Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up
 As if we haven't had enough excitement this week..
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic As if we haven't had enough excitement this week.. Next Topic  

clothedinscarlet
True Blue Farmgirl

1333 Posts

Siobhan
Battle Creek MI
USA
1333 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2012 :  02:11:20 AM  Show Profile
I wish I could say this was a good news excitement like buying our home and finding out we were having another boy this week, but this was not that kinda exciting and I'm asking for prayer for my family. We were all involved in a near fatal car accident last night and, praised the Lord, all five of us walked away from the crash.

We were traveling west bound on the interstate at 70 miles an hour and it had just started raining, when a semi trailer jack-knifed coming off an entrance ramp from a perpendicular highway. We saw it happening, but before we knew it the trailer was careening across the median of the entrance ramp and right into our pathway in the westbound lanes. The entire trailer was coming right at us and filled both lanes in front of us. In an effort to not hit it head on my husband veered toward the median between east and west bound and at that moment the trailer smashed into my son and I on the passenger side and sent our minivan flipping into the ditch in the median. We landed on the passenger side and were all hanging in our seatbelts. I grabbed my phone and tried to call 911, but my phone has not been working for a couple of weeks, so the operator couldn't hear me screaming for help :/ time to get a new phone. Anyways, we managed to get ourselves unbuckled and grabbed our kiddos out of their seats and pull them out of the back of the van (I still don't know how we got out...was the back hatch open?) Just then, the fire department was already there securing me in a neck brace and back board and checking over my other son who was behind me. The other two were completely unharmed and my husband only had a couple small scratches on his arm. I could feel an ache in my back (they think it's a bruised kidney) and stinging in my leg (cuts and bruises everywhere), but other than that I was most worried if my 20 week old baby was OK. Mr. Activity was not moving the whole time I was laying on the ground. Thankfully, he must have been sleeping through the whole thing because he definitely woke up later and let me know he was still doing well. They also did an ultrasound in the ER to check him out.

Anyways, we are all VERY sore right now since the adrenaline has worn off. We have a chiropractic appointment first thing in the morning, but I would appreciate all your prayers for continued healing and definitely send some praises up to our Fathful, protecting Father! We were told by polices and witnesses that we shouldn't have walked away from this accident. They said we were lucky. I say we're we're blessed and surrounded by some of Gids most powerful angels.

Oh...and we later found out that the driver had been telling her trucking company that the rear tires were going bald and they did nothing about it. So all you truck drivers out there (I know there are a few on here), please insist on things like this, even if your companies think its not a big deal at the moment and can wait. I can mean the difference between life and death for a family in a minivan, or even someone else in a little car that would have seen even more damage than we did.

Farmgirl Sister #1110
Siobhan - AKA Liza-Jane (my farmgirl name), wife to my best friend, Trent, and mommy to Camden (11/28/05) and Bennett (7/11/07). and Truman (7/28/09)

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
The Beautiful Pacific NW Washington State
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2012 :  03:39:40 AM  Show Profile
So glad that it turned out so well. What a day. hope your soreness subsides quickly.
Marianne
Go to Top of Page

Ga Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2355 Posts

Karen
Meansville Ga.
USA
2355 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2012 :  04:26:06 AM  Show Profile
Oh wow so thankful y'all are ok! Will surely keep you all in prayer , thanking and praising God for his protection for each of you as well. Blessings, Karen

Create in me a pure heart,O God and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Psalms 51:10

Farmgirl sister #1156
www.KKJD1.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2012 :  04:54:01 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Oh Wow! I am so thankful that your family is doing well and all survived the crash! Just a note from someone who has been in enough car crashes to last her lifetime (Not my fault! Seriously!! I have not been in an at-fault crash in years...anyway) Make sure you get everything documented and if you even have muscle soreness- you need to have it checked by the doctor. I had a car wreck were a guy ran a red light in town at about 60 0r 70- I had microfractures in my elbows which was painful but only when I put pressure on them(like picking up Nora). Anyway- when it all was said and done they had to pay me for damage to my car and body. I know it doesn't make the accident go away and I don't want to sound like I was money grubbing or anything but sometimes the accident money can be used for good purpose in your life. We used ours to get out of a bad neighborhood and just 2 weeks after we moved a gang fight literally broke out in our old backyard/alley. So sometimes bad stuff like car accidents can be the vehicle of God's change. (Sorry...pun really not intended...5 am here and brain not giving me a good alternative! :) )

