Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Sep 24 2006 :  07:21:19 AM  Show Profile
I bought a pretty good size bulletin board yesterday to put farm girl stuff on. I have a hat box now with things that you girls send my way.Sometimes I print pictures off the site, and ideas off your blogs. So getting out the stick pins and putting some things up. Pamela sent some of the cutest hand made paper goods for a trade and they will go on there. I wish she would put pictures on the site so we could see all the things she makes. maybe she will.A nice Strawberry card from berries, a cabin creek card from Frannie, etc.
NANCY JO

berries
True Blue Farmgirl

475 Posts

gloria g
Florida
USA
475 Posts

Posted - Sep 24 2006 :  08:01:09 AM  Show Profile
That is a wonderful idea. Then at a glance you can see your farmgirl treasures!!!!! I'm doing it!

Thanks again, Nancy Jo love all your ideas!

love, hugs, strawberries, gloria g. Richards, TX

strawberry fields forever and ever!
Go to Top of Page

bramble
True Blue Farmgirl

2044 Posts

2044 Posts

Posted - Sep 24 2006 :  5:24:12 PM  Show Profile
I did this with all the mail art from the first go round and it now covers a wall in my sewing room/laundry room. I have a fine time looking at all the wonderful imaginative art work, cards, notes, buttons and charm squares I received.It's nice to think of all of us all over the country who have never met and may be so different yet the sameness draws us together. I like to think that everyone is visiting with me!

with a happy heart
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Sep 24 2006 :  6:54:17 PM  Show Profile
nancy jo .... sweeeeeeeeeeet idea!

True Friends, Frannie

CABIN CREEK FARM
KENTUCKY

Go to Top of Page

Mumof3
True Blue Farmgirl

3890 Posts

Karin
Ellenwood GA
USA
3890 Posts

Posted - Sep 24 2006 :  7:17:59 PM  Show Profile
I love this idea, Nancy Jo! We have such clever women here!!

Karin
Go to Top of Page

~Tracey~
True Blue Farmgirl

351 Posts

Tracey
TN
USA
351 Posts

Posted - Sep 24 2006 :  8:48:01 PM  Show Profile
That is such a neat idea. So true about being inspired from the blogs here. Very clever indeed!!

Tracey,
mama to Callum 13, Katie 8, Wil 5.5, Benjamin almost 3 and Andrew 6 months!!
Go to Top of Page

Photobugs
True Blue Farmgirl

363 Posts

Pamela
Post Falls Idaho
USA
363 Posts

Posted - Sep 24 2006 :  10:48:28 PM  Show Profile
As requested by Nancy here is a photo of one of my recent projects.

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/photobugspjt/detail?.dir=/32c2scd&.dnm=5569scd.jpg&.src=ph&.tok=ph4BhjFBedNmnkd9

Here is another one:

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/photobugspjt/detail?.dir=/32c2scd&.dnm=de7dscd.jpg&.src=ph&.tok=phELhjFB0fZ7ZR3u

Mostly what I do has a vintage flair to it.

It's late and a girl needs her beauty rest!

Pamela

"I scream, you scream, we all scream for ice cream!"
Go to Top of Page

Nance in France
True Blue Farmgirl

1438 Posts

Nancy
St. Laurent de la Salanque
France
1438 Posts

Posted - Sep 25 2006 :  03:35:06 AM  Show Profile
GREAT idea, Nancy Jo....one worth stealing, I mean copying !! I am imagining my bulletin board made outta mossy twigs and little pinecones.......ah! Thanks for the idea with us. And Pamela, I looked at the links you provided and your projects are terrific!! Thanks for letting us take a peek; farm girls ARE the best in every way!
Go to Top of Page

katie-ell
True Blue Farmgirl

1818 Posts

Katie
Illinois
1818 Posts

Posted - Sep 25 2006 :  04:16:12 AM  Show Profile
Too cool, Nancy Jo! I saw a cool idea on a blog somewhere in blogland, with a fabric covered bulletin board and POCKETS it it -- the fabric folded horizontally in a couple of places -- made a very cool board. I'll see if I can find it again. Definately a 'To-Do'.

