Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 Pumpkin pincushion how-to
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Pumpkin pincushion how-to Next Topic  

RedHoopWoman
True Blue Farmgirl

513 Posts

Kathryn
Yoder Colorado
USA
513 Posts

Posted - Sep 25 2012 :  11:01:24 AM  Show Profile
http://knotygirls.crabapplehillstudio.com/ This link has a how-to on how to make cute little pumpkin pincushions,they're almost like making a yo-yo,real simple,I've already got a couple made.Check out her regular website for great embroidery and quilt patterns if you're not already familiar with Crabapple Hill's patterns

"Today's Mighty Oak is just Yesterday's Nut"
Nostalgic Needleworks http://www.etsy.com/shop/NostalgicNeedleworks

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Sep 25 2012 :  1:06:40 PM  Show Profile
That is just so cute, Kathryn!!! Thank you for sharing!!! :)

Farmgirl Sister #1974

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Sep 25 2012 :  6:54:20 PM  Show Profile
Very cute, Kathryn. I'll have to try this! Thanks for sharing.

Farmgirl sister #3926

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page

RedHoopWoman
True Blue Farmgirl

513 Posts

Kathryn
Yoder Colorado
USA
513 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2012 :  10:19:15 AM  Show Profile
I love Crabapple Hill patterns and thought these were very cute,I've made a few of them in different sizes to use in place of the little gourds and pumpkins I normally buy for Autumn decor,these I can just pack away with my other Autumn stuff at the end of the season!

"Today's Mighty Oak is just Yesterday's Nut"
Nostalgic Needleworks http://www.etsy.com/shop/NostalgicNeedleworks
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2012 :  4:37:52 PM  Show Profile
So cute. Thanks for sharing.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

mtngirljon
True Blue Farmgirl

539 Posts

Jonnie
Webster Texas
USA
539 Posts

Posted - Nov 06 2012 :  3:35:12 PM  Show Profile
Kathryn, I LOVE Crabapple Hill patterns! I've done Which Witch's Boot, 2 of the Christmas pillow cases, the sampler snowman, the two snowmen setting up the Christmas tree pillow and am currently working on the "Q" block from the Christmas quilt pattern. Going to do the pumpkin thimble bouquet and Calendula Patterdrip next. They are so beautiful and I love the crayon work.

Have you ever tried Birdbrain patterns? Birdbraindesigns.net the patterns are simple and fun and there are many free ones on the web site. The Dunroven towels they sell are awesome for embroidery.

Can you tell that I love embroidery? I am also a quilter and often use the 2 together.

Jonnie
Farmgirl #648

"Turn your face to the sun, and the shadows will fall behind you" - Maori Proverb

Go to Top of Page
  Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Pumpkin pincushion how-to Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page