Author Reading Room: Previous Topic Agatha Raisin Series Next Topic  

Bella
True Blue Farmgirl

274 Posts

Karen

USA
274 Posts

Posted - Sep 28 2012 :  5:46:21 PM  Show Profile
Does anyone out there love M. C. Beaton's Agatha Raisin mysteries as much as I do? I just finished reading her latest - Hiss and Hers -- and it was wonderful. Beaton is such a prolific writer, has written well over 100 books. This latest book takes many twists and turns and I found myself laughing out loud over the witty remarks some of the characters made. Beaton is 76 years old and still going strong. She has another mystery series - Hamish McBeath -- that is set in Scotland. I haven't ready any of those yet, but intend to. The Agatha series takes place in the Cotswolds. Easy, entertaining reading for anyone who's interested. She writes one a year and I'm longing for her next one.

"Just living is not enough, said the butterfly. One must have freedom, sunshine and a little flower." -Hans Christian Anderson

Bella
True Blue Farmgirl

274 Posts

Karen

USA
274 Posts

Posted - Sep 28 2012 :  6:39:59 PM  Show Profile
I just realized that I posted some time back about the Agatha Raisin books. Sorry! I just got so excited over the new one that I wasn't thinking.

"Just living is not enough, said the butterfly. One must have freedom, sunshine and a little flower." -Hans Christian Anderson
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Sep 28 2012 :  6:51:32 PM  Show Profile
I put her name down on my list. I'll go to Amazon and check out her books. Thanks.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

Melina
True Blue Farmgirl

435 Posts

Melina

USA
435 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2012 :  09:15:03 AM  Show Profile
I've read both series. Love her, and her curmudgeon characters.

The morning breeze has secrets to tell you. Do not go back to sleep.
Rumi
Go to Top of Page

Bella
True Blue Farmgirl

274 Posts

Karen

USA
274 Posts

Posted - Oct 27 2012 :  4:59:04 PM  Show Profile
For all you Agatha Raisin lovers, I'm reading The Agatha Raisin Companion by M. C. Beaton. I had to order it second hand thru Amazon. M. C. Beaton tells a little about her colorful life in the intro, then goes into detail about Agatha, i.e., how she feels about herself, her family background, kinds of clothes she likes, etc. One of my favorite chapters has the wonderful quotes of Mrs. Bloxby and there are descriptions of other ongoing characters as well. There is a description of different Cotswold villages and Beaton explains which ones are real and which ones are fictional. Beaton has also added a few English recipes at the back of the book. It has a pretty, colorful book jacket and the interior is nicely typeset with cute black and white illustrations.

Go to Top of Page
  Reading Room: Previous Topic Agatha Raisin Series Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page