Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 The "Queen" . .02/01/13 . . final "goodbye"
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic The "Queen" . .02/01/13 . . final "goodbye" Next Topic
Page: of 7

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2013 :  09:17:01 AM  Show Profile
Well, here comes the tears. Sorry CJ. I know you and your family will have only happy memories of Skye. Hugs to you.I will say a prayer for you and Skye.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

Calicogirl
True Blue Farmgirl

5216 Posts

Sharon
Bruce Crossing Michigan
USA
5216 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2013 :  09:44:18 AM  Show Profile
CJ,
I am so sorry for your loss. It is so hard losing a furry family member. I have been and will continue to keep you and Bill in prayer.

By His Grace, For His Glory
~Sharon
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13625 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13625 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2013 :  11:07:31 AM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Thank you girls!
I did have a bit of a grieving session this morning when I remembered when I got Skye from the shelter back in the summer of 1996. She was not a tiny kitten, she was about 10 months old. I took her out of the cage at the shelter that she was sharing with other cats up for adoption. She IMMEDIATELY snuggled into my arms, started purring and dug in when I had to put her back in the cage. . . . she wasn't mine yet so I couldn't take her but she ABSOLUTELY DID NOT WANT to go back in there. The adoption was mutual!
Thanks again!
CJ

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665.
2010 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
Mother Hen: FARMGIRLS SOUTHWEST HENHOUSE

my aprons - http://www.facebook.com/FarmFreshAprons

living life - www.snippetscja.blogspot.com

from my hands - www.cjscreations-ceejay.blogspot.com

from my heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

from my hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2013 :  12:10:51 PM  Show Profile
Ok, I can barely type through my tears for you... but my heart breaks for you...and Skye...
Blessing to you that you guys had each other for 17years...which we feel like is never long enough...
hugz hugz hugz....

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom and Glamping Diva!

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

GirlwithHook
True Blue Farmgirl

922 Posts

Alyce
Madison WI
USA
922 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2013 :  12:24:12 PM  Show Profile
*hugs* I am so sorry....

A hook, a book, and a good cup of coffee....
Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
The Beautiful Pacific NW Washington State
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2013 :  12:32:15 PM  Show Profile
CJ, so sorry you lost her the way you did. I don't know if it is better knowing, but as I shared with you before, sometimes I am a coward and just want to think she knew she was going to go and wanted to save you from finding her and found a lovely place to fall to sleep...
I know you will miss her forever. Thinking of you.
Marianne
Go to Top of Page

kysheeplady
True Blue Farmgirl

1291 Posts

Teri
KY
USA
1291 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2013 :  1:37:40 PM  Show Profile
CJ,
so sorry about your Skye ... it is so hard not knowing. But you have so many wonderful memories. She will always bring a smile to your face, that will never stop.

Teri

"There are black sheep in every flock"

White Sheep Farm
www.whitesheepfarm.com
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7593 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7593 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2013 :  2:40:23 PM  Show Profile
CJ
I just read your goodbye to little Skye and am sharing my tears for her also. I know how you feel it is so hard to let one go when they are part of your family. I know God is with her. You take care sweet lady....Blessings to you
love darlene

I have learned that to have a good friend is the purest of all God's gifts, for it is a love that has no exchange of payment.
by Frances Farmer

I trust in you Jesus...
Go to Top of Page

Joey
True Blue Farmgirl

1868 Posts

Joey
Gulf Coast FL
USA
1868 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2013 :  3:06:17 PM  Show Profile
Oh CJ, I'm crying too. They just fill up you heart with unconditional love. She was blessed to have you for 17 years and I know she blessed you too. Skye was such a beautiful cat who gave so much love. I pray that your many years of memories will be of comfort for you and your family. Hugs, Joey

Well behaved women rarely make history.
Go to Top of Page

laurzgot
True Blue Farmgirl

1672 Posts

Laurie
Alvin Texas
USA
1672 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2013 :  5:30:49 PM  Show Profile
My tears are falling and hard to type CJ. Skye was very lucky to have ya'll for her family. My prayers are with you CJ. Great big farmgirl hugs.
Laurie

"Smile and be yourself everyday"
Country girl at heart
Laurie

Aprons and More by Laurie is on my FB page. www.facebook.com Aprons and More by Laurie/2487022
www.etsy.com/people/Aprons And Home Decor
Go to Top of Page

emtfarmer
True Blue Farmgirl

222 Posts

Darlene
North Carolina
USA
222 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2013 :  5:32:57 PM  Show Profile
CJ, my heart hurts for you. But looking at Skye's picture, you can just see the love in the air. How blessed you both have been.

You're in my prayers.

