Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 Might have our Farm - Make that Got our Farm
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic Might have our Farm - Make that Got our Farm Next Topic
Page: of 3

KatTylee
True Blue Farmgirl

230 Posts

Katrina
Mitchell Nebraska
USA
230 Posts

Posted - Nov 07 2012 :  3:26:29 PM  Show Profile
We are at it again. We are putting an offer in on another place. My breath is held because there are all sorts of things that have to go right for us to get this house and property. Oh my gosh it is perfect though. I'm gonna hold off on all the descriptions etc. for now. Partly in fear of jinxing it...

~"Be yourself; everyone else is already taken."
— Oscar Wilde~
Go to Top of Page

pinokeeo
True Blue Farmgirl

559 Posts

Phyllis
Oregon
USA
559 Posts

Posted - Nov 07 2012 :  5:26:41 PM  Show Profile
Good plan. I can't wait to see if you've got it. I'll have my fingers crossed.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I cannot master those things that I have not tried.

check out my artfire: http://www.artfire.com/users/PiNOKEEOs
Go to Top of Page

KatTylee
True Blue Farmgirl

230 Posts

Katrina
Mitchell Nebraska
USA
230 Posts

Posted - Nov 12 2012 :  06:23:17 AM  Show Profile
4 days if you count today for the offer to get a response. 4 days of eternity... Waiting is the pits but I sure hope they accept our offer. I really want this place.

— Oscar Wilde~
Go to Top of Page

ClaireSky
True Blue Farmgirl

1792 Posts

Julie
Arcadia WI
USA
1792 Posts

Posted - Nov 12 2012 :  06:27:00 AM  Show Profile  Send ClaireSky an AOL message  Send ClaireSky a Yahoo! Message
When I bought my house I gave them 5 days to respond. They responded in exactly 45 minutes. I still have my fingers crossed. If it is meant to be, it will be. I am sure it will be.

Julie
Farmgirl #399

Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. If you love what you are doing, you will be successful.
Go to Top of Page

KatTylee
True Blue Farmgirl

230 Posts

Katrina
Mitchell Nebraska
USA
230 Posts

Posted - Nov 12 2012 :  06:34:02 AM  Show Profile
I know they were leaving town just as they got the offer and are supposed to be back early this week. I'm hoping the trip gave them the time to decide that it is a good offer. We are hoping it is meant to be. So far it has seemed like it so I hope it keeps going that way. I so want to take pictures and show you gals but I don't dare even describe for fear of jinxing it. A little nervous in the fact that if they accept the offer then we will be moving soon. Like 2 weeks soon. At least we aren't moved into our rental completely. :) But if they accept I will be packing like a mad woman.

— Oscar Wilde~
Go to Top of Page

AliciaNak
True Blue Farmgirl

405 Posts

Alicia
Elko Nevada
USA
405 Posts

Posted - Nov 13 2012 :  08:47:17 AM  Show Profile
I hope it all goes through for you!
Did you *fire* your first realtor? I was a realtor/property manager for a few years, a few years ago, and it was my understanding at the time that you don't have to *fire* the realtor, you just don't work with them anymore. Or let her know you are working with another agent.
fingers crossed for you!

Alicia
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.~Ralph Waldo Emmerson
www.blondenak.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

KatTylee
True Blue Farmgirl

230 Posts

Katrina
Mitchell Nebraska
USA
230 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2012 :  06:36:50 AM  Show Profile
Hey Alicia,

Well, we've kinda gone back and forth about this realtor/property manager. I really dislike her but my husband is not quite so against her. The main thing she has going right now is that she has put us in contact with the people who have the house we want. It isn't officially for sale right now. Nothing against realtors specifically but I never do seem to get along with most of them. I think I am too much my father's daughter. I figure if you are going to make that much money from me then you should do things exactly the way I want them done. Even if it doesn't make sense to anyone else. Like I say, I get myself into a mess sometimes because of it. I know it drives my husband crazy. :) Sometimes it just works better for us to have him deal with this stuff. He's more level headed and less impulsive. We need that right now.

I so hope this goes through. I wish they would reply to our offer. I know they have to be back in town by tomorrow for a beef growers meeting so I hope we'll hear today or tomorrow. Gotta love small towns. I know they will be back because of the local news on the radio.

Have my fingers crossed and my breath held...