Pamela -- love your projects. Pennants are the new hit thing, no? I love what you've done with them. Way cool. Thanks for the glimpse into your creative world.
Go to Top of Page

junebug
True Blue Farmgirl

2421 Posts

Sue
West Plains, Mo.
USA
2421 Posts

Posted - Sep 25 2006 :  04:39:56 AM  Show Profile
Another farmgirl hit!!! Thanks for sharing your idea Nancy! And Pamala, your projects are SO cute!!

www.herbalfarmstead.blogspot.com

www.countrypleasures.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

katie-ell
True Blue Farmgirl

1818 Posts

Katie
Illinois
1818 Posts

Posted - Sep 25 2006 :  05:44:37 AM  Show Profile
Here's a link to the wall organizer (bulletin board with pockets) that I mentioned earlier. FYI.

http://shimandsons.typepad.com/shimandsons/2006/08/i_heart_wallpoc.html
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Sep 25 2006 :  06:01:59 AM  Show Profile
what am I doing wrong? The only thing I can see on Pamela's site is the fireplace decor. Where are the links to see more. Glad you put your things on for us to see, I have two of your things on my new bulletin board.
NANCY JO
Go to Top of Page

katie-ell
True Blue Farmgirl

1818 Posts

Katie
Illinois
1818 Posts

Posted - Sep 25 2006 :  08:34:25 AM  Show Profile
The fireplace decor IS one of the projects -- the pennant garland saying 'Harvest Blessings'. The other project has its own address -- see it? -- and is a 'Souvenir' pennant, so adorable. Can you see it now?
Go to Top of Page

GaiasRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2552 Posts

Tasha-Rose
St. Paul Minnesota
2552 Posts

Posted - Sep 25 2006 :  08:44:57 AM  Show Profile
Nancy Jo what a great idea.

I have a bulletin board in my craft room that I affectionately call my "[bleep] board". It has clippings and quotes and political cartoons and the like...causes I am passionate about, etc. SO it is [bleep] as in to complain....LOL

I love this farmgirl board idea though! Looks like I am on the hunt for anew board!

~*~Brightest Blessings~*~
Tasha-Rose
blog: http://gaiarose.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Sep 25 2006 :  10:47:04 AM  Show Profile
Thanks Katie, I have the pennant Pamela sent me on my NEW bulletin board, it is much nicer in person, mine is a girl from the 1920's saying remember me. I also put up a cookie cutter and a silver spoon that was sent my way, and a small bag of buttons and the little bag of sweet annie , and a tiny red plaid apron that Aunt Jenny sent a long time ago,I really need to get the picture thing going so I CAN POST PICTURES. I hung a basket under the board to put cards and notes in, can't throw any farm girl things away.Hung up the silver spoon and cookie cutter by tying a ribbon on them. Oh, and there is a picture of Tasha and her girls in their matching aprons up there, thought that was so cute. Don't know why I didn't think of this before, couldn't see the stuff when it was in the hat box.
NANCY JO
Go to Top of Page

abbasgurl
True Blue Farmgirl

1262 Posts

Rhonda

USA
1262 Posts

Posted - Sep 25 2006 :  11:11:15 AM  Show Profile
So THAT'S what you told me about in your email Nancy! I was trying to figger out "farmgirl bulletin board", thinkin' it was a newsletter or something similar. Sometimes a bulletin board really is is just a bulletin board. ;) A DUH moment for me!
Anyway, I do keep a board in my little studio room with all sorts of things hanging from it. Mine is more of an idea board, a place to put bits that inspire me. The rule is when something falls off because of "overload" it goes into a drawer. What to do when the entire thing falls I dunno! LOL
I also have a workbench/table thingy-really a hodgepodge of an old desk and a bookcase that is where I sit to work. Rather than supplies, I have the shelves loaded with things that make me smile, things sent from friends, old toys, cards stuck here & there. It's like a little (messy) nest.
I love to see photos of women's workspaces. I believe there is a book called "Where Women Create"...something like that. Does anyone know what I am referring to? It would be fun to see where these creative women "work".
Another great idea from our own Nancy!
Blessings,
Rhonda

I'm a one girl revolution.
Go to Top of Page

abbasgurl
True Blue Farmgirl

1262 Posts

Rhonda

USA
1262 Posts

Posted - Sep 25 2006 :  11:33:34 AM  Show Profile
Ohhh! Pamela AWESOME work! I love what you did with the old photos! Thanks for givin' us a peek!
Rhonda

I'm a one girl revolution.
Go to Top of Page

sunshine
True Blue Farmgirl

4877 Posts

Wendy
Utah
USA
4877 Posts

Posted - Sep 25 2006 :  11:58:56 AM  Show Profile  Send sunshine a Yahoo! Message
photobugs lovely banners. I would love something like that that reads happy halloween. Maybe we could do a trade or something.
sunshine

have a lovely day and may God bless you and keep you safe
my web store www.sunshines.etsy.com my other web store http://vintagethreads.etsy.com/
my blog http://sunshinescreations.blogspot.com/ my google page http://sunshine.harbaugh.googlepages.com/home
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Sep 25 2006 :  12:06:22 PM  Show Profile
Isn't her stuff great?? I bought a simply wonderful "dream queen" banner she made. It hangs in my bedroom. I LOVE it!! Wonderful job on the autumn banner too, Pamela!!

