Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Farm Kitchen
 Favorite recipe to make in your Kitchenaid
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic Favorite recipe to make in your Kitchenaid Next Topic  

one_dog_per_acre
True Blue Farmgirl

1572 Posts

Trish
Sandpoint ID
USA
1572 Posts

Posted - May 29 2012 :  06:19:40 AM  Show Profile
DH bought me a kitchenaid! So far I have made flour tortillas and orange brownies. What is your fave thing to make in yours?

Next I want to try pie crust.

“It always looks darkest just before it gets totally black.”-Charlie Brown

Megan
True Blue Farmgirl

155 Posts

Megan
Hudson South Dakota
USA
155 Posts

Posted - May 29 2012 :  07:32:10 AM  Show Profile
I love to make bread in mine!

www.rockriverexoticsandkennel.net
Go to Top of Page

sissarge
True Blue Farmgirl

502 Posts

Linda
Montgomery Texas
USA
502 Posts

Posted - May 29 2012 :  08:07:25 AM  Show Profile
I have had my kitchenaid since 1985 WOW! that is a long time. got it for my anniversary. I use it for a lot of things. Cakes, brownies, breads, anything! Mashed potatoes are great in it. It is still in good shape, and runs great, I bought my DIL one for Christmas (bright red) I love all the new colors, my is the old almond color, you know light beige. Would love a blue one, but this one will probable last the rest of my days. Enjoy it and all the things it will do for you. Farmgirl #946 Linda
Go to Top of Page

laurzgot
True Blue Farmgirl

1683 Posts

Laurie
Alvin Texas
USA
1683 Posts

Posted - May 29 2012 :  08:53:56 AM  Show Profile
I also make everthing in mine and just love it. Cakes, icings, breads,mashed potatoes you name it.
Laurie

suburban countrygirl at heart

http://www.etsy.com/people/lauriescott60
Aprons and More
Go to Top of Page

gramadinah
True Blue Farmgirl

3557 Posts

Diana
Orofino ID
USA
3557 Posts

Posted - May 29 2012 :  09:22:17 AM  Show Profile
When you want to shred chicken put the paddle attachment while the chicken is hot put in the bowl an viola shredded chicken.

60 min rolls in the cook book it came with are GREAT.

Diana

Farmgirl Sister #273
Go to Top of Page

soapmommy60543
True Blue Farmgirl

2197 Posts

Ann
Oswego IL
USA
2197 Posts

Posted - May 29 2012 :  12:12:59 PM  Show Profile
My favorite thing to make in mine is anything I have to bake! It does such a great job with cakes especially.
Mine is silver, and if I were to have to replace it, I'd get the pretty aqua color they have now. Thinking of finding a way to do vinyl hot rod flames just for fun...

Wife of terrific hubby and mom to 2 teenagers, 2 bunnies, 2 geriatric goldfish, and the best dog in the world!

Check out my blog: http://www.suburbanprairiehomemaker.com
and follow me on Facebook (Suburban Prairie Homemaker), Twitter (@sphomemaker), and Pinterest (Suburban Prairie Homemaker)

Go to Top of Page

acairnsmom
True Blue Farmgirl

1319 Posts

audrey
cheyenne wy
1319 Posts

Posted - May 29 2012 :  2:14:02 PM  Show Profile
I love, love, love my KitchenAid! I use it to make bread and last summer I had a particularly dense loaf and wound up stipping the gears on her! I was devastated but I took her in and had her repaired and though she doesn't act as spry as she once was she's still great for cakes and cookies, mashed potatoes and such. For Mother's Day DH got me a new 575 watt, 6 qt, Professional Model! Woo Hoo! I haven't had a chance to use the new one and I almost feel like I'm cheating on my original, lol!

Try this recipe for a fabulous loaf of bread that is super easy! The recipe says to mix the flour in by hand but I just keep adding it to the mixer!

Ann's No-Knead Bread

Combine and set aside:
2 c. flour
1/4 c. sugar
1 T. salt (I use Kosher salt)
4 1/2 teaspoons (2 pkgs.) active dry yeast

Heat until warm:
1 c. water
1 c. milk
1/4 c. vegetable oil

Have on hand:
1 egg
2 to 2 1/2 c. flour
Butter

Mix egg with the liquids, then stir the wet ingredients into the flour mixture. Blend at lowest speed on mixer, then blend on medium for 3 minutes. By hand stir in another 2 to 2 1/2 c. flour. Cover, let rise 50 minutes until light and doubled in size. Stir down. Spoon into greased 6" x 9" loaf pan. (If your pan has short sides you might want to split it up and put it in two smaller pans; it rises quite a bit. I think my pan is actually 5" x 8".) Bake at 350 degrees F for 30-40 minutes. Brush top with butter.

I got this off of the Posie Gets Cozy blog (one of my absolute fav blogs)
http://rosylittlethings.typepad.com/posie_gets_cozy/baking_and_cooking/page/2/

Audrey

http://prairiecairncottage.blogspot.com/
Good boy Hobbs! I love and miss you.
Go to Top of Page

Annab
True Blue Farmgirl

2900 Posts

Anna
Seagrove NC
USA
2900 Posts

Posted - May 31 2012 :  03:43:58 AM  Show Profile
So jealous.............

That is the holy grail in the culuniry world. Instead of drooling over a Vitamix (that continues to get mixed reviews on Amazon) I ought to continue saving and set my sights on one of these instead!

I bake cookies at least weekly in the winter, so we all know it would be a worthy investment.

Thank you for helping me reset my sights
Go to Top of Page

one_dog_per_acre
True Blue Farmgirl

1572 Posts

Trish
Sandpoint ID
USA
1572 Posts

Posted - May 31 2012 :  06:18:19 AM  Show Profile
Last night I made Red Velvet cupcakes with cream cheese frosting. mmmmmm
I am not planning on getting that much fatter, so I sent them to work with David.

I searched kitchenaid healthy recipes, and all I found were meringue cookies. lol

Go to Top of Page

one_dog_per_acre
True Blue Farmgirl

1572 Posts

Trish
Sandpoint ID
USA
1572 Posts

Posted - May 31 2012 :  06:21:50 AM  Show Profile
I got it from craigslist for $160. The lady used it about 4 times and paid $399.
quote:
Originally posted by Annab

So jealous.............

That is the holy grail in the culuniry world. Instead of drooling over a Vitamix (that continues to get mixed reviews on Amazon) I ought to continue saving and set my sights on one of these instead!

I bake cookies at least weekly in the winter, so we all know it would be a worthy investment.

Thank you for helping me reset my sights

Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7618 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7618 Posts

Posted - May 31 2012 :  4:51:40 PM  Show Profile
I got mine at Montgomery Wards years ago and have used it for everything, but I make cakes in mine mostly and knead bread in it also. I think I will try that bread recipe, it looks good and easy...I think if I get another one someday it will be a sunshine yellow one....great for an area that is cloudy alot.
Thanks for the recipe

Life begins each morning...Each morning is the open door to a new world-new vistas, new aims, new tryings.

By, Leigh Hodges
Go to Top of Page
  Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic Favorite recipe to make in your Kitchenaid Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page