Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Barnyard Buddies
 Water pipes to your hen house?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Barnyard Buddies: Previous Topic Water pipes to your hen house? Next Topic  

magnoliakathy
True Blue Farmgirl

453 Posts

Kathryn
Magnolia Texas
USA
453 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2012 :  10:23:46 AM  Show Profile
How many of you have water piped to your hen house?? I am so fortunate to have not only water pipes but automatic waterers in all my pens. Yesterday, the goat girls broke the main pipe. This morning I was rounding up buckets to cart water down to all the pens this afternoon, but DH is out there right now mending it, and he got off work at 6am this morning and has to go back in at 6pm today. I am so lucky to have this man and to have shared life with him for going on 27 years. he says it is temporary and he will install a cutoff vavle at the barn, so i don't have to go all the way to the well house to shut off the water when these things happen. I hope some of you are as lucky as I am.

When you free your mind your heart can fly. Farmgirl # 714,

sissarge
True Blue Farmgirl

502 Posts

Linda
Montgomery Texas
USA
502 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2012 :  10:46:48 AM  Show Profile
Hello Kathryn, its been a while since we talked. I still would love to get together sometime. We are very lucky to have hubbys that will help no matter what.

I have water piped to my chicken yard, and a sink I repurposed from a 50 gallon drum barrel, and a water hose attached to the extra spigot so I can take it and water the chicken waterers. I have 3 chicken houses right now. I just had 2 hens hatch out baby chicks and 2 more setting and due around the 15th of June. The hen house I am working on now, I want to run water to inside the run and have the automatic waterers.

I have been plenty busy, now the heat has hit and I have slowed down, other than getting out about 7 in the morning and working till about 10:30 or so and then back out after 6 in evening. I wish it would rain or we will be like last year all dirt almost.
Have a great day! Farmgirl #946 Linda

Go to Top of Page

batznthebelfry
True Blue Farmgirl

1257 Posts

Michele
Athol Ma
USA
1257 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2012 :  11:57:59 AM  Show Profile
oh what a wonderful hubby you have....I wish I had water in my hen houses but I am lucky to have electricity since I built the coops in the shop I have to give them extra protection from the animals & weather up here....someday I ill have water in the shop which I know will be a big help to me as I get older but for now I have a spicket outside the house that helps greatly with that...I too have a rain barrel I made with a spicket that I use for watering the gardens & cleaning the chicken feeders & water containers but since the water gets icky I don't use it for drinking water for the chickens yet...I do have an idea to use charcoal fish cleaners to help with that just have to set it up to see how well it will work for them......Michele'

Chickens RULE!
hen #2622
theoldbatzfarm.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page
  Barnyard Buddies: Previous Topic Water pipes to your hen house? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page