Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Magazine: Call for Entries
 Keeping in Touch
 Collecting 1920's sheet music and
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Keeping in Touch: Previous Topic Collecting 1920's sheet music and Next Topic  

knitnpickinatune
True Blue Farmgirl

1140 Posts

Sherrie
Gardena California
USA
1140 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2012 :  3:58:10 PM  Show Profile
vintage folk instruments-I've restored an old tenor banjo I picked up for $20,repaired a couple of collectable ukuleles that are vintage,and am awaiting two autoharps-one to keep and play-one to restore and hopefully sell. I also have a 1940's old time f hole archtop guitar similar to the one Maybelle Carter played. I also have a number of 1920's sheet music pieces and fiddle tutorials...... and I do run an online folk music store (recently self employed-took the leap!!) Being a musician doesn't have to be expensive nor do you have to have a new modern "city slicker" instrument.

http://www.mandolinbabe.biz

@MandolinChick on Twitter
mando pickin,uke strummin,banjo pickin, & fiddle sawin' Farmgirl #702

Ga Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2355 Posts

Karen
Meansville Ga.
USA
2355 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2012 :  5:24:57 PM  Show Profile
Sherrie, I have an antique store and just picked up a bunch of old sheet music, don't know years but would you be interested in them? If so I can ck years. Let me know. Blessings, Karen

Create in me a pure heart,O God and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Psalms 51:10

Farmgirl sister #1156
www.KKJD1.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

knitnpickinatune
True Blue Farmgirl

1140 Posts

Sherrie
Gardena California
USA
1140 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2012 :  11:26:39 AM  Show Profile
Hi GaGirl!
Sheet music from the 1920's as a rule for tenor banjo,ukulele,or vintage cowboy songbooks like from Roy Rogers or other singing "rangers" of the day. I also collect vintage cowgirl jewelry- bolo ties,pins,charms,that sort of thing. And autoharp stuff,including the instrument itself,even if it needs a tad of TLC. (include ukuleles in that providing they're in not too bad of shape)

http://www.mandolinbabe.biz

@MandolinChick on Twitter
mando pickin,uke strummin,banjo pickin, & fiddle sawin' Farmgirl #702
Go to Top of Page
  Keeping in Touch: Previous Topic Collecting 1920's sheet music and Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page