Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Parenting & Farm Kids
 Something to Make You Smile
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Parenting & Farm Kids: Previous Topic Something to Make You Smile Next Topic  

soapmommy60543
True Blue Farmgirl

2197 Posts

Ann
Oswego IL
USA
2197 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2012 :  11:32:46 AM  Show Profile
Bubba, age 13, went to the orthodontist today to get his braces. On the way home, his comment about his new metallic smile was this:

"I wonder what would happen if I hooked 2 wires and a battery up to these things"

Wife of terrific hubby and mom to 2 teenagers, 2 bunnies, 2 geriatric goldfish, and the best dog in the world!

Check out my blog: http://www.suburbanprairiehomemaker.com
and follow me on Facebook (Suburban Prairie Homemaker), Twitter (@sphomemaker), and Pinterest (Suburban Prairie Homemaker)

farmmilkmama
True Blue Farmgirl

2027 Posts

Amy
Central MN
USA
2027 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2012 :  12:14:34 PM  Show Profile
Niiiiice! That's what my darlings would have said. :) How long does he wear his for? My oldest wore his for a year and just got them off a couple weeks ago.

--* FarmMilkMama *--

Farmgirl Sister #1086

Be yourself.
Everyone else is already taken.
-Oscar Wilde

www.farmfoodmama.blogspot.com

www.thehmmmschoolingmom.blogspot.com

www.amydingmann.com
Go to Top of Page

erowease
True Blue Farmgirl

294 Posts

Lesley
Edmonds wa
USA
294 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2012 :  3:44:46 PM  Show Profile
Watch out he might just try it! ha ha ha Isn't it great when you realize your child has an imagination and asks the what if questions?

Lesley
"I see God in the eyes of every child...every life is precious to God, whatever the circumstances." Mother Teresa
Go to Top of Page

alterationsbyemily
True Blue Farmgirl

686 Posts

Emily
Thomasville PA
USA
686 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2012 :  5:52:35 PM  Show Profile
Depending the strength of the battery it can give you a fair jolt. I would not recommend it esp. a 9 volt.

I learned this firsthand many years ago.

---
Farmgirl #2951
No longer renting, offical farmgirl.
Check out my new blog at http://simpileeliving.blogspot.com/
And my new Etsy listings http://www.etsy.com/shop/alterationsbyemily
Go to Top of Page

soapmommy60543
True Blue Farmgirl

2197 Posts

Ann
Oswego IL
USA
2197 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2012 :  06:17:27 AM  Show Profile
Amy - it looks like 2 years. Plus our ortho wants him to have a retainer until he's done growing, which is roughly age 21. He's not too happy about that.
Emily & Lesley - When I told Hubby what Bubba had said, he informed me that he and his brothers had indeed tried it. Once. Did I mention that this same man is an honors graduate from the University of Illinois?

So here's the even funnier second part of the story...

Posted it on Facebook yesterday. The mom of one of Bubba's friends told her son. Bubba's friend suggested that they run one wire from the battery to Friend's mouth, one from Friend's mouth to Bubba's mouth, and a third from Bubba's mouth to the battery. "We could make a full circuit!"

This is why I have so many gray hairs!

Wife of terrific hubby and mom to 2 teenagers, 2 bunnies, 2 geriatric goldfish, and the best dog in the world!

Check out my blog: http://www.suburbanprairiehomemaker.com
and follow me on Facebook (Suburban Prairie Homemaker), Twitter (@sphomemaker), and Pinterest (Suburban Prairie Homemaker)

Go to Top of Page

FebruaryViolet
True Blue Farmgirl

4810 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4810 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2012 :  06:25:48 AM  Show Profile
That's too cute. At least he was in good spirits about the orthodontics. I don't think I smiled for months, honestly, after I'd gotten mine on.

It's also hilarious to me that "boys" will do just about anything, including electrifying their mouths! We have two law clerks, one female, one male--the female had her new apartment broken into 2 weeks ago after she'd just left for work (nothing was taken, the burglar was scared away somehow) but she was on edge, so our receptionist, who loves guns and weapons of all kinds (that's right, don't come in to our office and mouth off!!!!) gave her a "ladies size stun gun" so she might feel safer. At some point in the afternoon, I hear this fierce giggling in the law library and I go in to see our male law clerk lying on the floor, red faced, but laughing, holding his arm and saying, "ow, ow, ow!!!" Yep, he wanted to try it, tried it and that's how it left him. After we ruthlessly made fun of him for hours, he then tried to get one of us to shoot him in the chest with it. And this boy will be taking the Bar exam in a few months...

Boys will be boys!!!!!!

"Hey, I've got nothing to do today but smile..."
The Only Living Boy in New York, Paul Simon
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2012 :  2:53:22 PM  Show Profile
Too funny! BOYS! Gotta love 'em! Hugs - Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

Go to Top of Page
  Parenting & Farm Kids: Previous Topic Something to Make You Smile Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page