3324 Posts

Melody
The Great North Woods in the Land of Hiawatha
USA
3324 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2012 :  12:46:06 PM  Show Profile
Check your china cupboards ladies!

(The beginning of my collection)

My latest craze is collecting this wonderful china called Blue Fjord-Must be my Swedish roots!

Anyway...If you have any of this particular china please let me know if you would like to barter or sell! I'm interested in any and all pieces you might have-

Thank you!

Melody
Farmgirl #525

lwm
True Blue Farmgirl

123 Posts

Loralie
Duncan AZ
USA
123 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2012 :  1:43:03 PM  Show Profile
I wish I had some-it's beautiful!
Go to Top of Page

AnnieinIdaho
True Blue Farmgirl

437 Posts

Annie
ID
USA
437 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2012 :  9:00:09 PM  Show Profile
Oh...chinaware..my weakness. I like the pattern too. Here's link to it on Replacements.com They have nearly every pattern of China and dishes ever made registered. I visited the store once. Wow..the nice thing also about replacements.com is you can see the value of China and other dish sets you have. I was able to figure out the value of a set my grandmother handed down to me. When you find the set you can click on individual items such as dinner plate and a photo comes up. I "save photo" in a folder, then printed them off and made a binder with the value of each China item in a binder in our home safe for insurance purposes in case of a fire or unforseen emergency. Also, should I die before I wake, there is a log of our nicer items and the value for a guide for my family. Anyway, sorry for the ramble...but the link below should take you to more of what you are looking for.
Have fun shopping for Lipper and Mann (L&M) Blue Fjord Scalloped at Replacements Ltd.
http://www.replacements.com/webquote/LM_BLF.htm

Annie
Farmgirl Sister #3655
Go to Top of Page

Joey
True Blue Farmgirl

1868 Posts

Joey
Gulf Coast FL
USA
1868 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2012 :  11:06:48 PM  Show Profile
Melody,
I have not forgotten you. My china is similar but not exact. I'll send it-I promise, as soon as I get back from Hawaii the end of Sept. Hugs, Joey

Well behaved women rarely make history.
Go to Top of Page

melody
True Blue Farmgirl

3324 Posts

Melody
USA
3324 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2012 :  05:31:44 AM  Show Profile
Annette---Replacements have been my guideline for pricing china for years, but honestly I could never do it piece by piece on that site! Too-Too expensive...I am more along the lines of garage sales and thrift store searching!

Joey.....I know you haven't forgotten dear heart-What with everything on your plate (no pun intended) I can wait-I'm as patient as a saint! Are you all set to go? You must take lots and lots of photos for us main-landers-(I'm so jealous!!)

There is a story behind this 1st plate of Fjord Blue-I was at auction a few weeks ago and ended up buying a "mish-mash" of Blue Danube China and this little plate was tucked in between a stack of dinner plates. When I began to load the china up bit by bit to get it to the car I noticed this one and fell in love....It is more subtle than Blue Danube and more delicate to my taste-lighter and of course Swedish!-I think I'm hooked for sure-LOL!

Melody
Go to Top of Page

paradiseplantation
True Blue Farmgirl

1277 Posts

julie
social springs community Louisiana
USA
1277 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2012 :  06:04:23 AM  Show Profile
Mel - You know me, I'll search for it when I'm out junking. I know of a couple of good places to look. Do you care what piece it is - i.e. plate, cup, serving piece, etc? I'll get what I can find. I'll also call Mrs. Opal and see if she knows anyone in her circle that has it and is willing to part with it at a cheap to trade price. I've got some handwoven stuff I'll trade them if they're willing. No promises except the one that says I'll try!

from the hearts of paradise...
1Thess. 4:11
http://thefarmwife.com
Go to Top of Page

melody
True Blue Farmgirl

3324 Posts

Melody
USA
3324 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2012 :  07:30:56 AM  Show Profile
Thank you Julie!

Anything you can find-I'm starting from only one plate....

Stay cool dear friend!

Mel
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2012 :  7:12:35 PM  Show Profile
Melody, I don't have any of your china..but, I've seen it before and think its very delicate. I really love that wooden spoon though! What is the history behind that?

Farmgirl sister #3926

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page

melody
True Blue Farmgirl

3324 Posts

Melody
USA
3324 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2012 :  7:32:09 PM  Show Profile
Oh! I collect little antique Scandinavian wooden spoons-Some are hand-painted and some are just plain-I love collecting bits and pieces of everyday history! I keep my collection peeking out on one of the shelves of my huge white bead board cupboard.

Here is an older photo of the top of the bead board cupboard where I now keep my wooden spoons:

You can't see the bead board cupboard but it's right below the plates...I bought the cupboard at a rummage sale that was held at an old catholic school that was about to be torn down. I was on my way to work at the clinic across the street and I spotted it-knew it was meant to be mine so I-raced inside the clinic-asked one of the Dr.'s for a $20.00 and raced back outside and across the street to the sale. I got it just in the nick of time! I took it home and painted it white-and had DH sit my old glass cupboard-that I had been using as a hanging book-case over top of the whole thing. Now, it looks as though its always been in my great room.

