shanda
True Blue Farmgirl

522 Posts

Shanda
Broken Bow OK
USA
522 Posts

Posted - Jun 14 2012 :  8:23:04 PM  Show Profile
Good news! Have fun hunting for new goodies!
Go to Top of Page

goneriding
True Blue Farmgirl

1599 Posts

Winona
Central Oregon
USA
1599 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2012 :  08:11:16 AM  Show Profile
Well, things are still doing well. Sold yet more stuff. The lady I mentioned above, we saw her yesterday and asked her to do another look-see, see what she thought. She liked our booth. Said to not over-stuff it like too many people do. She's paring hers down a bit, too much to see and people can't get to everything then move on, losing her a sale.

Another funny thing about our antler windchimes...a guy told us yesterday that some people don't think the antlers are real and then don't think the chime is worth the price. Oh yes, he told her, the antlers are real, we have an antler/hide license too. We never thought people would think they aren't real, especially after we have told them. I'm making a sign to put up at the booth. Covering that base!!

And lastly, after doing some garage sale-ing yesterday, we decided to only hit the estate sales and moving sales. The general yard sales seemed to have only the junque that people didn't want to throw away and hoped to make a dollar. That's fine but it's usually not stuff we want to resell. The estate sales are really good. It's sort of weird to go through a house and buy things, those things made up someone's life! However, the heirs don't have a prob selling the things, I don't have a prob buying them, provided we agree on price. The moving sales are good because people are just flat unloading the works, the good with the not-so-good.

My website: http://antlersantiqueswindchimes.weebly.com

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2012 :  09:25:31 AM  Show Profile
Such great news!!!! Congrats to you and your hubby.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7597 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7597 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2012 :  2:22:01 PM  Show Profile
Yes I have found out those are the best places to buy things to... You never know what you might find.

Life begins each morning...Each morning is the open door to a new world-new vistas, new aims, new tryings.

By, Leigh Hodges
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Across the Fence: Previous Topic Guess what, guess what!!! Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page