Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 Finding time for sewing
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Finding time for sewing Next Topic  

neeter302
True Blue Farmgirl

257 Posts

Anita
Hanover Indiana
USA
257 Posts

Posted - Oct 01 2012 :  12:29:03 PM  Show Profile
Would fellow sisters share their thoughts on how they find time to sew? I know if you want something badly enough you find a way. I wistfully dream of finding time to sew and it just doesn't happen. I work full-time and life is so hectic there's just no TIME ! Let's face it, if you carve out time for ANY hobby, something else has to go. Partially done projects sitting in a pile are tugging at me. I'm having a hard time fitting it into an already hectic schedule. Please share what you do to find time to sew.

laurzgot
True Blue Farmgirl

1692 Posts

Laurie
Alvin Texas
USA
1692 Posts

Posted - Oct 01 2012 :  3:17:25 PM  Show Profile
I have always found time to sew Anita. When I was single and working fulltime I did after work after I started on laundry, strating up the house, fixing a meal it seems to relax me. I would multitask. I have raised three children and working partime I would sew on my time off or when they were in school. Still multitasking do all of the above. After all the school work was done taking care of outside chores,etc. When the children where in bed I'd sew. I found out when working fulltime with three children doing FFA, sports, etc. On the weekends I would cook the weeks meals and freeze them. Also If I where making biscuits, pancakes or something like that I would mix up all the dry ingreidents label and put in fridge or if using the next morning cover and leave on counter. Would take hand sewing with me to my children's practices but never to a function so I could see my child particapate. You just need to figure out how you want to organize what you need to do. Family is always first!!!!! Just try and figure out how you want to plan everything. Hope this helps you.
Laurie

"Smile and be yourself everyday"
Country girl at heart
Laurie

Aprons and More by Laurie is on my FB page
Go to Top of Page

neeter302
True Blue Farmgirl

257 Posts

Anita
Hanover Indiana
USA
257 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2012 :  06:38:48 AM  Show Profile
Thanks Laurie, freezing meals sounds like a wonderful idea to save time through the week. I make everything else a priority and it's a long list ! I'm going to put a sewing bag in my car so I can at least have some hand work to occupy any down time I may have when away from home or at work. I could get back to my yo-yos and hexagon pieces, at least that's a start I guess. Have a great day!
Go to Top of Page

rubyleesmom
Zapped Profile

190 Posts

190 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2012 :  09:35:08 AM  Show Profile
I have the same problem Anita.. Have been working on a kids nap quilt for ages now.. seems virtually impossible to get to. When I do find some extra time to work on it, I am just too dang tired and dont feel like fooling with it!
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2012 :  10:37:48 PM  Show Profile
Hey Anita,
You are not alone when it comes to finding time,,, makeing time for any sewing/crafting time.... I find I squeeze in sewing/crafting when I have a spare moment,,,which is far & few between in the Summer months,,,, but,,, by the end of Fall...and 1st snow fall, things slow down around here & I get more time to myself for crafting ,,,, (during the day)....

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom.
"Is it time for my Dirt Manicure yet!"

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://www.graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

cozie lady
True Blue Farmgirl

58 Posts

Amy
Mt Pleasant MI
USA
58 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2012 :  09:41:58 AM  Show Profile
I am up 3 hours before I have to be to work. I use that time to do house work, laundry or sometimes I work on a craft project. I have done it for so long now that I can't imagine not being productive before I leave for work. I also work on chores after work all week too so that I have free time on the weekends. Try to think of your weekend as a mini vacation, work hard all week for the extra weekend time. Of course I have an empty nest now which makes it easier.

amy r
sister #4186
Go to Top of Page

neeter302
True Blue Farmgirl

257 Posts

Anita
Hanover Indiana
USA
257 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2012 :  08:55:06 AM  Show Profile
Well, I got grandson's halloween costume cut out but not the first stitch yet, had carpal tunnel surgery yesterday so this will be interesting whether it gets completed!
Go to Top of Page

rphelps4
True Blue Farmgirl

620 Posts

roxanna
westport indiana
USA
620 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2012 :  09:02:53 AM  Show Profile  Send rphelps4 a Yahoo! Message
I think it is important to make for whatever your enjoyment is, to keep us healthy mentality! God knows I need all the help I can get! LOL Roxanna
Go to Top of Page

neeter302
True Blue Farmgirl

257 Posts

Anita
Hanover Indiana
USA
257 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2012 :  1:27:25 PM  Show Profile
YAY, Yoda costume is done! Haven't made an apron in a LONG time, simple & quick to do.
Go to Top of Page
  Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Finding time for sewing Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page