Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 Anybody watching Hatfields/McCoys on History chnl?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Anybody watching Hatfields/McCoys on History chnl? Next Topic
Page: of 2

emsmommy5
True Blue Farmgirl

1547 Posts

Angie
Buckley WA
USA
1547 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2012 :  12:44:01 PM  Show Profile
We tivo'd all three episodes. It was fascinating and disturbing at the same time. My husband's dad used to run around with some of the Hatfield's when he was a kid, so that made it even more interesting to Dh.

Even though there are some times in our country's past that aren't so bright, it is still interesting to me to learn about them. I think it is always good to take a look at history so we don't repeat the bad and promote the good. There were definitely good things one could take from the story if you looked for it.

Do what you love, love what you do.
Go to Top of Page

delicia
True Blue Farmgirl

917 Posts

delicia
cincinnati ohio
USA
917 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2012 :  3:58:11 PM  Show Profile
Angie you are so right. Are you from Buckley WV? I have some friends from there.
Go to Top of Page

Joey
True Blue Farmgirl

1868 Posts

Joey
Gulf Coast FL
USA
1868 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2012 :  9:00:41 PM  Show Profile
My DDs MILs people are from West VA and Kentucky. She is related to BOTH the Hatfields and the McCoys, so this is a "family movie" and they have watched it all including my 10 yo grandgirl. They say it is pretty accurate. I haven't seen it. Several years agoo my DH and I went to see the graveyard where they are all buried. It was interesting. Enjoyed the wild beauty and remoteness of the place. Will watch it when it is out on DVD. Joey

Well behaved women rarely make history.
Go to Top of Page

MagnoliaWhisper
True Blue Farmgirl

2817 Posts

Heather
Haysville Kansas
USA
2817 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2012 :  7:35:14 PM  Show Profile
If you pre-order the DVDs you get 15 percent off, it's 29.99 for all of it right now, plus 5 dollars shipping/handleing.

http://www.heathersprairie.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

rphelps4
True Blue Farmgirl

620 Posts

roxanna
westport indiana
USA
620 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2012 :  7:45:32 PM  Show Profile  Send rphelps4 a Yahoo! Message
Last night they ran all six hours back to back so I got to watch it. It was good just hard to set that long, but I did some knitting so I felt busy. I was kind of sad when it was over! Roxanna
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Across the Fence: Previous Topic Anybody watching Hatfields/McCoys on History chnl? Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page