Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 Just finished my very first quilt top!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Just finished my very first quilt top! Next Topic  

musicmommy
True Blue Farmgirl

430 Posts

Wendy
Oregon
USA
430 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2012 :  1:48:28 PM  Show Profile
I'm so excited to see it all come together. Nothing fancy, mind you. Just basic squares and rectangles. Oh and a 4 patch here and there. I need to get my camera squared away and I'll post some pictures. I have no idea what to do for the next step, but I've finished this part and I like it. Yay!

One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain.
Bob Marley

www.becomingwendy.wordpress.com

Wauka Mountain Mama
True Blue Farmgirl

239 Posts

Fran
Fairburn Ga
USA
239 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2012 :  3:29:26 PM  Show Profile
Hooray! I love the feeling of completeing a quilt top, yet alone the first one! Congrats on a job wel done! :)

As for the next step you need to deciede how your goin to finish the edges of your quilt. You could do binding strips which or a little scary at first but not as hard as you may think. Or you could take a very simple route & use a piece of backing fabric that a few inches larger then the quilt top, which you should do anyway, but once your done sandwhiching & quilting your quilt instead of cutting the excess backing away you'd fold & iron down the raw edges then fold again so it laps over the quilt & sew it in place. Super easy, but most modern quilters use binding instead.

Live simply. So that others may simply live.

http://waukamountainmama.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2012 :  5:56:55 PM  Show Profile
I can't wait to see a picture of your quilt top. I love, love quilts. I would love to know how to make one. Everyone says it is not hard, but, as I've said a million times, I have ten thumbs. I can't sew straight on a sewing machine! I'd have to start with a quilting bee. None of those around here. Any way, please post a picture. And- your first quilt top, how inspiring.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

Bonnie Ellis
True Blue Farmgirl

2474 Posts

Bonnie
Minneapolis Minnesota
USA
2474 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2012 :  3:51:18 PM  Show Profile
Congratulations...I hope there are many more. Happy quilting.

grandmother and orphan farmgirl
Go to Top of Page
  Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Just finished my very first quilt top! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page