— Oscar Wilde~
Go to Top of Page

KatTylee
True Blue Farmgirl

230 Posts

Katrina
Mitchell Nebraska
USA
230 Posts

Posted - Nov 16 2012 :  09:11:22 AM  Show Profile
Well, they replied and we are negotiating. Hope it gets agreed upon soon cuz if it goes through today we'll have 2 weeks to get packed up and move. Uf-da! I'm okay with being that crazy busy if it means we get our chunk of land. Fingers are still crossed since papers aren't signed yet.

— Oscar Wilde~
Go to Top of Page

AliciaNak
True Blue Farmgirl

405 Posts

Alicia
Elko Nevada
USA
405 Posts

Posted - Nov 16 2012 :  09:19:55 AM  Show Profile
Negotiating is at least a step in the right direction! Fingers crossed that you will agree upon terms soon!

Alicia
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.~Ralph Waldo Emmerson
www.blondenak.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

KatTylee
True Blue Farmgirl

230 Posts

Katrina
Mitchell Nebraska
USA
230 Posts

Posted - Dec 05 2012 :  06:16:16 AM  Show Profile
And that one fell through... Even our realtor is wondering what is going on with the sellers and wondering why we are getting the difficult sellers. Oh well. There has to be a reason. At least that's what I keep telling myself. I'm very tired of the housing roller coaster. I want my own home again. Right now we'll focus on the holidays and then we'll see what happens with the market.

— Oscar Wilde~
Go to Top of Page

CluckingLaura
Farmgirl at Heart

5 Posts

Laura
Connecticut
USA
5 Posts

Posted - Dec 05 2012 :  08:51:28 AM  Show Profile
I hope that the new year brings the perfect home (and farm) for you.

Laura

Go to Top of Page

KatTylee
True Blue Farmgirl

230 Posts

Katrina
Mitchell Nebraska
USA
230 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2013 :  12:09:14 PM  Show Profile
Dang! We are still in search of our farm/acreage. We thought we had another deal. And then that fell through too. The place was listed as a double lot, we offered on a double lot, we had a verbal buy/sell accepted for a double lot, and when push came to shove for the paperwork she came back with a single lot. Surprised even her listing agent. Deal killed. :( Ah well. Let's hope 2013 is better for house hunting.

— Oscar Wilde~
Go to Top of Page

dreaminfarmgirl
Farmgirl in Training

13 Posts

Kim
Mt. Angel OR
USA
13 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2013 :  6:52:04 PM  Show Profile
I'm so sorry. I completely understand your frustration. I will keep you and your family in our prayers.

Dream, Believe, Achieve
Go to Top of Page

KatTylee
True Blue Farmgirl

230 Posts

Katrina
Mitchell Nebraska
USA
230 Posts

Posted - Feb 27 2013 :  1:34:50 PM  Show Profile
We closed today! Finally got our chunk of property. 25 acres up on the side of the valley. Whew! It seemed to take forever and we had 3 other places fall apart at the 11th hour on us but we've got it. Now we get to move in and get ready for spring. :)

— Oscar Wilde~

Farmgirl Sister #3214

http://lazymomgardener.wordpress.com/
Go to Top of Page

HodgeLodge
True Blue Farmgirl

662 Posts

Tiana
Berkeley Springs WV
USA
662 Posts

Posted - Feb 27 2013 :  3:43:23 PM  Show Profile
Congrats on getting the farm. Please let us know how it goes. It will be interesting.

Farmgirl #4817-The greatest gift of the garden is the restoration of the five senses. ~Hanna Rion

https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Hodge-Lodge-Clothesline/285366378259342

Go to Top of Page

rphelps4
True Blue Farmgirl

620 Posts

roxanna
westport indiana
USA
620 Posts

Posted - Feb 27 2013 :  9:54:22 PM  Show Profile  Send rphelps4 a Yahoo! Message
Woo hoo I am so happy for you and your family, good luck in your new adventure!! Roxanna
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Gladstone Mi.
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Feb 28 2013 :  06:10:33 AM  Show Profile
So happy for you and your family!!!! I know how anxious you are to get your gardens going again. Hope all works out smoothly for you.

