Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Garden Gate
 Very Disappointed (but getting over it fast)
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Garden Gate: Previous Topic Very Disappointed (but getting over it fast) Next Topic
Page: of 3

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Oct 05 2012 :  06:01:16 AM  Show Profile
My fingers and arms are ruined! They itch so bad. I need to get some of those thin plastic gloves and wear long sleeves now to pick turnip greens. They just kill me! My arms are all red and rashy and so itchy. I hate picking turnip greens but I love them! Green beans and okra do the same thing to me. And my legs too, since I wear shorts to pick. But not anymore. Long sleeves and gloves from now on.

I get to bring my soap to market tomorrow! There are 2 or 3 others that have been there all summer that sell soap, but usually one is there all the time. So I just got an email saying the other one won't be there so I could bring mine. I have been making more soap every week, getting ready for the Holiday Market in Dec. I love making soap. It's always a guessing game to see if it turned out and hardened. Yesterday, I used a plastic container that had cinnamon rolls in it. NOT a good idea to pour hot lye soap into a thin cheap plastic container for a mold. When I checked on it last night, it had came out of the melted mold, but was hard. So I will have some rustic Pumpkin SPice soap. Ya live and learn, right?

Kris

Happiness is simple.

www.kris-outbackfarm.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2012 :  4:32:31 PM  Show Profile
http://kris-outbackfarm.blogspot.com/2012/10/market-day-and-its-cold.html

Here's my market day update for yesterday. It's so fun! I love it there so much.

Kris

Happiness is simple.

www.kris-outbackfarm.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Marigold
Farmgirl in Training

38 Posts

Marigold
Chicago IL
USA
38 Posts

Posted - Oct 30 2012 :  3:42:15 PM  Show Profile
Have you looked into selling to a local co-op grocery type store? You could look to sell your soap online at places like etsy.com as well. I have a friend who sells there. http://gonudesoap.com/
Go to Top of Page

Dorinda
True Blue Farmgirl

1023 Posts

Dorinda
St. Cloud Florida
USA
1023 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2012 :  5:09:10 PM  Show Profile
Hey Kris, I have not been on in a while. I see things are looking better for you. I am so happy to hear that. Keep up the good work. Spring will be here before you know it and your garden will be blooming big time.

Seize The Day!
Dorinda
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Garden Gate: Previous Topic Very Disappointed (but getting over it fast) Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page