Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 **MaryJanesFarm Products & Merchandise
 MJF towels
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author **MaryJanesFarm Products & Merchandise: Previous Topic MJF towels Next Topic  

Bornagainfarmgirl
Farmgirl in Training

24 Posts

Jenn
MT
USA
24 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2012 :  4:03:37 PM  Show Profile
I just finished the latest MJF magazine and really learned more about organic cotton. Question- why are MJF towels no longer organic cotton?
I wanted to purchase some a few months back and noticed they are now conventional cotton! Any chance you will change back in the future?
Thanks!

I love to wander country roads.

Edited by - Bornagainfarmgirl on Jul 12 2012 9:14:57 PM

motherhen
Chatroom Moderator

42 Posts

Henrietta
Moscow Idaho
USA
42 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2012 :  12:11:48 AM  Show Profile
We thought you’d never ask! These kinds of social change initiatives require, of course, consumer participation. After convincing some of the department stores MaryJane works with that consumers would be willing to pay a tiny bit more for organic sheets and towels, such was not the case for towels. So she's putting her efforts into education for now, hoping that the next time she tries it on a larger scale, more people will be on board. MaryJane's Home ORGANIC (and life saving) sheets are still available in our two retail stores here in Idaho and at Belk department stores. If you’d like to buy them from us, give a call. Hope to hear from you!
Go to Top of Page

Bornagainfarmgirl
Farmgirl in Training

24 Posts

Jenn
MT
USA
24 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2012 :  1:41:29 PM  Show Profile
Thank you for writing back! I will be in Coeur d' Alene at the beginning of August and will stop by MJF store and take another look (and purchase)! I am passing on the cotton article to as many of my family members as possible. I am hoping it will help them learn that there are more environmental/social issues affecting other items- not only food and cleaning products, in our daily lives and health. I think a lot of people overlook that.

I love to wander country roads.
Go to Top of Page
  **MaryJanesFarm Products & Merchandise: Previous Topic MJF towels Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page