:36 AM  Show Profile
I'm so sorry that you are going through this, I will be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers!!

big hugs
Marcy

Farmgirl #170

Since you get more joy out of giving joy to others, you should put a good deal of thought into the happiness that you are able to give...Eleanor Roosevelt

http://marcysworldofcreativity.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7585 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7585 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2012 :  10:06:28 AM  Show Profile
Cindy
I will put you in my prayers to get peace from all this gossip and will pray for those who gossip so that maybe they will feel ashamed of what they do to hurt you and other people, because they are probably doing this to many other people also.
Blessings
darlene

I have learned that to have a good friend is the purest of all God's gifts, for it is a love that has no exchange of payment.
by Frances Farmer
Go to Top of Page

laurentany
True Blue Farmgirl

3259 Posts

Laurie
Patchogue NY
USA
3259 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2012 :  1:33:04 PM  Show Profile
Cindy,
I agree with what the other gals say- hold your head high and dont let them bring you down! It really doesnt matter what other people think or say about you. You know who you are and the kind of person that you are.
Stay strong!
Hugs,

~Laurie
"Little Hen House on the Island"
Farmgirl Sister#1403

View my New Blog:
http://simplesuburbanpleasures.blogspot.com

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away..
Go to Top of Page

FebruaryViolet
True Blue Farmgirl

4810 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4810 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2012 :  1:43:49 PM  Show Profile
That's terrible...and typical of town life. It's unforgiveable that your boss hasn't put their foot down and said "enough of this catty crap--work is what happens here, and nothing more, nothing less).

I'm so sorry you're experiencing this type of persecution--it can make for some very lonely days and it reminds you of "who" your friends are, and how many of us never do really grow out of high school behaviors.

I'm thinking of ya and wishing you some peace of mind. Or I'd give those folks a PIECE of my mind!!!!

"Hey, I've got nothing to do today but smile..."
The Only Living Boy in New York, Paul Simon
Go to Top of Page

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2012 :  8:14:47 PM  Show Profile
Thank you all for your prayers. I realized the reason I've been feeling depressed is because when I hear people say these things about me, it causes me to doubt myself. People find it so easy to believe the negative, even about themselves. I went to a meeting tonight that gave me something positive to carry with me. I can't do anything about people who gossip at work, nor can my supervisor, cause I work at a hospital with hundreds of employees. So people are going to say what they're going to say--even if they've never spoken face to face with me. The way I see it, if you're a lab worker who looks at specimens all day, you have to do something to break the monotony. So people gossip--the juicier, the better. It's human nature to talk about others--maybe people gossip cause they're secretly jealous of the other person. But it hurts when you hear what they're saying. So thank you for the prayers--the trees were absolutely beautiful as I was driving home tonight--a kaleidoscope of colors. And that made me feel better. maybe that's God's way of making us feel good.
Cindy

"Vast floods can't quench love, no matter what love did/ Rivers can't drown love, no matter where love's hid"--Sinead O'Connor
"In many ways, you don't just live in the country, it lives inside you"--Ellen Eilers

Visit my blog at http://www.farmerinthebelle.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2012 :  8:41:30 PM  Show Profile
Cindy, I'm happy to hear you have put things in a better frame of mind. Good for you. I believe people as you are describing are miserable people.
Have a great evening.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page
  Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic Gossip getting me down Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page