So so so glad you are all okay. Please rest and relax and I will too be saying prayers of thanks!!!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wff7Xpc/]

[/url]
Go to Top of Page

momshopsalotta
True Blue Farmgirl

232 Posts

Connie
Hertford NC
USA
232 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2012 :  05:06:09 AM  Show Profile
See a layer right away and put a potential claim against the trucking company. Make sure you keep excellent records of everything. Not to seem moneyhungry but sometimes things don't show up right away and its very hard to initiate a claim appreciably after the fact. At see a lawyer for your families protection. Glod bless and many thanks you are all stilll with us.
Go to Top of Page

shanda
True Blue Farmgirl

522 Posts

Shanda
Broken Bow OK
USA
522 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2012 :  05:12:25 AM  Show Profile
How scary! You've got some powerful Angels around ya! Praising God for your families health!

Shanda

Farmgirl #4233
Go to Top of Page

rphelps4
True Blue Farmgirl

620 Posts

roxanna
westport indiana
USA
620 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2012 :  06:29:26 AM  Show Profile  Send rphelps4 a Yahoo! Message
Thank God, your angels were working hard to protect you an your family!
Go to Top of Page

Fiddlehead Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

4562 Posts

Diane
Waupaca WI
USA
4562 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2012 :  07:05:20 AM  Show Profile
Siobhan,
Sounds like you had some pretty amazing angels riding shotgun. I praise the Lord you are all safe! Vehicles can be replaced. I know you have a lot on your plate right now with the new house and all, but please take it easy for a bit and heal.

http://studiodiphotosite.shutterfly.com/
farmgirl sister #922

I am trying to be the person my dogs think I am.

I get up every morning determined to both change the world and have one hell of a good time. Sometimes this makes planning my day difficult.
- E. B. White
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2012 :  07:13:20 AM  Show Profile
Siobhan, I'm glad everyone is okay. I'll keep you in my prayers today.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

Sabrena Orr
True Blue Farmgirl

198 Posts

Sabrena
Olympia WA
USA
198 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2012 :  08:03:26 AM  Show Profile
Thanks to God that all of you were okay and walked away with minor injuries. Prayers to all of you!

Sabrena, Olympia
Go to Top of Page

queenmushroom
True Blue Farmgirl

985 Posts

Lorena
Centerville Me
USA
985 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2012 :  08:07:50 AM  Show Profile
Praise the Lord that you and your family were not killed. God was definately with you on this one. Prayers goes out to your and yours for healing.

Patience is worth a bushel of brains...from a chinese fortune cookie
Go to Top of Page

clothedinscarlet
True Blue Farmgirl

1333 Posts

Siobhan
Battle Creek MI
USA
1333 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2012 :  10:36:36 AM  Show Profile
Well, after being on the phone with insurance and one lawyer today I don't think that we are going to get much help in this accident, even though we were 0% at fault. See, we live in Michigan which has no-fault insurance, so the only thing (it seems) our insurance company can claim from the other company is the deductible on the vehicle. Which means our insurance has to pay for all of our medical and damage unless there was seriously bodily injury. I am praising God that we don't have any serious bodily injuries because no amount of compensation could change that, but our insurance company will only cover us for $30 a day on a rental, which won't afford us a minivan. Which means we are going to have to cram three car seats across the back of a sedan until the insurance claim goes through. :/ And, we had $600 worth of doors and furniture that we had just picked up for our new house inside the car, which no one is going to pay for if they are damaged. We heard from a friend at the scene that the 15 light anitque French doors are still completely in tact and that even my antique stained glass window might have survived too. I don't know how because none of them were wrapped or packaged at all and the van is trashed. I will be in awe if all that stuff survived. But, if it didn't we are out $600 which is HUGE for us. We won't be able to replace them for months. :/
I am still trying to see if there is any legal right since the driver admitted the company was negligent, but it's not looking good for us. Stinkin' Michigan!

