Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Fabulous Farm Collectibles
 *Farmgirl Swap
 Altered Autumn Altoid Tin Swap! NOW POSTING PICS!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic Altered Autumn Altoid Tin Swap! NOW POSTING PICS! Next Topic
Page: of 3

violetrose
True Blue Farmgirl

960 Posts

Ruth
Epworth GA
USA
960 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2012 :  11:56:37 AM  Show Profile
Nini, These look so cute, but I can't join :( ! Can't wait to see all the pretties that are swapped though :)!
Hugs, Ruth

Farmgirl Sister # 1738

God loves each one of us as if there were only one of us!

St. Augustine
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Oct 01 2012 :  08:39:36 AM  Show Profile
Hi Ruthy! I understand... I bet the girls will create some wonderful things for everyone to see! Love you, my friend! Hugs - Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Oct 01 2012 :  08:44:52 AM  Show Profile
Thank you for posting, Becky! Glad to have you aboard!

Yes! I think if you want to make your lids flat, you could use a flat piece of metal over the inside and then a hammer to pound it down evenly. That way, you shouldn't have any hammer marks... if you don't want them, that is! :)

You could also use one of those Liquid Glass products to fill in the entire lid to make it flat, but I would think that would be very expensive, very messy and take a bit of time.

I think Maddie's got the right idea - you can use the raised part of the lid as part of your artwork, too. You can just use the lid itself as a back ground, OR you could paint it, etc...

So many possiblities! SO many creative options! If you have a special idea you'd like to share, we'd all love to hear it! Thank you!!!

JUST A REMINDER: SIGN-UP ENDS OCTOBER 7TH!!! Hope you can join us!

Hugs,

Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Oct 05 2012 :  08:23:43 AM  Show Profile
Hi everyone -

'Just a quick reminder that there are two days left to sign up! We'd love to have you join the fun!

I am pretty sure you all have emailed your contact information to me, but will be confirming that very soon!

Hugs -

Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2012 :  08:06:16 AM  Show Profile
Hi girls -

Since we have an uneven number of participating farmgirls, I'd like to extend the sign-ups til the end of today, okay? Partners will definitely be posted tomorrow!

Linda (aka Hummingbirdjoy), I do have your contact information from the last swap we participated in together as partners, I'm sure it hasn't changed in the past few weeks, but will you please be so kind as to email me to confirm that it's still the same and that you're still board? Thank you!

I have received everyone else's confirmation email/contact information - thank you!

So far this is who we have signed up:

Nancy aka Annielaurel

Linda aka Hummingbirdjoy

Maddie aka Fille de Ferme

Lesley aka erowease

Portia aka ptroupe

Becky aka Becky 2002

And, me, of course! :)

I think that's everyone - if I have missed anyone, please forgive me and contact me right away! Again, since that makes seven of us, I'm hoping we get at least one more farmgirl to join! If not, I can sit this one out, OR I can swap with two farmgirls, OR three of us can swap, each taking one partner! Don't worry, I'll be sure everyone is covered! I just want this to be fun for everyone!

I'll be in touch with partner assignments tomorrow! Thanks so much girls!

Hugs -

Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

Go to Top of Page

annemary
True Blue Farmgirl

290 Posts

WI
290 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2012 :  5:54:11 PM  Show Profile
Hi Nini,

I'll join! I have three empty tins waiting to be made into something fun.

~Anne

Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2012 :  7:22:25 PM  Show Profile
YAY! Anne! I'm so happy you'll be joining in the fun! I did receive your contact information - thank you! :) I know what you mean - I've got a few tins stacked up and waiting, too! LOL!

I'll be in touch soon, girls!

Hugs -

Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2012 :  5:41:28 PM  Show Profile
Portia - I just resent your info, and then copied and pasted it in my reply to your email. Please let me know if you got it all right! Sorry about that! :)

Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

Go to Top of Page

ptroupe
True Blue Farmgirl

1752 Posts

Portia
Johnson City NY
USA
1752 Posts

Posted - Oct 09 2012 :  5:21:27 PM  Show Profile
Anne,

I mailed your package today. Got the into about the incorrect address after I had mailed it. My return address is on it, so unless your postman figures out the mistake, it will come back to me and I will resend it.

