Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Garden Gate
 My New Garden Shed (More pictures, pg 2)
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Garden Gate: Previous Topic My New Garden Shed (More pictures, pg 2) Next Topic
Page: of 2

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2012 :  4:31:29 PM  Show Profile

My friend Kenneth came today about 1 and helped me put up the sheep shed. We have it all done except screwing on the metal roof. He'll come back tomorrow and we'll finish it up. I have to go to Ace and get some flashing and a few other things. Then the sheep shelter is done. Later in the fall I'll add sides for more protection aginast the cold. This took about 5 1/2 hours to do this 8x12 shelter. With no breaks. We work really well together. We both like to just get er done! And we do. I hope he'll want to do the other side next!

Kris

Happiness is simple.

www.kris-outbackfarm.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2012 :  5:07:55 PM  Show Profile
Oh, Kris, looks so nice!!!!! The sheep will be happy. I love seeing the pictures! You must be tired.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2012 :  12:06:50 PM  Show Profile
http://kris-outbackfarm.blogspot.com/

Here is the lean to side of my new garden shed, if anyone is interested in looking. I am loving this already! It will make gardening SO much easier.

Kris

Happiness is simple.

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2012 :  5:11:15 PM  Show Profile
I love it, Kris. You must be happy about how it came out. Nice, nice.
Enjoy!
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2012 :  3:48:32 PM  Show Profile
I just got the screwa in the roof so it won't blow away now, I hope. That's pretty darn scary up there! I almost fell once. I hate anything higher than the 3rd step and I was on the 5th. Yikes! And alone too. But it's done. all except a few I couldn't reach. I need a plumber now!

I am taking a break from getting 84 bales of hay in the barn now. And a truckload of wood. I am p[ooped and only halfway done with the hay. This will put me at around 175-180 bales for the winter. And a good start on some free firewood. I love free. Sure wish I had a man around now. He always leaves when there's work to do around here.

Kris

Happiness is simple.

Go to Top of Page

JerseyGirl
True Blue Farmgirl

181 Posts

Michele
Southern NJ
USA
181 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2012 :  02:52:31 AM  Show Profile
Perfect spot for it, Kris! Love it!
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2012 :  07:39:05 AM  Show Profile
I do too, Michele. It is so handy to have everything I'll need for gardening right there in the garden of all places! I still need to do lots more inside the shed, like shelves and a work table. And curtains in the window and a window box for flowers outside. I want a little porch too.

Kris

Happiness is simple.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Garden Gate: Previous Topic My New Garden Shed (More pictures, pg 2) Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page