Melody
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2012 :  8:40:16 PM  Show Profile
Thanks for explaining, Melody! Your display and cupboard is pretty cool! You are right..sounds like you were meant to have it!

Farmgirl sister #3926

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page

SHfrog
Farmgirl at Heart

4 Posts

Patricia
South Haven MI
USA
4 Posts

Posted - May 07 2014 :  06:03:22 AM  Show Profile  Send SHfrog a Yahoo! Message
I have a few pieces of the Blue Fjord China that I do not want, 2 dinner plates, 1 salad plate, 3 small one and 2 saucers. Let me know.

SHfrog
Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - May 07 2014 :  1:44:40 PM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
It's beautiful. I don't have any but I'll keep my eyes opened when I am thrifting or garage saleing.

Be Blessed and Be a Blessing,
Darlene
Sister 1922

God first, everything else after!

When Satan's knocking at your door, just say "Jesus will you get that for me?"

When it gets to hard to stand, Kneel!

Go to Top of Page

Joey
True Blue Farmgirl

1868 Posts

Joey
Gulf Coast FL
USA
1868 Posts

Posted - May 12 2014 :  2:10:27 PM  Show Profile
Currently no more china but I wanted to say "Hi Mel" and to tell you that of course, I love that plate too. I'll keep an eye out. Miss you, dear farmgirl friend. Hugs, Joey

Well behaved women rarely make history.
Go to Top of Page

melody
True Blue Farmgirl

3324 Posts

Melody
USA
3324 Posts

Posted - May 13 2014 :  09:57:40 AM  Show Profile
Hey Joey!

Hoping life is treating you kindly...Miss you too dear friend.

Mel
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13646 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13646 Posts

Posted - May 13 2014 :  3:36:32 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
HI MEL!! I, too, miss you my dear farmgirl friend! Think about you lots, especially when I use your shea butter cream or soap! :D
Hope you're doing well!
CJ

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665.
2010 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
Mother Hen: FARMGIRLS SOUTHWEST HENHOUSE

my aprons - http://www.facebook.com/FarmFreshAprons

living life - www.snippetscja.blogspot.com

from my heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

from my hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

melody
True Blue Farmgirl

3324 Posts

Melody
USA
3324 Posts

Posted - May 16 2014 :  7:58:55 PM  Show Profile
Hey CJ!

You still have some left? I stopped all of my soap shows about 3-years ago...only making soap when the family needs a batch. I had to do it-as it was getting pretty costly with the quality oils I used and summers here are short in the Great North Woods especially when you start shows in May and end in December nothing much gets accomplished. I am concentrating on my Etsy store and I also sell books on Amazon (India Ink Books)plus I am in the midst of getting my house presentable as we will be putting it on the market next year. My baby graduates in a few short weeks and will be sticking around for his Gen Ed's locally then transfer out of state. Nan is wrapping up her 4-years at university and will be moving to Green Bay this August. Time to downsize....All this farmgirl wants is a small house with a LONG driveway out of the city and away from ambulances, police cars, fire trucks, neighbors and barking dogs! How have you been dear one??
Go to Top of Page

SHfrog
Farmgirl at Heart

4 Posts

Patricia
South Haven MI
USA
4 Posts

Posted - May 21 2014 :  06:04:18 AM  Show Profile  Send SHfrog a Yahoo! Message
Hi Melody, still have the Blue Fjord China if you are interested.

SHfrog
Go to Top of Page

melody
True Blue Farmgirl

3324 Posts

Melody
USA
3324 Posts

Posted - May 21 2014 :  7:37:12 PM  Show Profile
Patricia,

I'm interested what do you want for them?

Thanks!

Melody
Go to Top of Page

SHfrog
Farmgirl at Heart

4 Posts

Patricia
South Haven MI
USA
4 Posts

Posted - May 23 2014 :  07:05:04 AM  Show Profile  Send SHfrog a Yahoo! Message
Hi Melody,

There are 3 dinner plates, one of the plates is chipped, 2 salad plates, 4 dessert or bread/butter, 3 saucers and 1 cup, cup I also chipped.

$50.00 for all plus shipping. Let me know.

Thanks,
Patricia

SHfrog
Go to Top of Page

melody
True Blue Farmgirl

3324 Posts

Melody
USA
3324 Posts

Posted - May 24 2014 :  5:06:57 PM  Show Profile
Sorry SHfrog---a little steep for me considering there is "chipping."

Thanks anyway!

Melody
Go to Top of Page

SHfrog
Farmgirl at Heart

4 Posts

Patricia
South Haven MI
USA
4 Posts

Posted - May 25 2014 :  5:53:01 PM  Show Profile  Send SHfrog a Yahoo! Message
Melody, make me an offer if you are interested. Thanks.

SHfrog
Go to Top of Page
  *Farmgirl Barter™: Previous Topic Wanted: Blue Fjord China Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page