Hugs,
Portia

Wishing for the country life!
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2012 :  9:01:18 PM  Show Profile
Girls - just in case you are trying to get that Altoid tin lid flat, tonight my husband took a few tins out to the garage and played around a bit. What worked best for him was to use a wide chisel and just rub back and forth over the raised area until it flattened. Of course, it's not necessary to flatten the lid if you want to work with the raised part, but just in case, I thought I should share. :)

Anne & Portia - please forgive my typo. Hopefully the Post Office will catch it and deliver your package correctly. My old computer went kaplooey recently, so we bought a laptop to replace it. This keyboard is uber sensitive - it deletes letters and words, wipes out entire lines, the mouse flips everywhere, and sometimes when I hit a key, if I even slightly tap one next to it, it picks up the other letter/number. I try really, really hard to ensure to catch and fix any errors. I had even double-checked the addresses before sending! I don't know how that happened, but I feel horrible. If my mistake causes you delivery issues and you find you have to re-ship and pay additional postage, please let me know and I'll refund your costs right away. Also - Portia, if you sent it with a tracking number (for example, Priority Mail always has a tracking number), you may be able to call the Post Office and have them change the label for you while it's in transit so there is no delay in delivery. Just thought I should let you know. :) In any event, I hope you both will please accept my most sincere apologies for my mistake.

Hugs -

Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

Go to Top of Page

annielaurel
True Blue Farmgirl

912 Posts

nancy
fernandina beach florida
USA
912 Posts

Posted - Oct 11 2012 :  05:42:23 AM  Show Profile
Linda,

Your Altoid box is all ready and I will be sending it out to you this coming week. I sure hope you will like it.

Nancy

Make everyday a celebration of the heart.
Go to Top of Page

hummingbirdjoy
True Blue Farmgirl

1217 Posts

Linda
Washington State
USA
1217 Posts

Posted - Oct 11 2012 :  8:21:31 PM  Show Profile
Thanks for letting me know Nancy. I mailed yours today so
be looking for it sometime next week.

What I make with my
hands, I give with my heart ....
Go to Top of Page

fille de ferme
True Blue Farmgirl

2344 Posts

Madeline
Meadow Lands Pa.
USA
2344 Posts

Posted - Oct 12 2012 :  02:21:01 AM  Show Profile
Hi Lesley :) I will be mailing your package today. Been waiting for the glue to dry & trying my best to mask that awful aroma, LOL. I think only time will cure that ;)

KEEP A SMILE IN YOUR HEART...
Go to Top of Page

ptroupe
True Blue Farmgirl

1752 Posts

Portia
Johnson City NY
USA
1752 Posts

Posted - Oct 12 2012 :  12:05:42 PM  Show Profile
Nini,

No problem. It should get there. If I have to re-send it, that is not a problem. You do not have to refund me. Mistakes happen---especially with computers!!!! Have a great day and stop worrying.

Hugs,
Portia

Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Oct 13 2012 :  08:03:44 AM  Show Profile
Hi girls!

Just checking in with a reminder that TINS ARE TO BE MAILED OUT ON/BY MONDAY!!! How are you all coming along? If you need any help, remember: that's what I'm here for!!!

Becky - I received your AWESOME tin! I just love it!!! Thank you! I am having trouble getting photos to download to my new computer, but will try to post pictures of this this weekend, I promise!!! ALSO - I did finish yours yesterday, but can't get to the Post Office until Monday. Rest assured, it WILL go out on Monday, though! Hope you like it!!! :)

Thank you, Portia, for your kindness and understanding. I AM a worry-wart sometimes! LOL! But, truly, I want this swap to be fun and go well for everyone. I especially don't want anyone to have any added expense because of me! Please just keep us posted, okay? :)

Girls - I really hope you're enjoying this swap! I'll be posting the Christmas one very soon!

