Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 Needlepoint Patterns
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Needlepoint Patterns Next Topic  

Lorie.Vance
True Blue Farmgirl

200 Posts

Lorie
Tampa FL
200 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2012 :  12:44:48 PM  Show Profile
Hi Everyone! I have been looking for chicken needlepoint patterns or kits that can be framed or made into throw pillows. I found a really unique one (see pic below), but they want $200.00 for this kit. Anyone have a source or does anyone do this for a living (transfer pictures to canvas for either needlepoint, cross-stitch, or embroidery?

Lorie

Dorinda
True Blue Farmgirl

1023 Posts

Dorinda
St. Cloud Florida
USA
1023 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2012 :  3:03:21 PM  Show Profile
Wow Lorie I love that. I would like to needle point that also. Where did you find this? Was it on a web site? If so I would like to take a look at it and see if I could fiqure something out.

Seize The Day!
Dorinda
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2012 :  3:21:52 PM  Show Profile
My goodness, $200.!!!! I'd find a way to do that without paying that much money. Hopefully Dorinda can figure something out. It is a beautiful pattern.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

Lorie.Vance
True Blue Farmgirl

200 Posts

Lorie
Tampa FL
200 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2012 :  4:11:16 PM  Show Profile
Hi Dorinda and Marly! If either of you can find a way to make this let me know. I love the needle work on these pics. Check it out at this link-

http://www.needlepoint.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=Chicken

Lorie
Go to Top of Page

Dorinda
True Blue Farmgirl

1023 Posts

Dorinda
St. Cloud Florida
USA
1023 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2012 :  5:27:09 PM  Show Profile
Okay Lorie, I down loaded the picture. Went to my downloads and opened it in my photo viewer. This way you can size it to a whole page and print it off. Now you can take that to an office supply store and they should be able to enlarge it even bigger if you want it bigger than a full page. You can take an iron on transfer pen and trace over it then iron it on to your canvas or material.
It would be time consuming and very tedious work but it could be done. We have a staples here and they can do all kinds of enlargements. They might would even pull it up on there computer for an extra fee and print it off that way for you. I noticed that the lighter color back ground printed off much clearer than the dark back ground one. Hope this helps you. They might even have some type of transfer paper that they can print it off on. The younger kids that work at these stores are far much more knowledgeable when it comes to all that fancy computer paper and stuff. I think all the feathers would be pretty embroidered and the beak and eye. But I think for the red head you should use fabric paint if you are transfering it on to material to make a pillow. I have made a few items using embroidery and fabric paint together and it always looked nice like that. Good luck with it.

Seize The Day!
Dorinda
Go to Top of Page

Lorie.Vance
True Blue Farmgirl

200 Posts

Lorie
Tampa FL
200 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2012 :  5:33:37 PM  Show Profile
Dorinda, you're awesome!! I'm gonna do this tomorrow. If it works I'll let you know. Do you want me to make you one too? I should probably stop off at michaels to see if they have canvas for needlepoint first. I'd like to make one dark and light as pillows for my porch. Thanks again.

Lorie
Go to Top of Page

Dorinda
True Blue Farmgirl

1023 Posts

Dorinda
St. Cloud Florida
USA
1023 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2012 :  5:47:13 PM  Show Profile
Lorie yes let me know if it works. But no you do not have to make me one. If you make the pillows I would love to see a picture of them when you are done. I have so many projects started right now I would not have time to make them. Hope it turns out good for you.

Seize The Day!
Dorinda
Go to Top of Page

Lorie.Vance
True Blue Farmgirl

200 Posts

Lorie
Tampa FL
200 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2012 :  5:54:54 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Dorinda! I'll let you know if it transfers well, and of course I'll post a pic when done. If you decide you want the pattern for a future project let me know. I plan to keep an extra or two if it works. Great gift for a fellow chicken lover!

Lorie
Go to Top of Page

Dorinda
True Blue Farmgirl

1023 Posts

Dorinda
St. Cloud Florida
USA
1023 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2012 :  6:22:00 PM  Show Profile
Okay Lorie I will keep that in mind.

Seize The Day!