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Photobugs
True Blue Farmgirl

363 Posts

Pamela
Post Falls Idaho
USA
363 Posts

Posted - Sep 25 2006 :  1:37:01 PM  Show Profile
I am so thankful to you gals for your nice compliments on my work. I really live to create.
I have the book "Where Women Create." It is fun. Some of the work places are more modern, some are fancy, some are warm, but my favorite is Wendy Addison's. I want to be just like her when I grow up!
I do have to say...not to brag, but when people walk into my studio they are taken back. There is lots of stuff in there. I have it packed to the gils with vintage treasures busting from the seems. It is very fun. I out grew it about three years ago and am reduced to the end one table for my creating. This is hard! I have a pretty good sized storage room and now have the garage to myself (well almost). Hubby built himself a shop and now the garage is mine, just waiting for him to get the rest of his stuff out of it. It needs paint and shelving built. He works long hours and has not had to time to do much lately on it. But the plan is for me to be able to get it set up like a store and have sales from time to time. Poor guy, I keep him busy with my jobs. Last week I got a piano given to me and he had to stop work and go move it home for me. He loves me for sure!
My goal is to have my studio be like an old general store. But it will have to be in a different house, current one would not be condusive for what I dream of. I talk to my hubby about it incisively. I hope it happens before I get too old to enjoy it!
This fall my sales will have alot of snowman stuff. I am going through my collection...I have hundreds of them...and selling them off. I decided I need to move them on to some other homes where they can be loved.
Well, I'd better get down to my studio. I bought some fun things this weekend at the Farm Chicks Show that need to be put away.
I will post later about my experience there. I met two well known artist and had a wonderful visit with them. I'll post pics too. Hope you'll check back to see!

Glad to be a farm girl!
Pamela

Go to Top of Page

sunshine
True Blue Farmgirl

4877 Posts

Wendy
Utah
USA
4877 Posts

Posted - Sep 25 2006 :  2:25:43 PM  Show Profile  Send sunshine a Yahoo! Message
do you have a blog or home page or something

have a lovely day and may God bless you and keep you safe
my web store www.sunshines.etsy.com my other web store http://vintagethreads.etsy.com/
my blog http://sunshinescreations.blogspot.com/ my google page http://sunshine.harbaugh.googlepages.com/home
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Sep 25 2006 :  2:49:17 PM  Show Profile
I sure would like to see more of your things posted here. I"ll keep looking.
NANCY JO
Go to Top of Page

Photobugs
True Blue Farmgirl

363 Posts

Pamela
Post Falls Idaho
USA
363 Posts

Posted - Sep 25 2006 :  2:58:03 PM  Show Profile
Well, as I spend my time creating or driving my ice cream truck...I have not gotten into putting my things on a blog. I have a blog, but have not put much on there. No pics or anything. But it seems that maybe this is something I should do??? Let me know what you think girls.

A little about what went into the making of Harvest Blessings:
Glue together two sheets of card stock (this is because it is what I had on hand, I think I could find something else that would not require this step), wait for glue to dry, usually overnight.
Cut out the pennants, paint them black, two coats, waiting for each coat to dry. Then spray both sides with matte spray, wait to dry.
Make patterns for gold pennants (second layer of paper) and cut them out
Make pattern for antique sheet music and cut them out
Glue these three layers together, dry
Find old photos, copy onto paper, cut out
Make the gathered crepe paper to fit around photos glue together & onto pennants
Make paper circles, this included cuttng them out, folding the paper accordian style (very small and intricate and time consuming)
Glue on metal stars and glue onto pennants
Tap holes in pennants
paint brad tops to be black (I used a maker)
Put the letters all together in order
Enhanced in some places with glass glitter, glued on and let dry
Tie black strings on ends
There are pretty heavy. I have them taped onto my fireplace with about four pieces of tape. So far it is holding.
These was about a three day process. So gals now you see why the big named artist make an original and have their projects made for sale by sending the labor oversees...probably China. Otherwise the originals would cost an arm and a leg.
When I buy from these artist I do not mind not having the original, as I am too cheap to pay the big bucks.
Anyway, just wanted to give you a play by play of what it takes to make one of these. As the time to make this was many hours a trade would have to be pretty significant, but not out of the question. I have many projects lined up for me and fall is my busiest creating season. I still have ice cream in my inventory that needs to be sold, so I need to keep that business going as long as the weather permits. In other words..time...the biggest thorn in my side.
Then as all of you well know...a household to run! Zucchini bread to make for hubby, etc.

I love hearing from all of you gals.

Pamela

Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic FARM GIRL BULLETIN BOARD Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page