Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Fabulous Farm Collectibles
 *Farmgirl Swap
 Dotee Doll JUNE Swap - Partners Posted!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic Dotee Doll JUNE Swap - Partners Posted! Next Topic
Page: of 3

Madelena
True Blue Farmgirl

1919 Posts

Mary
Central TX
USA
1919 Posts

Posted - Jun 22 2012 :  03:21:05 AM  Show Profile
Brenda..

Your Dotie girl is doing well, and she is planning to embark on her trip today! Hope you enjoy.

Mary # 3153

"There is no unbelief: Whoever plants a seed beneath the sod and waits to see it push away the clod, he trusts in God." (Kate Douglas Wiggin)
Go to Top of Page

Marylyn
True Blue Farmgirl

316 Posts

Marylyn
Ellsinore MO
USA
316 Posts

Posted - Jun 22 2012 :  11:23:27 AM  Show Profile
Maddie, I searched and searched the patriotic swap and finally found a picture of your tree and your son on page 5....it is gorgeous!!! Your son is very handsome. Yeah, I think Libby will blend right in!!! All red, white, and blue!!!!

Thanks,

Auntie M
Farmgirl # 4062
That which does not kill me, only serves to make me stronger!...unknown to me.
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7583 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7583 Posts

Posted - Jun 22 2012 :  3:48:16 PM  Show Profile
I would love to see your Airforce tree, Maddie, I will look it up.

Life begins each morning...Each morning is the open door to a new world-new vistas, new aims, new tryings.

By, Leigh Hodges
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7583 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7583 Posts

Posted - Jun 22 2012 :  3:51:26 PM  Show Profile
Oh now I remember seeing it.. It is a beautiful tree, I think I commented on it when I saw it the first time. It is a wonderful tree and just gives me chills to see it....
Have a wonderful day Maddie.
darlene

Life begins each morning...Each morning is the open door to a new world-new vistas, new aims, new tryings.

By, Leigh Hodges
Go to Top of Page

Jeanna
True Blue Farmgirl

267 Posts

Jeanna
Franklin NC
USA
267 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2012 :  6:02:47 PM  Show Profile
I received my dotee doll a little while back. But things were crazy here so I didn't get on to thank annielaure. I will try to get pictures up soon. I am almost finished with my dotee doll, I know wait until the last minute. I will be sending her on her way Friday.

Jeanna
Farmgirl Sister #41

Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined.
Henry David Thoreau

Edited by - Jeanna on Jun 26 2012 6:04:35 PM
Go to Top of Page

Marylyn
True Blue Farmgirl

316 Posts

Marylyn
Ellsinore MO
USA
316 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2012 :  12:27:59 PM  Show Profile
Okay, gfs...I need help....I started a new Dotee Doll for July; however, I cannot get her little face right...the one I sent Maddie was not what I wanted either...so my questions are what are you using to paint the faces and where can I purchase it and do I have to give up using felt for the face? I am bumfuzzled and I need your help!

Thank you so much,

Auntie M
Farmgirl # 4062
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2012 :  2:02:16 PM  Show Profile
I use fine felt tipped permanent markers and don't have trouble with them. Some I have received have been
Embroideried.

Blessings
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7583 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7583 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2012 :  9:36:37 PM  Show Profile
I tried felt and it smeared I use the white lining material and it is easier to draw on. I can't remember the correct name for it it give the material body but I can draw on it or embroider on it,I am happier with that but would like to do new things for the faces also.
I love it no matter what though.

By, Leigh Hodges
Go to Top of Page

Marylyn
True Blue Farmgirl

316 Posts

Marylyn
Ellsinore MO
USA
316 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2012 :  04:52:29 AM  Show Profile
Thank you, Darlene...so I guess I have to stop using the felt because I bought fabric markers! If you look up 'Dotee Dolls' on uTube there are all kinds of different faces for them and videos on how to make them...that's where I learned to make them....thank you, again, helping me!

Love,

Auntie M
Farmgirl # 4062
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7583 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7583 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2012 :  8:07:01 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Marylyn,
I will have to look at that more closely...it is fun to see all the different faces and types of Dotee dolls anyway.
hugs
darlene

By, Leigh Hodges
Go to Top of Page

Madelena
True Blue Farmgirl

1919 Posts

Mary
Central TX
USA
1919 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2012 :  4:00:46 PM  Show Profile
BRENDA
Thank youfor the precious precious Dotee.

She has red hair.. a fiery lass ! And sports a genuine Americana red, white and blue dress. A sweet little demure smile on her face. And a lovely Flag Day sentiment with a scotty dog came too.

I am trying to see if I can scan her to post her picture. I think she is now hanging out with my new Dottee swap doll. If I can get the scan to work, you all will be able to "ooh and ahhh" over my new Star Spangled Dotte girl !!

Thanks again Brenda.. She is precious..
Mary Jane

"There is no unbelief: Whoever plants a seed beneath the sod and waits to see it push away the clod, he trusts in God." (Kate Douglas Wiggin)
Go to Top of Page

brightmeadow
True Blue Farmgirl

2045 Posts

Brenda
Lucas Ohio
USA
2045 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2012 :  5:31:28 PM  Show Profile
Madelena, I am so glad you liked her.

You shall eat the fruit of the labor of your hands - You shall be happy and it shall be well with you. -Psalm 128.2
Visit my blogs at http://brightmeadowfarms.blogspot.com (farming) http://brightmeadowknits.blogspot.com (knitting) or my homepage at http://home.earthlink.net/~brightmeadow
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic Dotee Doll JUNE Swap - Partners Posted! Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page