Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Weather Report
 It's a beautiful crisp fall day
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Weather Report: Previous Topic It's a beautiful crisp fall day Next Topic  

knittingmom
True Blue Farmgirl

665 Posts

AnneMarie
Edmonton Alberta
Canada
665 Posts

Posted - Sep 03 2012 :  12:22:50 PM  Show Profile
It's a beautiful, crisp fall day here in Edmonton (ok really late summer but really I think of September as fall :) )

Perfect for a hot cup of tea and a sweater. The sun is shining and the leaves are beginning to turn. A bit of a blustery wind blowing but it's the kind of day that just wakes you up when you step outdoors.

Farmgirl Sister #3759

"There is no foot so small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world"

"The things that matter most are not really things after all"

SallyT
True Blue Farmgirl

108 Posts

Sarah
Buford Georgia
USA
108 Posts

Posted - Sep 03 2012 :  12:52:59 PM  Show Profile
Hoping some of that coolness comes to the South. Humid and hot here. Enjoy, fall is the best time of year.

Sarah

Warmth of Friendship Necessary for Life
Go to Top of Page

Dorinda
True Blue Farmgirl

1023 Posts

Dorinda
St. Cloud Florida
USA
1023 Posts

Posted - Sep 03 2012 :  7:22:02 PM  Show Profile
I found it a little more relaxing sitting on my front porch tonight. It was a little cooler and not so humid. Can't wait for a full blown fall day here. We did not get much of a winter here last year so it seems like its been such a long summer. I love the cooler air...

Seize The Day!
Dorinda
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6594 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6594 Posts

Posted - Sep 04 2012 :  09:20:15 AM  Show Profile
This sounds so wonderful to me down here in hot, humid Florida !! Enjoy the envigorating change!!
Go to Top of Page

Simple@heart
Farmgirl in Training

44 Posts

Andrea
Florida
USA
44 Posts

Posted - Sep 04 2012 :  09:26:21 AM  Show Profile
Hi AnneMarie! Sounds like a lovely day for you :) It is still pretty hot here in the south and I am ready for fall. Love the crisp air and throwing open the windows to let the breeze blow through the house!

~Andrea

Bloom where you are planted
Go to Top of Page

desperadosdream
True Blue Farmgirl

197 Posts

Malena
Versailles Indiana
USA
197 Posts

Posted - Sep 04 2012 :  12:29:57 PM  Show Profile
Should the cool weather ever come south from Canada. I'll let you know when it is heading your way. I am in SE Indiana so I ll give you some advance notice when to break out your long johns and beddibye sockies (that is what we call them in my house because everyone sleeps in big soft socks) except for by husband..he is a party pooper :)

Malena So far we are still extremely humid and hot.

Malena
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Sep 04 2012 :  3:23:49 PM  Show Profile
I heard on the local weather channel that we are supposed to have a cool front come in this weekend. Lows in the 60s. I sure hope that comes true!!!! I'm ready for cooler weather.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

texdane
Farmgirl Legend Chapter Leader Chapter Guru

4658 Posts

Nicole
Sandy Hook CT
USA
4658 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2012 :  1:47:06 PM  Show Profile
Maybe it will come our way soon! We have very humid weather, and I am already thinking fall decorating! Enjoy!

Nicole

Farmgirl Sister #1155
KNITTER, JAM-MAKER AND MOM EXTRAORDINAIRE
Chapter Leader, Connecticut Simpler Life Sisters

Suburban Farmgirl Blogger
http://sfgblog.maryjanesfarm.org/
Go to Top of Page

desperadosdream
True Blue Farmgirl

197 Posts

Malena
Versailles Indiana
USA
197 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2012 :  3:16:45 PM  Show Profile
Well we had fairly dark skies for a few hours..then the wind whipped up like nobody's business so I rush out with trash bags and bungees in hand to attempt to make a bit of a rain break for Gabriella and Isabella (my 11 yr old's bunnies that I normally take care of)because she is flipping out that her "beloved" babies will get soaking wet and then they will be cold and miserable! Oh no, crisis!

Are you serious? Its 97 degrees outside! Soaked I can see, but cold? Not so much. I myself am fully prepared to go running through the yard in my underwear dancing and prancing like I have scorpions in my drawers at the first drop of water to fall from these skies in sheer celebration. To have a decline in the temperature and humidity levels to me would be a marvel from above. To her though,rain on bunny fur is a very serious matter so off I go to save the poor dears.
Wind blows furiously, lawn chairs fly across the back yard, flotation devices fly out of the pool and whack me upside the head while I am rigging up the bunny hutch with trash bags....but mom perseveres we finish and hurry into the house just in the nick of time! For what you may ask? Zip,zilch, nada...nothing! Well maybe something...like 20 drops of water that all fell on my black vehicle...to make it nice and spotty and the bunnies? I'm sure that I heard them high five each other while laughing hysterically at the looney old chic that came to entertain them and break the bunny boredom for the day. Ugh!
Oh cooler, fall weather with moisture abounding, wherefore art thou?

Malena
Go to Top of Page
  Weather Report: Previous Topic It's a beautiful crisp fall day Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page