Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up
 Grandpa is failing-
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic Grandpa is failing- Next Topic  

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - Jul 07 2012 :  04:43:39 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Ladies- if you could keep my grandpa Bob in your prayers and thoughts I would greatly appreciate it. We just celebrated his 90th birthday in June. He was doing pretty good- getting older and has alzheimer's but not too bad yet. Then just this week he got rushed to the hospital after a day or so of pain and they found a bowel obstruction. He spent a couple of days in the hospital but now is home thankfully without having to do surgery.

Mom says he is really weak and not able to get around very well anymore. She has had to help him with lots of day to day functions and the hospital permanently put him on oxygen.

My grandma is now considering sending him to a nursing home as she is getting older as well and it has been all she can do to help him while he was still able to get in and out of the shower on his own and use the toilet without help.

Mom went down to help and I am sure they are considering all sorts of alternatives such as visting nurses and such but it isn't looking great.

Grandpa told us all that he didn't think that he would last much past his birthday, and that he was ready to go. I am worried that it has become a self-fufilling prophecy.

I am not praying for my grandpa to get better though that would be amazing and wonderful- I am praying that the best happens for him- whether that be a miraculous spring back and he gets enough strength to stay in his home or maybe for a gentle easing out of this life in his sleep.

My grandpa has lead an amazing life. From having a doctor perform surgery and not properly close afterwards because he thought he was going to die when he was a boy- to flying in WW2 and becoming one of the few Fighting Aces, to being an amazing grandfather and friend. He has a impish childlike soul and can find humor and fun in life. I love him dearly and will miss him when he is gone, but I hate that he is in pain.

My dear friends- if you could keep him in your hearts during this time I would greatly appreciate it!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wff7Xpc/]

[/url]

grammytammy
True Blue Farmgirl

585 Posts

Tamara
Binghamton ny
USA
585 Posts

Posted - Jul 07 2012 :  06:03:36 AM  Show Profile
Alee, I understand the pain of watching someone you love so much, comingz to the end of their life. So hard to watch.

He sounds like he has been an amazing person!
Hugs to you and him

FarmGirl 2495
God loved us so much He gave His only son to die in our stead.
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jul 07 2012 :  08:57:40 AM  Show Profile
Alee, your Grandpa will be in my prayers.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Jul 07 2012 :  10:52:43 AM  Show Profile
Aw... Alee! I'm so sorry... Your Grandpa is in my prayers... You and your family are, too! Hugs - Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

Go to Top of Page

machick
True Blue Farmgirl

60 Posts

Diana
Park City Kansas
USA
60 Posts

Posted - Jul 07 2012 :  11:23:06 AM  Show Profile
Alee ... praying for your Grandpa and your family. May Gods will be done. Sounds like you have a wonderful Grandpa.

May your bobbins always be full!!!
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7583 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7583 Posts

Posted - Jul 07 2012 :  12:12:34 PM  Show Profile
Alee I will be Praying for your grandpa and that he be in comfort which ever way God leads him and prayer for your grandma to have strength through this time and for you and your whole family to enjoy him and have precious memories about him and strength for you all during this time.
take care and hugs
darlene

I have learned that to have a good friend is the purest of all God's gifts, for it is a love that has no exchange of payment.
by Frances Farmer
Go to Top of Page

laurentany
True Blue Farmgirl

3259 Posts

Laurie
Patchogue NY
USA
3259 Posts

Posted - Jul 07 2012 :  6:22:27 PM  Show Profile
Oh Alee,
I will surely keep your Grandpa Bob in my prayers, I do totally understand what you are saying about having led a wonderful life. When someone gets to live that long, it is a Blessing and all that we want for them is for them to go peacefully and not suffer.
I lost my dear grandpa 2 years ago to cancer... he was 98 1/2 years old and he too lived a wonderful, long, life.
I pray that your grandpa is comfortable and peaceful, and I will pray for your dear grandmother and your entire family during this difficult time.
Hugs,

