Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Fabulous Farm Collectibles
 Marketplace
 For Sale: Two Vintage Farmgirl Dresses
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Marketplace: Previous Topic For Sale: Two Vintage Farmgirl Dresses Next Topic  

HepKitten
True Blue Farmgirl

103 Posts

Kristen
Augusta MI
USA
103 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2012 :  05:52:37 AM  Show Profile
The first dress is a lovely, 1930's style. It is handmade, and I got it from a talented seamstress in Germany. She used a modern, stretchy, bouncy fabric (it's very comfortable) and embellished it with a white ribbon around the waist (sorry about the crooked bow in the pic!), a white, pleated ruffle collar, and antique-looking buttons on the little puff sleeves.

There is no size, but it is small and fit me like a 6 or so. I took these measurements with the dress lying flat:

Sleeve opening: 5"
Bust: 14"
Back of neck to hem: 36"

I'm asking $20 for this dress, plus $4 for shipping.

The other dress is true vintage, not repro, and the style looks 1950's/early 1960's to me. It's a great color combo of tan and red, with neat detailing like the pintucking on the front, lots of red bias tape binding, pockets, and tiny round plastic buttons. The skirt also bells out a bit more than it shows and would look cute with a floucy slip/petticoat underneath to give it shape.

The tag says it's a size 12, but vintage sizing is different than modern, so here are measurements, taken with dress lying flat:

Waist: 14" (with a little stretch)
Bust: 18"
Arm openings: 7.5"
Neck to Shoulder: 7.5"
Waist to hem: 25.6"
Neck to hem (back): 17"

I'm asking $20 for this dress, plus $4 for shipping.

Thanks for looking! :)

Kristen - Farmgirl Sister #3858
www.farmgirlsister.blogspot.com
www.rustymoonhomestead.blogspot.com

22angel
True Blue Farmgirl

498 Posts

Pam
Manitoba
Canada
498 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2012 :  4:31:27 PM  Show Profile
Oh I like that blue one! Too bad it's a size 6 and I'm.....not! Both are lovely dresses!

Life isn't about finding yourself. It's about creating yourself.

"When I grow up, I want to be dirt." seen on a box through construction in Wyoming 2010
Go to Top of Page

HepKitten
True Blue Farmgirl

103 Posts

Kristen
Augusta MI
USA
103 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2012 :  04:16:08 AM  Show Profile
Thank you, Pam, that's my favorite, too! I should have said in the description "It fit me like a size six... before I had my most recent baby." :)

Kristen - Farmgirl Sister #3858
www.farmgirlsister.blogspot.com
www.rustymoonhomestead.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page
  Marketplace: Previous Topic For Sale: Two Vintage Farmgirl Dresses Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page