Author Holidays: Previous Topic Help with Gourds Next Topic  

flowerchild
True Blue Farmgirl

52 Posts

Erica
Oregon
USA
52 Posts

Posted - Sep 24 2006 :  3:00:03 PM  Show Profile  Send flowerchild an AOL message
Can anyone direct me to a good site, or tell me how from experience, to properly dry out gourds. I'd like to do the birdhouse, as well as other things, would just like to know how to do this and any tips, ideas, crafts etc that someone might know-

Thanks tons,

Erica

Tina Michelle
True Blue Farmgirl

6948 Posts

Tina
sunshine state FL
USA
6948 Posts

Posted - Sep 25 2006 :  3:33:10 PM  Show Profile
here is a website to help you out.it talks about drying the gourds..

http://www.amishgourds.com/site/1278922/page/456714

also..my daughter has been crafting gourds now for about 3-4 yrs. she can share a few ideas with you on how to clean them, and also how to decorate them. She placed several ribbons last year in the Florida Gourd Society Show that was held in Palatka, FL..a really nice/big event with gourd crafters from all over showing and selling gourds and holding crafting sessions. There are quite a number of gourd societies across the nation and it can be an addictive hobby.

~Seize the Day! Live, Love, Laugh~
Go to Top of Page

flowerchild
True Blue Farmgirl

52 Posts

Erica
Oregon
USA
52 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2006 :  3:34:52 PM  Show Profile  Send flowerchild an AOL message
Wow- that's wonderful Tina! Have any pictures of her work that we could see too? I would be happy for any tips she has on how to clean and decorate them- thanks so much for the direction to the website- headed there now =)
Go to Top of Page

Tina Michelle
True Blue Farmgirl

6948 Posts

Tina
sunshine state FL
USA
6948 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2006 :  12:12:26 PM  Show Profile
can you email me and I'll send along some of the pictures to you.
I'm trying to get Naomi to start an etsy storefront and maybe a regular website to showcase some of her handmade gourds and other crafted items. but drop me an email and I'll zap some of the pictures over to you.

~Seize the Day! Live, Love, Laugh~
Go to Top of Page
  Holidays: Previous Topic Help with Gourds Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page