New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Barnyard Buddies: Previous Topic My Ponies... Next Topic  

KansasFarmMomma
True Blue Farmgirl

91 Posts

91 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2012 :  09:14:37 AM  Show Profile
I've seen so many posts recently about horse related things, so I figured I would show off my sexy ponies :-D

This is Yankee(Keep 'Em Up There). He's a 11 year old OTTB. He's had a rough life. I've had him for 3 years and he is one horse I will never ever sell. I love him so much even though he is a insanely hard keeper & costs us a fortune. He is the horse that moved me from a cautious adult rider who was afraid to lope to one who will get on just about anything and not be worried about it. He's not good for much of anything but trail riding but for being a TB, he's an AMAZING trail horse. There is NOTHING that bothers him. He is incredibly honest and will go over, under, through ANYTHING. We've gone on trail rides where I had people flat out tell me that I was going to kill myself because I wasn't riding a QH or a mule because the terrain was so tough. Yankee not only kept up, but he had less problems than some of the other horses did! People changed their tune by the end of the day :-)

Rusty(Saltflats Bar Jack) is my show horse. We do a lot of different shows, everything from speed events to western pleasure. I've had him a year & a half now but I'm still not sure I want to keep him. He's still fairly young(5) and still has his own ideas of what he wants to do. He's the most loveable horse on the entire planet, almost to the point of being annoying lol

This is Twitch, my husbands horse. He does a little of everything with this horse.

And this is Tequila(JBSBLUTEQUILA), my husband's other horse. She is 3. He's been working with her a lot but he hasn't actually gotten on to get her started under saddle yet. He loves her.

Nicole
Farmgirl # 4209
www.bearpawphotography.weebly.com
www.KShappyhomemaker.wordpress.com

laurentany
True Blue Farmgirl

3259 Posts

Laurie
Patchogue NY
USA
3259 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2012 :  10:35:13 AM  Show Profile
Beautiful, Beuatiful horses Nicole!
Thank you so much for sharing your babies with us!
Hugs,

~Laurie
"Little Hen House on the Island"
Farmgirl Sister#1403

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away..
Go to Top of Page

crittergranny
True Blue Farmgirl

1096 Posts

Laura
Lindrith NM
USA
1096 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2012 :  3:50:51 PM  Show Profile
OOOh I like em! Let me know if you decide to sell Rusty.
Laura

Horse poor in the boonies.

www.nmbarrelhorses.com
Go to Top of Page

Hosanna
True Blue Farmgirl

466 Posts

Hosanna
Alton Virginia
466 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2012 :  10:23:10 PM  Show Profile
Yay for OTTBs! We currently have five we got in PA off the track directly. They are a challenge as far as being hard keepers! If we didn't cut and bale our own hay there is no way we could afford to have five. We didn't get second cutting last year and ended up buying hay for a couple of months..... it was really expensive. :/ I have to feed mine high fat feeds in the winter months, too. But they're worth it; I love mine; they're the greatest horses ever.

www.happilyeverafterhosanna.blogspot.com
www.thewindofheaven.blogspot.com
www.CarolinaRoses.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Hosanna
True Blue Farmgirl

466 Posts

Hosanna
Alton Virginia
466 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2012 :  10:24:22 PM  Show Profile
Yay for OTTBs! We currently have five we got in PA off the track directly. They are a challenge as far as being hard keepers! If we didn't cut and bale our own hay there is no way we could afford to have five. We didn't get second cutting last year and ended up buying hay for a couple of months..... it was really expensive. :/ I have to feed mine high fat feeds in the winter months, too. But they're worth it; I love mine; they're the greatest horses ever.

Go to Top of Page

Hosanna
True Blue Farmgirl

466 Posts

Hosanna
Alton Virginia
466 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2012 :  10:25:08 PM  Show Profile

Go to Top of Page

sherrye
True Blue Farmgirl

3775 Posts

sherry
bend in the high desert oregon
USA
3775 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2012 :  07:11:15 AM  Show Profile
i want to say you sure are talented with the camera i went to your site nice pics there too. happy days to you sherrye

the learn as we go silk purse farm
farm girl #1014
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2012 :  4:36:52 PM  Show Profile
What absolutely beautiful horses. I can tell you love them all. Hugs to all of them. Thanks for sharing their pictures.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
The Beautiful Pacific NW Washington State
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2012 :  03:17:57 AM  Show Profile
Oh so pretty. Tequila looks like she will be fun.
Marianne
Go to Top of Page

JerseyGirl
True Blue Farmgirl

181 Posts

Michele
Southern NJ
USA
181 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2012 :  04:54:20 AM  Show Profile
So pretty!
Go to Top of Page