~Laurie
"Little Hen House on the Island"
Farmgirl Sister#1403

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away..
Go to Top of Page

nubidane
True Blue Farmgirl

2873 Posts

Lisa
Georgetown OH
2873 Posts

Posted - Jul 07 2012 :  7:01:35 PM  Show Profile
Alee
Your Gpa sounds like an amazing man, & if he is ready to go, that is a beautiful thing. So ofen the passing of a loved one is sad due to our own personal inability to let go, when in reality, our loved one is READY
Sending an extra farmgirl prayer to you... Yo have bee through the "wringer" lately.
God Bless You and Yours
Go to Top of Page

ptroupe
True Blue Farmgirl

1752 Posts

Portia
Johnson City NY
USA
1752 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2012 :  7:38:59 PM  Show Profile
Prayers to you and your family.

Blessings,
Portia

Wishing for the country life!
Go to Top of Page

craftingram
True Blue Farmgirl

526 Posts

Karin
Nashville In
USA
526 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2012 :  04:55:22 AM  Show Profile
Alee, praying that God will ease your Grandpa's pain and grant his will for him, and for comfort and strength for you and your family.

Karin
Farmgirl Sister #2708

Romans 8: 38,39
Go to Top of Page

Joey
True Blue Farmgirl

1868 Posts

Joey
Gulf Coast FL
USA
1868 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2012 :  10:32:26 PM  Show Profile
Oh Alee, sending you hugs. Sending your grandpa peace for whatever comes next. He has lived a long life and has many people who love him. Sending your grandma strength for whatever comes next. He sounds like a wonderful man and a dear grandfather. Know that we are sending you love and hope and prayers, Joey

Well behaved women rarely make history.
Go to Top of Page

Ga Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2355 Posts

Karen
Meansville Ga.
USA
2355 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2012 :  05:03:25 AM  Show Profile
Alee, will be praying for your grandpa. Sounds like a great man, I sure miss mine and will keep you and family in prayer as well. Blessings, Karen

Create in me a pure heart,O God and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Psalms 51:10

Farmgirl sister #1156
www.KKJD1.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

musicmommy
True Blue Farmgirl

430 Posts

Wendy
Oregon
USA
430 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2012 :  07:16:44 AM  Show Profile
Praying for your Grandpa and all your family. He sounds like a wonderful man and when you feel like it, I'd love to hear more stories about him. I pray that your family will feel a peace through this time and that he will be comforted.

One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain.
Bob Marley

www.becomingwendy.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

FebruaryViolet
True Blue Farmgirl

4810 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4810 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2012 :  07:23:25 AM  Show Profile
Alee, I will be thinking of you and your family--I know how much you love your Grandpa and can only imagine how difficult these thoughts must be for you. We'll be thinking of everyone, here in Kentucky.

"Hey, I've got nothing to do today but smile..."
The Only Living Boy in New York, Paul Simon
Go to Top of Page

Amie C.
True Blue Farmgirl

2099 Posts

Finger Lakes Region NY
2099 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2012 :  7:01:37 PM  Show Profile
Alee, I'll be thinking of you and of your Grandpa. I remember from the past year with my own grandparents just how hard this is. You might be surprised, good support services or nursing care could be a real blessing for him and for your grandma. I'll be praying that they are able to find the right help to make him comfortable.
Go to Top of Page

JerseyGirl
True Blue Farmgirl

181 Posts

Michele
Southern NJ
USA
181 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2012 :  05:11:07 AM  Show Profile
I'm so sorry to hear about your grandpa, Alee. It hurts so much when we see our grandparents in failing health...Thinking of you today.
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2012 :  06:01:54 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Thank you ladies. So far Grandpa is still with us and at home. Decisions will have to be be made soon as to whether grandma can accept "strangers" in her house for in home care or if he will go to the nursing home.

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wff7Xpc/]

[/url]
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7583 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7583 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2012 :  8:40:10 PM  Show Profile
Prayers going up for the decisions that you all have to make
Blessings
darlene

I have learned that to have a good friend is the purest of all God's gifts, for it is a love that has no exchange of payment.
by Frances Farmer
Go to Top of Page
  Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic Grandpa is failing- Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page