Author **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic Howdy from Missouri Next Topic  

MustangSuzie
True Blue Farmgirl

634 Posts

Sarah
New London Missouri
USA
634 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2006 :  10:13:46 AM  Show Profile  Send MustangSuzie a Yahoo! Message
Hi everyone! I'm Sarah from Missouri. I stumbled onto Mary Jane's book at the library and what an awesome find it was! I'm a single mom to four wonderful children and I'm also a respiratory therapist (for now until I can find a venture to work for myself in). I grew up on a farm, love that way of life and can't wait to get back to it. I'm very blessed to be among you all.

Sarah

MamaHumbird
True Blue Farmgirl

116 Posts

Holly
Cleveland Missouri
USA
116 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2006 :  10:28:48 AM  Show Profile
Welcome Sarah, I am a fellow Missourian. I live south of Kansas City. Which part of MO are you from? I also have 4 children, 2 from a previous marriage. I was a single mom at one time, but with only 2 children. I can't imagine how hard it would be with 4! I look forward to hearing more about you and your kids. I think you'll fit in just fine. I am fairly new around here myself and I have had to limit my time because I could read on this website all day!

Holly
Go to Top of Page

blueroses
True Blue Farmgirl

1323 Posts

Debbie
in the Pandhandle of Idaho
USA
1323 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2006 :  10:58:24 AM  Show Profile
Hi Sarah,

Welcome. What kinds of things do you enjoy doing?

Debbie

"You cannot find peace...by avoiding life."
Virginia Woolfe
Go to Top of Page

MustangSuzie
True Blue Farmgirl

634 Posts

Sarah
New London Missouri
USA
634 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2006 :  12:46:14 PM  Show Profile  Send MustangSuzie a Yahoo! Message
I'm in the northeast part of Missouri near Hannibal or 100 miles up the river from St. Louis. My biggest passion these days seems to be finding ways to live a simple life. I love to be outdoors, digging in the garden, fishing, camping or just spending some quiet time with a sunset. Between working and the kids there isn't alot of free time so I treasure it when it comes.

Sarah
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2006 :  12:53:18 PM  Show Profile
Welcome Sarah!! It is so fun here..you will love it!! Sounds like you will fit right in!!! I am glad you are here!!

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

flowerchild
True Blue Farmgirl

52 Posts

Erica
Oregon
USA
52 Posts

Posted - Sep 30 2006 :  07:59:56 AM  Show Profile  Send flowerchild an AOL message
Hi Sarah- welcome to the group! I think you will enjoy being here as much as we will enjoy having you =)
Go to Top of Page

sunshine
True Blue Farmgirl

4877 Posts

Wendy
Utah
USA
4877 Posts

Posted - Sep 30 2006 :  08:11:49 AM  Show Profile  Send sunshine a Yahoo! Message
Hi Sarah welcom to the group I am sure you will fit right in. Lots of differnt people here with lots of differnt backgrounds but all are nice.

have a lovely day and may God bless you and keep you safe
my web store www.sunshines.etsy.com my other web store http://vintagethreads.etsy.com/
my blog http://sunshinescreations.blogspot.com/ my google page http://sunshine.harbaugh.googlepages.com/home
Go to Top of Page

Tina Michelle
True Blue Farmgirl

6948 Posts

Tina
sunshine state FL
USA
6948 Posts

Posted - Sep 30 2006 :  10:22:53 AM  Show Profile
welcome to the group Sarah!

~Seize the Day! Live, Love, Laugh~
Go to Top of Page

frannie
True Blue Farmgirl

2246 Posts

fran
bonham texas
USA
2246 Posts

Posted - Sep 30 2006 :  11:11:47 AM  Show Profile  Send frannie a Yahoo! Message
welcome to the farm,
these farmgirls are an amazing group of women and so supportive you wouldnt believe.
i have learned so much just reading the post and when i have asked for help on anything they are right there sharing their wisdom.
glad to have you here.

love
fran

(http://farmfolks-frannie.blogspot.com/)
Go to Top of Page

MustangSuzie
True Blue Farmgirl

634 Posts

Sarah
New London Missouri
USA
634 Posts

Posted - Sep 30 2006 :  12:10:32 PM  Show Profile  Send MustangSuzie a Yahoo! Message
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!
Go to Top of Page

