AliciaNak
True Blue Farmgirl

405 Posts

Alicia
Elko Nevada
USA
405 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2012 :  08:29:59 AM  Show Profile
I'm juicing the first batch of grapes (from 80 lbs. that my parents picked for me) to make jelly. Jelly goes quick in this house!

Alicia
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.~Ralph Waldo Emmerson
www.blondenak.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

pinokeeo
True Blue Farmgirl

559 Posts

Phyllis
Oregon
USA
559 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2012 :  08:44:42 AM  Show Profile
36 jars of applebutter, 22 jars of applesauce. I still have apples, but only a few jars left. has anyone ever frozen applesauce? Is it still good when it thaws out?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I cannot master those things that I have not tried.

check out my artfire: http://www.artfire.com/users/PiNOKEEOs
Go to Top of Page

LNsGirl
Farmgirl at Heart

3 Posts

Debbie
Hawkins TX
USA
3 Posts

Posted - Nov 16 2012 :  2:26:42 PM  Show Profile
Unfortunately we didn't get a garden in this year, but hope to next year. Luckily we have some left over from the last year's canning. I love canning! I am waiting anxiously for chicken or ground beef to go on sale so I can can some meats. I have lots of green beans, corn, peas, peas and carrots, and I don't know what all already canned. I did can some roast beef this year.

I do have a question for all of you canners, well, actually 2. Number 1. Have any of you ever tried canning rice or dried beans? My husband is wanting to can them dry in a water bath canner. I don't know if it will work or not. Number 2. Have any of you ever canned butter? I found a recipe on the net on how to do it and am wanting to can some soon. We don't use a whole lot of butter, but I still think it would be great to have on hand!

Living in the wrong century!

LNsGirl
Go to Top of Page

AliciaNak
True Blue Farmgirl

405 Posts

Alicia
Elko Nevada
USA
405 Posts

Posted - Nov 16 2012 :  4:48:35 PM  Show Profile
Debbie,
I came across an article in Countryside magazine about dry canning, in your oven, for things like dried beans, flours and rice. Send me a message and I can send you more info. =)

Alicia
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.~Ralph Waldo Emmerson
www.blondenak.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic What are you canning this week? Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page