Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Barnyard Buddies
 Just sent in an app to get another dog!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Barnyard Buddies: Previous Topic Just sent in an app to get another dog! Next Topic  

musicmommy
True Blue Farmgirl

430 Posts

Wendy
Oregon
USA
430 Posts

Posted - Oct 01 2012 :  06:53:02 AM  Show Profile
We've been kind of playing around with the idea of getting another dog. We have a no kill shelter near us that sends out pictures of dogs they are trying to find homes for and although many of them have been interesting, yesterday was the first time we got excited about one. He is a blue eyed, husky/shepherd mix. I forwarded the picture to my hubby and asked him what he thought and he said to send in our application. Yay! Now, we wait to see if we get picked. I saw on the facebook page that a few others also are trying to get this one so I'm trying not to get our hopes up, but still keeping our fingers crossed.

The funniest part? My husband has already named the little guy. Duffer. I had told the boys not to even think of names yet because that is just setting us up for disappointment and here my hubby does it.

One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain.
Bob Marley

www.becomingwendy.wordpress.com

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Oct 01 2012 :  08:07:58 AM  Show Profile
What a heartwarming topic, Wendy. I hope you get the dog!!!! Keep us posted. I'd love to see a picture of the husky/shepherd mix.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

texdane
Farmgirl Legend Chapter Leader Chapter Guru

4658 Posts

Nicole
Sandy Hook CT
USA
4658 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2012 :  1:17:20 PM  Show Profile
Oh Wendy, Hope you get him! My Bonnie came from a shelter, and she, too, is a Husky/Shepard mix. I like to call her my "German Shushky". She is the best dog I have ever had. Keep us posted!

Nicole

Farmgirl Sister #1155
KNITTER, JAM-MAKER AND MOM EXTRAORDINAIRE
Chapter Leader, Connecticut Simpler Life Sisters

Suburban Farmgirl Blogger
http://sfgblog.maryjanesfarm.org/
Go to Top of Page

chickensforme
True Blue Farmgirl

90 Posts

Anne
Coopersburg Pa
USA
90 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2012 :  1:49:59 PM  Show Profile
Dear Wendy. I applaud you and your family for considering a shelter dog.
A lot of people want to go through the puppy stage and that is good too.
You can find puppies also in the shelters. I have been in animal rescue for about 10 plus years and have seen some horrfic things as you can imagine.

If you cannot get Duffer, there are many dogs that need a good home. Be patient you will find the dog that you will fall in love with.

I wish you and your family the best.

Farmgirl #4586

" A dog's tail never lie's "
Go to Top of Page

kysheeplady
True Blue Farmgirl

1291 Posts

Teri
KY
USA
1291 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2012 :  2:05:20 PM  Show Profile
fingers crossed! Hope you get him. Shep/Husk are great dogs!

Teri

"There are black sheep in every flock"

White Sheep Farm
www.whitesheepfarm.com
Go to Top of Page

acairnsmom
True Blue Farmgirl

1319 Posts

audrey
cheyenne wy
1319 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2012 :  3:43:58 PM  Show Profile
Oh I hope you get him! My latest Cairn is a rescue from the national Cairn rescue. He's a wonderful little dog! We've had him since January and I couldn't imagine my life without him. I call him my therapy dog, we got him to help me get over the death of my other Cairn last fall. Little Kipper is fulfilling his therapy duties admirably!

Even if you don't get this one, keep checking back with the group. Kipper was about my 10th pick and I'm glad now that I didn't get the first 9 if you know what I mean.

Audrey

http://prairiecairncottage.blogspot.com/
Good boy Hobbs! I love and miss you.
Go to Top of Page

Fiddlehead Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

4562 Posts

Diane
Waupaca WI
USA
4562 Posts

Posted - Oct 03 2012 :  04:54:43 AM  Show Profile
I hope you get him too! So good of you to rescue.

http://studiodiphotosite.shutterfly.com/
farmgirl sister #922

I am trying to be the person my dogs think I am.

I get up every morning determined to both change the world and have one hell of a good time. Sometimes this makes planning my day difficult.
- E. B. White
Go to Top of Page

musicmommy
True Blue Farmgirl

430 Posts

Wendy
Oregon
USA
430 Posts

Posted - Oct 03 2012 :  07:06:12 AM  Show Profile
Thanks ladies!

About a year ago, we had to say goodbye to our 17 year old beagle so our household has been down to two dogs for a while. We currently have two rescues, one from we got from animal control and the other who came up our street and we never found the owners. My mil may be taking the russel/dachshund mix so this is a good time to bring another into our home.

They told us they got our application, but it is still waiting on approval. Hopefully, we'll find out today or tomorrow. Now that we've decided we do want another one, we are so eager to bring him home!

One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain.
Bob Marley

www.becomingwendy.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

Katlady93
True Blue Farmgirl

361 Posts

Charlotte
Denmark SC
USA
361 Posts

Posted - Oct 04 2012 :  5:09:57 PM  Show Profile  Send Katlady93 a Yahoo! Message
we have a husky/shepherd mix named Kymo. he is a real love, most of the time. he was a shelter dog too. good luck to you.

Some dreams are worth the risk it takes to make them real.
Go to Top of Page
  Barnyard Buddies: Previous Topic Just sent in an app to get another dog! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page