Kelly43
True Blue Farmgirl

349 Posts

NJ
USA
349 Posts

Posted - Sep 30 2006 :  12:13:30 PM  Show Profile
Suzie, Welcome!! You will fit in so well around here. Do share your living simply ideas as I am very interested in that too!
Kel
Go to Top of Page

sugarsfarm
True Blue Farmgirl

272 Posts

Leah
Woodward Iowa
USA
272 Posts

Posted - Sep 30 2006 :  3:32:48 PM  Show Profile  Send sugarsfarm an AOL message
Hi Suzie from your neighbor to the north!!!

You must be the change you want to see in the world.
Mahatma Gandhi
Go to Top of Page

Buttercup
True Blue Farmgirl

1433 Posts

Talitha
Vermont
USA
1433 Posts

Posted - Sep 30 2006 :  6:27:29 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Buttercup's MSN Messenger address
Sarah,
Welcome and so glad you found us! I also am a mother of four...though am not single at this point in my life, I have been before and I understand. I wish you the very best as you find a perfect venture for your self and your family and I hope that you will be able to return to the life you love on the farm soon! I look forward to getting to know you as I see you around!
Hugz,
Talitha

"If we could maintain the wonder of childhood and at the same time grasp the wisdom of age, what wonder,what wisdom,what life would be ours"
Go to Top of Page

Libbie
Farmgirl Connection Cultivator

3579 Posts

Anne E.
Elsinore Utah
USA
3579 Posts

Posted - Sep 30 2006 :  10:28:54 PM  Show Profile
Hi, Sarah! Welcome! I'm so glad that a farmgirl like you found us - growing up on a farm, I'm sure you have tons of experiences to share... 'Can't wait to get to know you better! Enjoy!!!

XOXO, Libbie

"Nothing is worth more than this day." - Goethe
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Oct 01 2006 :  12:37:25 PM  Show Profile
hi sarah .. welcome to the farmyard! xo to you too, hollly! xo

True Friends, Frannie

CABIN CREEK FARM
KENTUCKY

Go to Top of Page

BarefootGoatGirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1495 Posts

Corrine
North Carolina
USA
1495 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2006 :  10:59:27 AM  Show Profile  Send BarefootGoatGirl a Yahoo! Message
Welcome, Sarah! I'm married to a MO boy and we hope to go back (if the Army ever gets finished with him). What beautiful country. I've already seen you on a few posts already, but thought I'd say an official "hello!"

Trina

'
Be thou diligent to know the state of thy flocks, and look well to thy herds. Proverbs 27:23
Go to Top of Page

MustangSuzie
True Blue Farmgirl

634 Posts

Sarah
New London Missouri
USA
634 Posts

Posted - Oct 03 2006 :  07:59:27 AM  Show Profile  Send MustangSuzie a Yahoo! Message
It is beautiful here. I used to think I wanted to get far away from here. But as the saying goes, the grass isn't greener on the other side. The few times that I have left I've always had a want to get back. I think the southern part is even prettier with the ozark mountains. I'm not sure where else you can get 80 degrees in the morning and drop 30 degrees by afternoon, which happens sometimes. But I love it.

Sarah
Go to Top of Page

farmgirlfriday
Farmgirl in Training

21 Posts

Brooke
Puryear TN
USA
21 Posts

Posted - Oct 03 2006 :  09:55:13 AM  Show Profile  Send farmgirlfriday an AOL message  Send farmgirlfriday a Yahoo! Message
Hello Sarah!
Welcome!
Brooke

"We cannot live only for ourselves. A thousand fibers connect us with our fellow men."
H. Melville
Go to Top of Page

katie-ell
True Blue Farmgirl

1818 Posts

Katie
Illinois
1818 Posts

Posted - Oct 03 2006 :  10:04:30 AM  Show Profile
Hi Sarah -- Welcome! I see you posted a topic about a Simple Christmas (was that the phrase you used?). Sure to generate some interest, as we all are turning our thoughts toward fall then winter holidays. Glad you jumped right in! I look forward to sharing with you.
Go to Top of Page
  **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic Howdy from Missouri Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page