Darlene

"Support your local fire departments and rescue squads...volunteers making a difference"
Go to Top of Page

HemetGardener
True Blue Farmgirl

573 Posts

Terri
Hemet CA
USA
573 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2013 :  6:47:26 PM  Show Profile  Send HemetGardener a Yahoo! Message
Oh CJ, I am so sorry about your cat. I lost the last of my two brother cats in October (his brother passed the previous October). I had them 15 and 16 years. I watched him take his last little breath as he lay on my living room floor, then I knew he was gone. I am sitting here crying like a baby as I relate this, but I tell you what, I would much rather have them wander off, when it is their time to go, than watch their little spirits leave their bodies.
I will always cling to that little bit of hope that maybe they will return, or I will see them again someday, either here or there. God Bless you CJ, he loves you and the little animals too. I hope you find comfort in that.
Terri
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7593 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7593 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2013 :  7:15:14 PM  Show Profile
Oh Terri
I know how you feel about your cats, I have had several pass with me there but they wanted to be held or close when they did pass. It is very hard for each time it happens.
I love each one I have and have had in my life they have all been very special.
hugs.
darlene

I have learned that to have a good friend is the purest of all God's gifts, for it is a love that has no exchange of payment.
by Frances Farmer

I trust in you Jesus...
Go to Top of Page

HemetGardener
True Blue Farmgirl

573 Posts

Terri
Hemet CA
USA
573 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2013 :  7:43:56 PM  Show Profile  Send HemetGardener a Yahoo! Message
Thank you Darlene, my California buddy. I am fortunate to always have a supply of animals. Some find me, I find some and others need to be relocated. The two cats I have now are brother and sister, a male Orange Tiger Tabby with the bull's eye on the side and a female all black. They needed a new home so my daughter brought them over, knowing I would take them. I love my babies.
Terri
Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2013 :  04:54:46 AM  Show Profile
Cj,
So very sorry! Your tribute was beautiful!
Take care......

Hugs,
Linda

Country at Heart
Go to Top of Page

hoosiercountry
True Blue Farmgirl

572 Posts

karla
north port fl
USA
572 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2013 :  08:19:18 AM  Show Profile
Dear Ceejay, with tears after reading you good-bye to Skye post I am sending you a big heartfelt hug. I had hopes of her returning home, so very sorry for your loss. Hugs Karla
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48

13625 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13625 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2013 :  12:22:07 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Thank you so much girls for you prayers and care. And, thank you for sharing tears with me . . . that just says more about the hearts of you farmgirl friends!
Thank you!
CJ

Go to Top of Page

HemetGardener
True Blue Farmgirl

573 Posts

Terri
Hemet CA
USA
573 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2013 :  1:29:08 PM  Show Profile  Send HemetGardener a Yahoo! Message
CJ,
I was watching the Eukanuba Dog Show yesterday and the dog who won was named "Skye". I hope that gives you a little comfort and maybe even a chuckle. Sweet coincidence.
Terri
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2013 :  4:25:40 PM  Show Profile
Oh CJ, I just read this and am so sad for you!I loved the beautiful tribute you wrote to Skye. I also wish that you could have had closure with her, but I also agree with the fellow farmgal who said that Skye knew it was her time to go, and just left. We had a cat do that before.
I read a quote years ago that I want to share with you. I'm sorry that I don't know who wrote it. But it has always been a comfort to me at times like this!
"God Gave Us Memory....So That We Might Have Roses In December!"
Big hugs to you CJ! Love ya girl!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"Hey...Don't Make Me Put My Hands On My Hips!"
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2013 :  6:31:32 PM  Show Profile
Aw.. CJ. I'm so sorry. I just read your goodbye. I really was hoping that Skye would come home. You're still in my heart and prayers. Love you, sister!

Judy - I absolutely LOVE that quote! Thank you so much for sharing! Wonderfully true!

Hugs -

Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

Go to Top of Page

ceejay48

13625 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13625 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2013 :  08:07:55 AM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Thank you Judy!
Thanks to ALL of you!

Every time I look at her picture I remember how soft she is, how quiet and content she was to be in my lap, how she followed me around just to be wherever I was and how she became a "velcro" cat at night in my lap (she settled right in and didn't move much or want to be moved).
Then, dang it, I get all teary again!
I know . . . it'll become less "fresh" with time.
Thanks again!
CJ

Go to Top of Page

LeighErica
True Blue Farmgirl

306 Posts

Erica
PA
USA
306 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2013 :  08:13:29 AM  Show Profile
Dear CJ, my heart is breaking for you. This is truly one of the hardest parts of being a pet owner. Whatever the circumstance for her disappearance....I know her memories will bring you healing joy in the future. Big Farmgirl Hugs to you my friend...Erica
Go to Top of Page

delicia
True Blue Farmgirl

917 Posts

delicia
cincinnati ohio
USA
917 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2013 :  09:20:55 AM  Show Profile
I am so sad for your loss. I am also so happy that you had Skye in your life and she was able to bring you so much pleasure.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 7 Across the Fence: Previous Topic The "Queen" . .02/01/13 . . final "goodbye" Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page