Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 HELP-Shipping question-Need Quick Reply!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic HELP-Shipping question-Need Quick Reply! Next Topic  

melody
True Blue Farmgirl

3320 Posts

Melody
The Great North Woods in the Land of Hiawatha
USA
3320 Posts

Posted - Sep 24 2012 :  4:58:16 PM  Show Profile
Someone e-mailed me regarding an item I have in my Etsy store...just a few minutes ago-----

"Hi! I would need these in California by Friday. What would be the extra shipping cost?"

Right now I have $11.65 for shipping-Certainly not an express mail fee and it's a "hefty" set of 3 Vintage silver-plate carving utensils-

The longest utensil is 14 inches...

I'm in Michigan and they are in Cali....

Tried looking on line, but I am majorly confused and have no clue what to charge.

Any help would be greatly appreciated so that I may respond to this potential buyer toot sweet!

Thank you ladies...

Melody
Farmgirl #525

queenmushroom
True Blue Farmgirl

985 Posts

Lorena
Centerville Me
USA
985 Posts

Posted - Sep 24 2012 :  5:30:02 PM  Show Profile
I would get a postal priority mail shipping box and see if it would fit in that. Just explain that that's the best you can do.

Patience is worth a bushel of brains...from a chinese fortune cookie
Go to Top of Page

melody
True Blue Farmgirl

3320 Posts

Melody
The Great North Woods in the Land of Hiawatha
USA
3320 Posts

Posted - Sep 24 2012 :  5:46:50 PM  Show Profile
I'd have to have a Priority box specific (Regional Rate Box C) to be able to accommodate the 14 inch piece and you can only order that online-which would take a few days just to get to my address so that I could ship. And, that costs $38.00! So I am out of luck with that-If I had that specific Priority box on hand and could get it out on Tuesday it wouldn't arrive (hopefully) until Thursday-That's kind of cutting it close if you ask me!

I checked Express rates and it is close to $50.00 but it would arrive on Wednesday if I posted it on Tuesday.

Sheesh....
Go to Top of Page

brightmeadow
True Blue Farmgirl

2045 Posts

Brenda
Lucas Ohio
USA
2045 Posts

Posted - Sep 24 2012 :  8:27:43 PM  Show Profile
And of course you could go overnight with FedEx but probably too late tonight, would have to go out tomorrow to arrive on Wednesday - Would probably cost more than you are asking for the object- What do they need it for? Give them the FEDEX option..Who knows? Maybe they have an unlimited budget.

You shall eat the fruit of the labor of your hands - You shall be happy and it shall be well with you. -Psalm 128.2
Visit my blogs at http://brightmeadowfarms.blogspot.com (farming) http://brightmeadowknits.blogspot.com (knitting) or my homepage at http://home.earthlink.net/~brightmeadow
Go to Top of Page

Okie Farm Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

1674 Posts

Mary Beth
McLoud Oklahoma
USA
1674 Posts

Posted - Sep 24 2012 :  8:29:55 PM  Show Profile
Melody, do you have a post office near you? The priority box #1095 would work for your items because it is 15 1/4" x 3" x 12 15/16" and it can be picked up at the post office. You just have to ask for it. f you get it in the am, you could take your packing stuff with you and get the items into the box in the car and then take it back in to ship it. Or you can take it home and do the shipping online, which is cheaper. And you could do the 2-3 day priority and get it there by Friday. Just a thought.

Mary Beth

www.OklahomaPastryCloth.com
www.Oklahomapastrycloth.com/blog
The Sovereign Lord is my strength - Habakkuk 3:19
Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
The Beautiful Pacific NW Washington State
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Sep 25 2012 :  01:51:15 AM  Show Profile
I know I am late in replying .... but, don't take FedEx out of the picture for this pkg or others. I have found they are cheaper, you get the ability to track, things arrive in better condition and in general, they seem to appreciate the business more. Sorry USPS, maybe it is just our local employees, but you get tired of feeling they are doing you a favor by allowing you to use the PO to transport items or letters to other places.
marianne
Go to Top of Page

queenmushroom
True Blue Farmgirl

985 Posts

Lorena
Centerville Me
USA
985 Posts

Posted - Sep 25 2012 :  2:51:18 PM  Show Profile
If the postal employees are making you feel like they're doing you favor the file a complaint on them are the head office in your state. They're supposed to mail packages. They were around long before ups and fedex. I will agree that their tracking sucks but don't overlook their services either. "

Patience is worth a bushel of brains...from a chinese fortune cookie
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic HELP-Shipping question-Need Quick Reply! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page