Author **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic HI from Wisconsin Next Topic  

Katlady93
True Blue Farmgirl

361 Posts

Charlotte
Denmark SC
USA
361 Posts

Posted - Sep 03 2012 :  06:35:59 AM  Show Profile  Send Katlady93 a Yahoo! Message
Hello everyone.
i live in Southern Wisconsin (now) with my DH, two bratty dogs, and several cats who very graciously allow us to share their domicile. in fact, Mira is helping me write this.
we have a very small place out in the country that we love. i love to do all the stuff that goes wiht it : cooking, sewing, gardening. i love it all.
glad i found this place, full of like minded folks. hope to learn and share a lot.

i am especially interested in anyone's ideas on how to begin and stick to a heart healthy food plan. thanks
Char

Some dreams are worth the risk it takes to make them real.

kysheeplady
True Blue Farmgirl

1291 Posts

Teri
KY
USA
1291 Posts

Posted - Sep 03 2012 :  06:54:11 AM  Show Profile
Welcome Char,
Enjoy your time here. I'm sure someone will point you in the right direction of healthy food planning!

Teri

"There are black sheep in every flock"

White Sheep Farm
www.whitesheepfarm.com
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Sep 03 2012 :  08:51:12 AM  Show Profile
Welcome Charlotte!
I love what you said about your cats, "several cats who very graciously allow us to share their domicile". I know exactly what you mean. My cats know they own me!
Enjoy your time with us.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Sep 03 2012 :  10:33:51 AM  Show Profile
Welcome Charlotte!!!! I am sure you will fit right in here. Looking forward to getting to know you better.

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

http://hardatworkcrafts.blogspot.com

http://Jan49829.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Fiddlehead Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

4562 Posts

Diane
Waupaca WI
USA
4562 Posts

Posted - Sep 03 2012 :  11:49:53 AM  Show Profile
Welcome Charlotte, we are so glad you joined us! I live in Janesville, not too far from you. I am thinking about starting a Hen House so watch for posts about it later.

http://studiodiphotosite.shutterfly.com/
farmgirl sister #922

I am trying to be the person my dogs think I am.

I get up every morning determined to both change the world and have one hell of a good time. Sometimes this makes planning my day difficult.
- E. B. White
Go to Top of Page

Simple@heart
Farmgirl in Training

44 Posts

Andrea
Florida
USA
44 Posts

Posted - Sep 03 2012 :  1:14:03 PM  Show Profile
Hi Char and welcome :) I too am interested in healthy eating. A great place to start is to build your meals around as many whole foods as possible and limit boxed mixes. If you like trying new recipes Ellie Krieger has some great, healthy options and you can find a lot of her recipes online. I'd be happy to swap recipes and tips with you!

~Andrea

Bloom where you are planted
Go to Top of Page

Katlady93
True Blue Farmgirl

361 Posts

Charlotte
Denmark SC
USA
361 Posts

Posted - Sep 03 2012 :  6:46:20 PM  Show Profile  Send Katlady93 a Yahoo! Message
Thanks everyone for the welcome.
i actually spent the day outside sorting pots and gardening tools and other various assorted things that were in my gardening shed. i got rid of a lot of clutter. yeah.
and fixed a nice healthy supper. this healthy cooking takes planning. not my strong suit

Go to Top of Page

Annette Kath
True Blue Farmgirl

198 Posts

Annette
Carlock IL
USA
198 Posts

Posted - Sep 03 2012 :  9:13:29 PM  Show Profile
Hello and welcome Char! Hope you enjoy your time with us!

Annette
Go to Top of Page

shanda
True Blue Farmgirl

522 Posts

Shanda
Broken Bow OK
USA
522 Posts

Posted - Sep 04 2012 :  04:52:47 AM  Show Profile
Welcome! I have been researching healthy foods for awhile, but mostly on the subject of PH balance. Amazing stuff, there is so much to learn about our food....we can't just keep throwing something on our plate! I'd love to hear anything you have to share, knowlegde is power!

Shanda

Farmgirl #4233
Go to Top of Page

JayBaby
Farmgirl at Heart

8 Posts

Jaynelle
Oregon Missouri
USA
8 Posts

Posted - Sep 04 2012 :  6:31:23 PM  Show Profile
Hello! Welcome to the group :)

Jay :) Proud FarmGirl Sister #4459

http://outlaw7acres.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

Katlady93
True Blue Farmgirl

361 Posts

Charlotte
Denmark SC
USA
361 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2012 :  04:40:48 AM  Show Profile  Send Katlady93 a Yahoo! Message
i picked up a book on whole foods at the library's used book sale for fifty cents. some info is out of date, but lots of good basic info.

shanda-i agree, when you start thinking about what you eat and what you need to eat, it can get overwhelming. but the more i learn the better our meals will be.

Go to Top of Page

Katlady93
True Blue Farmgirl

361 Posts

Charlotte
Denmark SC
USA
361 Posts

Posted - Sep 25 2012 :  4:56:09 PM  Show Profile  Send Katlady93 a Yahoo! Message
quote:
Originally posted by Fiddlehead Farm

Welcome Charlotte, we are so glad you joined us! I live in Janesville, not too far from you. I am thinking about starting a Hen House so watch for posts about it later.

http://studiodiphotosite.shutterfly.com/
farmgirl sister #922

I am trying to be the person my dogs think I am.

I get up every morning determined to both change the world and have one hell of a good time. Sometimes this makes planning my day difficult.
- E. B. White

Go to Top of Page

Linengal
Farmgirl in Training

12 Posts

ERIKA
Lanexa VA
USA
12 Posts

Posted - Sep 25 2012 :  6:18:28 PM  Show Profile
Welcome! Glad to have you here!
My suggestion for healthy food planning is to consider vegan foods. Unless you chow down on peanut butter and coconut oil, a vegan diet is healthful and good for the heart. The VRG (Vegetarian Resource Group) at vrg.org has lots of free recipes and resources, as well as books of recipes for time-crunched folks. E-mail me if you want more info! Lots of luck! Please share your successes with us!

Love, Erika (linengal)
Go to Top of Page
  **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic HI from Wisconsin Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page