Farmgirl Sister #1110
Siobhan - AKA Liza-Jane (my farmgirl name), wife to my best friend, Trent, and mommy to Camden (11/28/05) and Bennett (7/11/07). and Truman (7/28/09)
Go to Top of Page

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2012 :  12:04:27 PM  Show Profile
Wow, that is scary. Not just the accident, but the insurance company as well. So glad you weren't hurt. The angels were present.
Cindy

"Vast floods can't quench love, no matter what love did/ Rivers can't drown love, no matter where love's hid"--Sinead O'Connor
"In many ways, you don't just live in the country, it lives inside you"--Ellen Eilers

Visit my blog at http://www.farmerinthebelle.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

texdane
Farmgirl Legend Chapter Leader Chapter Guru

4658 Posts

Nicole
Sandy Hook CT
USA
4658 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2012 :  12:11:00 PM  Show Profile
Oh Siobhan! Thank goodness you are all okay!!! How very scary! Prayers sent your way! Hugs to each of you!!!!!

Nicole

Farmgirl Sister #1155
KNITTER, JAM-MAKER AND MOM EXTRAORDINAIRE
Chapter Leader, Connecticut Simpler Life Sisters

Suburban Farmgirl Blogger
http://sfgblog.maryjanesfarm.org/
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2012 :  9:15:59 PM  Show Profile
So very thankful that you are all okay and nobody was seriously hurt. Yes, Michigan insurance is one of the most costly because of the no fault, but also hard to make claims. Hoping and praying that all goes well for you and your family.

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

http://hardatworkcrafts.blogspot.com

http://Jan49829.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7583 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7583 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2012 :  12:10:23 PM  Show Profile
Siobhan,

Oh my gosh so scary, it was so good that God was with you and His angels protecting you all through the whole thing. I am glad your baby is ok but I hope the doctors make double sure about you and the baby with your bruises and all.
Take care all of you and my prayers will be going up for you.
love
darlene

I have learned that to have a good friend is the purest of all God's gifts, for it is a love that has no exchange of payment.
by Frances Farmer
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13618 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13618 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2012 :  2:20:36 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
I'm so thankful for God's protection on you and your family! SOOOOOO THANKFUL!!!
CJ

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665.
2010 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
Mother Hen: FARMGIRLS SOUTHWEST HENHOUSE

living life - www.snippetscja.blogspot.com

from my hands - www.cjscreations-ceejay.blogspot.com

the "Purple Thistle" http://www.ceejay48.etsy.com

from my heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

from my hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Joey
True Blue Farmgirl

1868 Posts

Joey
Gulf Coast FL
USA
1868 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2012 :  8:21:53 PM  Show Profile
Such a relief to hear that you and your family are OK but oh! what a terrible thing! I am so sorry. I know you are all probably hurting now. Your baby being asleep probably kept him relaxed and I'a so glad he is fine. Will be praying for your quick recovery. Joey

Well behaved women rarely make history.
Go to Top of Page

laurentany
True Blue Farmgirl

3259 Posts

Laurie
Patchogue NY
USA
3259 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2012 :  6:52:28 PM  Show Profile
Siobhan, I am so sorry to hear about the accident, but so thankful that you are all okay! I know how difficult it can be financially, but thank GOD that you are all physically okay. Things can be replaced over time.
Hugs,

~Laurie
"Little Hen House on the Island"
Farmgirl Sister#1403

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away..
Go to Top of Page

crafter
True Blue Farmgirl

2313 Posts

lori
Fort Atkinson Wisconsin
USA
2313 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2012 :  05:39:26 AM  Show Profile
Praise the GOOD Lord above!! I am so thankful you are all safe....and healing the cuts and bruises! I pray that the insurance company and lawyer can try and figure something to help you out- it's not easy to be without a vehicle that fits your family and your needs!! Praying for you!!

Lori

Gernerosity is giving more than you can, and pride is taking less than you need!
Go to Top of Page

craftingram
True Blue Farmgirl

526 Posts

Karin
Nashville In
USA
526 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2012 :  11:38:08 AM  Show Profile
So thankful all of you are all right. Will keep you in prayer that all will work out well.

Karin
Farmgirl Sister #2708

Romans 8: 38,39
Go to Top of Page

ptroupe
True Blue Farmgirl

1752 Posts

Portia
Johnson City NY
USA
1752 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2012 :  7:37:10 PM  Show Profile
Praise God for your safety.

Portia

Wishing for the country life!
Go to Top of Page
  Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic As if we haven't had enough excitement this week.. Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page