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

http://hardatworkcrafts.blogspot.com

http://Jan49829.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Cindy Lou
True Blue Farmgirl

2325 Posts

Susan
Lonsdale MN
USA
2325 Posts

Posted - Feb 28 2013 :  08:19:23 AM  Show Profile
Katrina,
I hear time and time again of people being disappointed on losing a chance at a place they like, only to find the true place of their dreams soon after. Best wishes!
Susan

"Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?"
Mary Oliver
Go to Top of Page

laurentany
True Blue Farmgirl

3259 Posts

Laurie
Patchogue NY
USA
3259 Posts

Posted - Feb 28 2013 :  6:21:24 PM  Show Profile
Congratulations! How. Exciting for you! Would love to see pictures when you get settled in.
Hugs,

~Laurie
"Little Hen House on the Island"
Farmgirl Sister#1403

View my New Blog:
http://simplesuburbanpleasures.blogspot.com

Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap, but by the seeds that you plant.
~Robert Louis Stevenson
Go to Top of Page

sonshine4u
Chapter Guru

1205 Posts

April
New Prague MN
USA
1205 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2013 :  05:46:08 AM  Show Profile
Very exciting! Congratulations!
~Hugs,
April :)

Playing in the Sonshine
Go to Top of Page

Fiddlehead Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

4562 Posts

Diane
Waupaca WI
USA
4562 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2013 :  07:29:25 AM  Show Profile
Yeah! Congratulations!

http://studiodiphotosite.shutterfly.com/
farmgirl sister #922

I am trying to be the person my dogs think I am.

I get up every morning determined to both change the world and have one hell of a good time. Sometimes this makes planning my day difficult.
- E. B. White
Go to Top of Page

KatTylee
True Blue Farmgirl

230 Posts

Katrina
Mitchell Nebraska
USA
230 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2013 :  12:31:01 PM  Show Profile
Thank you all for the support. We have been super busy trying to move in and get settled. About 2 weeks after we closed we started to get company. This weekend will be our first weekend in a month that we haven't had company for the weekend. While I love visiting with family it will be very nice to actually get something done around here. Well, maybe because since we don't have company we figured we'd better have our friends from town out for dinner so tomorrow afternoon/evening I'm hosting dinner for 6 adults and 6 kids (all under the age of 5). It is a little daunting but I have fun with it too. I'm excited to show off the garden that is pretty well mapped out and started. I have four more beds to till but of course my little tiller finally decided to give up on me. I gotta get parts if I can find them and get it repaired. I need to get my greens planted this weekend and I got some sage and lemon thyme to put in as well. We have lots of tumbleweed that need burned and grass to get started but we are taking it little by little. Garden is in progress and the clothes line is up. Now it is the little repairs like a faucet here and a light fixture there. Toward the end of summer our big project will be putting a wood stove in. We are all electric here and I really don't like the idea of not having any heat, coffee, or food if the power goes out. We have lots of little/big projects planned. So much fun getting started on them. The best of all is that it is appearing that our utilities will be quite a bit lower than they were in town. Yippee! I'll leave you with a couple of photos. The house one is a bit fuzzy since my cell phone doesn't like taking long distance photos. The second is my daughter and old border collie enjoying a walk in the pasture. They are the best of friends. :)

— Oscar Wilde~

Farmgirl Sister #3214

Edited by - KatTylee on Apr 05 2013 12:32:09 PM
Go to Top of Page

cj6
True Blue Farmgirl

196 Posts

cj

USA
196 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2013 :  11:28:45 PM  Show Profile
Katrina,I am so happy for you!
I completely understand what you have gone through as we have walked a similar path the past few years. Made offers four times and had them fall through due to either the seller or the listing agent. Now we are doing nothing more than waiting for the appraisal and as long as it is good we will close very soon. I am antsy and hopeful and praying that we too will soon have a farm of our own.
Go to Top of Page

KatTylee
True Blue Farmgirl

230 Posts

Katrina
Mitchell Nebraska
USA
230 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2013 :  08:21:12 AM  Show Profile
Good luck. I know that feeling of just waiting for the appraisal. Ugh. The stomach knots that gives a person. It will be nice to hear you got yours too. My fingers are crossed for you.

— Oscar Wilde~

Farmgirl Sister #3214

Go to Top of Page

Betty J.
True Blue Farmgirl

1403 Posts

Betty
Pasco WA
USA
1403 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2013 :  08:54:58 AM  Show Profile
Katrina, I am so happy for you to have finally gotten a place to call your own. Now the work starts! You will turn the farm into one that you will be proud of.

Betty in Pasco
Always a Nebraska Native

Edited by - Betty J. on Apr 07 2013 10:29:48 AM
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic Might have our Farm - Make that Got our Farm Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page