True Blue Farmgirl

145 Posts

Tracy
Beaufort South Carolina
USA
145 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2012 :  12:44:12 PM  Show Profile
Hi yall!

I joined this group about a year ago and didn't get much time to spend on here. I attempted to come back on and found I had logged myself out and couldn't remember who I was or what my password was So, I've reinvented myself and here I am!

While I call South Carolina home, I'm a Virginia girl at heart. I'm married with 4 children and 5 grandsons ages 4, 2, 2, 5mo and 1 month and we just found out we have another on the way.

Besides being a wife, mom and fabulous grandma I'm also a full-time student working on a double major in English/History. I hope to get my masters in Library Sciences before I hit 50. Not too far off. I turn 44 in August and will finish my B.A in December of next year.

I grew up on a rule tobacco farm in Virginia and sitting at my grandma's knees I learned to love things homemade. I personally don't have much talent but I do have a desire and even a need to relearn things she taught me. I had planned to grow a garden this summer but after our mower and the time it took to get it fixed I just wasn't in the mood to be bothered. It wont stop me from planting a small veggie garden in the fall.

Just got done decluttering my entire home and cleaning around the property and now I'm itching to start some home improvement projects. I would like to get some of the major stuff done before school starts back in August. I'd like to go into at least ONE semester without distractions!

Anyway, I think I've talked enough, hope I didn't scare any of you off! God bless!!

Searching for a more simply life for me and my clan

Searching for a more simply life for me and my clan!

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2012 :  08:22:40 AM  Show Profile
Welcome Tracy. I'm working on the decluttering issue also.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

marlee
True Blue Farmgirl

1650 Posts

Marlene
DeRidder Louisiana
1650 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2012 :  09:52:22 AM  Show Profile
Welcome to the farm Tracy.You will love it here. The girls are wonderful and sweet. So glad you are here! Marlee

God is the painter, he paints the picture. And his son builds it, for he is the Master Carpenter!
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13627 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13627 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2012 :  10:11:19 AM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Welcome to Farmgirl Connectdion, Tracy!
CJ

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665.
2010 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
Mother Hen: FARMGIRLS SOUTHWEST HENHOUSE

living life - www.snippetscja.blogspot.com

from my hands - www.cjscreations-ceejay.blogspot.com

the "Purple Thistle" http://www.ceejay48.etsy.com

from my heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

from my hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page
  **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic Hi from South Carolina! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: