Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 Inherited my cousins embroidery threads!!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Inherited my cousins embroidery threads!! Next Topic  

Dorinda
True Blue Farmgirl

1023 Posts

Dorinda
St. Cloud Florida
USA
1023 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2012 :  5:26:45 PM  Show Profile
So one of my husbands cousin passed away a few years ago. She was such a sweet heart and did wonderful embroidery. She was such an organizer also. Her Mother whom misses her dearly was here visiting a while back and she brought over to me all of Carolyns embroidery threads. She told me she wanted me to have them. I was so thrilled. Her daughter Carolyn had wrapped all of the threads around white little cardboard cut outs and put there numbers at the top of each one and then had them in numerical order in nice plastic organizers. What a wonderful gift. Thank You Carolyn for your treasured Threads and Thank You for introducing me to Herrschners. Those who sew I am sure knows this company Herrschners..
Every time I get a magazine in the mail I think of her....She was full of humor and laughter I miss our conversations together...

Seize The Day!
Dorinda

ptroupe
True Blue Farmgirl

1752 Posts

Portia
Johnson City NY
USA
1752 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2012 :  8:52:12 PM  Show Profile
Dorinda,

What a wonderful gift! Not only does it remind you of Carolyn and her sweetness but of all the hard work in organizing those. I know how time-consuming that was because I have done it myself. Have fun with all your thread.

Portia

Wishing for the country life!
Go to Top of Page

erowease
True Blue Farmgirl

294 Posts

Lesley
Edmonds wa
USA
294 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2012 :  8:05:01 PM  Show Profile
What a wonderful gift and a good way to remember someone. Whenever you do some stitching it will be a way of honoring what she brought into your life.

Lesley
"I see God in the eyes of every child...every life is precious to God, whatever the circumstances." Mother Teresa
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2012 :  8:27:21 PM  Show Profile
What a wonderful gift. The memory of your cousin will always be with you when you embroidery.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2012 :  06:56:42 AM  Show Profile
Great gift. And good embroidery thread is a treasure. The company I worked for years ago had cross-stitch kits in Herrschner's catalogue, and that name brought back many memories! What a blessing you had from such a wonderful family member.

www.blueskyjeannie.blogspot.com

Psalm 51: 10-13

Edited by - jpbluesky on Aug 13 2012 06:57:12 AM
Go to Top of Page

FebruaryViolet
True Blue Farmgirl

4810 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4810 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2012 :  07:02:51 AM  Show Profile
That's a great way to remember someone, and a wonderful way to ensure her legacy will always continue, each and every time you make something with her threads.

"Hey, I've got nothing to do today but smile..."
The Only Living Boy in New York, Paul Simon
Go to Top of Page

delicia
True Blue Farmgirl

917 Posts

delicia
cincinnati ohio
USA
917 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2012 :  5:44:37 PM  Show Profile
What a thoughtful gift. I have quilts that my Mammaw made and when I wrap up in one it feels like she is hugging me. I know that you will honor her memory with those embroidery threads.
Go to Top of Page
  Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Inherited my cousins embroidery threads!! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page