Hugs -

Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

Go to Top of Page

annemary
True Blue Farmgirl

290 Posts

WI
290 Posts

Posted - Oct 13 2012 :  08:34:12 AM  Show Profile
Hi Portia,

My beautiful tin arrived yesterday (with no problems on the delivery). You found a huge altoid tin! I love the marbled paint and all of the magnets are wonderful, did you make them? My mom is visiting and liked the magnets, too. Thank you, also, for the card and candy you tucked inside the tin. Did you happen to take pictures? If not, I'll take some with my phone and post in a few days. As you know I have company right now and a wedding to attend today, but I wanted to make sure you knew it arrived safely and that I really enjoyed everything!!

Farmgirl hugs,

~Anne

Go to Top of Page

ptroupe
True Blue Farmgirl

1752 Posts

Portia
Johnson City NY
USA
1752 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2012 :  5:04:59 PM  Show Profile
Anne,

I am so plesed you liked everything. Yes, I did make the magnets (out of bottle caps) and the tin was not actually an Altoid, but another one I found in a store in town. Hope the wedding went well. Also, glad the package arrived even with the partially incorrect address.

Hugs,
Portia

Go to Top of Page

ptroupe
True Blue Farmgirl

1752 Posts

Portia
Johnson City NY
USA
1752 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2012 :  5:06:35 PM  Show Profile
Nini,

I was going to tell you again not to worry, but as I read on, I see it arrived. So, no probem.

Hugs,
Portia

Go to Top of Page

erowease
True Blue Farmgirl

294 Posts

Lesley
Edmonds wa
USA
294 Posts

Posted - Oct 15 2012 :  08:31:42 AM  Show Profile
Madeline, I put yours in the mail this morning....queen of the last minute thats me! Hope it arrives quickly and safely

Lesley
"I see God in the eyes of every child...every life is precious to God, whatever the circumstances." Mother Teresa
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Oct 15 2012 :  12:12:55 PM  Show Profile
Becky - your tin went out today! I just emailed you with the tracking number - hope you like it! :) I'm going to try to post pics of the one you sent me today!

Oh, I'm so glad your tin got there, Portia and Anne! YAY!!!

Please post pics if you can, okay girls? We all would love to see!

Has everyone been able to send out your partner's tins? If you need my help, please email me!

Hugs -

Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

Go to Top of Page

annemary
True Blue Farmgirl

290 Posts

WI
290 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2012 :  2:55:23 PM  Show Profile
Portia,

My husband and little one made a trip to the post office today to send out your tin. I hope you enjoy it!

~Anne

Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2012 :  5:04:54 PM  Show Profile
Hi girls! Just wanted to share with you the awesome tin Becky made for lucky farmgirl me!!!

As Becky explains in her note, "I came back to trying to illustrate one of my favorite poems. My family has always read James Whitcomb Riley - the Goblins and the Bear Story are our favorites... The picture on the lid is Orphan Annie - inside the front is a government house built in FDR's New Deal. They bought out farmers on "bad land" and gave them a house, barn and acreage. There were two styles of houses, but they all had the same barn. The bottom picture is of a barn where my Dad, a large animal vet, used to deliver calves. There is hardly any livestock in our area anymore - all soybeans, corn or wheat..."

Now isn't that simply one of the coolest notes accompanied by pictures?! I just love it - Thank you, Becky! It's a true treasure that I will surely enjoy for a lifetime! I'll be sure to keep your card close to share the story with family and friends, too.

Thanks so, so very much - again - for all the thought and heart you put into this amazing little work of art, Becky!

Hugs -

Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

Edited by - Ninibini on Oct 16 2012 5:19:58 PM
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2012 :  5:21:27 PM  Show Profile
Girls - Please remember to post pictures when your tins arrive! I can't wait to see them all! Hugs - Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

Go to Top of Page

erowease
True Blue Farmgirl

294 Posts

Lesley
Edmonds wa
USA
294 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2012 :  7:11:25 PM  Show Profile
Received my wonderful tin from Maddie, it looks like a book and is really cute. She also included an autumn decorated ball jar with cinnamon tea inside, it smells really yummy. Thanks for such a great swap.

Lesley
"I see God in the eyes of every child...every life is precious to God, whatever the circumstances." Mother Teresa
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2012 :  8:12:55 PM  Show Profile
So cute! I love the book design! And all the sparkly gold, too! Great idea, Maddie! Beautiful tin! hugs - Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic Altered Autumn Altoid Tin Swap! NOW POSTING PICS! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page