HorseyNut
True Blue Farmgirl

78 Posts

Allena
MO
USA
78 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2006 :  2:51:53 PM  Show Profile
I'm going to pop and I can't stand it. I am not due until Oct 5, but I am ready to get baby William evicted! Last week he was turned breech (little stinker) so now I don't know which end is up. My Doctor isn't well trained in breech births and it's the kind that is dangerous (footling). So now (after 3 other babies) I may have to have a c-section. I can't even get myself to wish for labor because what if he isn't turned yet. GRRR. I'm crabby and ready and needing prayers and positive thoughts.

Anyone else ready for birth and cranky about it? I hate waiting.

Love begins at home, and it is not how much we do...but how much love we put in that action. - Mother Teresa

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2006 :  3:11:22 PM  Show Profile
I think he should get turned so you can have him on MY birthday (Oct. 1st) it is all I want..really!!! heehee
My second son was 2 weeks late and huge (9lb 7oz when he finally came out) and I KNOW how you feel. Everyone was totally avoiding me and I just sat and drank lemonade and did crossword puzzles and whined that last week. I will sure keep you in my thoughts and prayers. William is a beautiful name, by the way!!

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

bramble
True Blue Farmgirl

2044 Posts

2044 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2006 :  3:15:26 PM  Show Profile
My baby was positioned just like yours and on the way to the delivery room he flipped into position so don't give up hope!
I remember what you are feeling and you will be in my thoughts and prayers...for a great outcome and patience to wait for it! Ultimately you have to do what is best for you and the baby, so...
this time might be a whole new ball game. Welcome... by the way!

with a happy heart
Go to Top of Page

GaiasRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2552 Posts

Tasha-Rose
St. Paul Minnesota
2552 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2006 :  3:49:05 PM  Show Profile
Allena, take a peek at this site....

http://www.mybreechbirth.com/index.htm

you don't have to have a c-section with a footling. Plus, you still have a couple of weeks for him to turn...

~*~Brightest Blessings~*~
Tasha-Rose
Go to Top of Page

sunshine
True Blue Farmgirl

4877 Posts

Wendy
Utah
USA
4877 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2006 :  4:02:32 PM  Show Profile  Send sunshine a Yahoo! Message
it is very easy for a baby to do flip flops in just a few minuets I woudn't worry about that to much yet. you still have 2 weeks and it definatley doesn't take that long to turn.

I wish you and your little bundle of boy well
sunshine

have a lovely day and may God bless you and keep you safe
my web store www.sunshines.etsy.com my other web store http://vintagethreads.etsy.com/
my blog http://sunshinescreations.blogspot.com/ my google page http://sunshine.harbaugh.googlepages.com/home
Go to Top of Page

GaiasRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2552 Posts

Tasha-Rose
St. Paul Minnesota
2552 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2006 :  4:04:36 PM  Show Profile
here is another:

http://www3.sympatico.ca/ramonalisa/breech_of_trust_drs.html

you should google footling breech and homebirth footling breech and vaginally birthing footling breech.

Just FYI: I am a Trust Birth Facilitator and a Take Birth Back Rep in MN, so I am a huge advocate of homebirth particularly unassisted birth. Granted you are having your baby ina hospital, so for women like yourself, I hope that you make an informed determination and not an assumed determination based only on what your doctor says.

Just wanted to pass on a little info and knowledge!!

:D

~*~Brightest Blessings~*~
Tasha-Rose
Go to Top of Page

Leezard
True Blue Farmgirl

950 Posts

Elizabeth
Novi MI
USA
950 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2006 :  8:05:50 PM  Show Profile
Sending prayers and positive thoughts your way hon! I'm sure it'll all happen in it's own time and all will be well. Keep you head up...I'm sure it will all be worth it in the end :)
Go to Top of Page

Celticheart
True Blue Farmgirl

811 Posts

Marcia
WA
USA
811 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2006 :  10:02:33 PM  Show Profile
My first baby was a frank breech(butt first) and the doctor couldn't get her feet down. I had her that way and we both did just fine. Of course it was 30 years ago --just about the time they started routinely doing C-sections for breech births. We were very lucky that my doctor was older and knew how to deliver a breech. Some of them nowdays have never done it because they all are C-sections just about.

Also FYI---the tendency seems to run in families. For instance, my great grandma had one, my mom had one(me), her sister had one, I had one, my sister had 2(twins, 1 footling, 1 frank), and so far one of my nieces has had one. The only one that had a c-section was my niece.

"I suppose the pleasure of country life lies really in the eternally renewed evidence of the determination to live." Vita Sackville-West

Go to Top of Page

Celticheart
True Blue Farmgirl

811 Posts

Marcia
WA
USA
811 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2006 :  10:04:15 PM  Show Profile
I forgot to add Good Luck!

Marcia

"I suppose the pleasure of country life lies really in the eternally renewed evidence of the determination to live." Vita Sackville-West

Go to Top of Page

Meg
Moderator/Farmgirl True

974 Posts

Meg
Idaho
USA
974 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2006 :  11:50:22 AM  Show Profile
Allena,

Just thinking of you and sending good thoughts for William to turn again! By October 1, because that's my birthday too and it's a great day to be born.

Many positive pregnant thoughts and farmgirl love to you...

MaryJane's daughter,

Meg
megan@maryjanesfarm.org
Go to Top of Page

BarefootGoatGirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1495 Posts

Corrine
North Carolina
USA
1495 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2006 :  1:52:01 PM  Show Profile  Send BarefootGoatGirl a Yahoo! Message
Allena,
Best of luck! I hope you are delivered safely and soon. God mad babies to be birthed, He knows how to get the job done.

From another Mama of four, Trina

'
Be thou diligent to know the state of thy flocks, and look well to thy herds. Proverbs 27:23
Go to Top of Page

HorseyNut
True Blue Farmgirl

78 Posts

Allena
MO
USA
78 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2006 :  2:02:18 PM  Show Profile
News Flash he TURNED. HOORAY! Here if you have a breech your stuck with a c-section because nobody has experience in it. Some of the midwives might, but I prefer a hospital birth for myself. Lucky for me it's a moot point.

I am still crabby and wanting to have it happen now.

Jenny thanks for the idea I'll try some crosswords, I often don't get time to post on here unless I'm useless. Most of my posts were made when I had morning sickness and was stuck on the couch. LOL

An update for you I spoke to you about sheep and I now have 2 shetlands, one half shetland half merino and 2 merinos. The cross has the most AMAZING fleece you have ever seen. I can't wait to get it off her...

Love begins at home, and it is not how much we do...but how much love we put in that action. - Mother Teresa
Go to Top of Page

HorseyNut
True Blue Farmgirl

78 Posts

Allena
MO
USA
78 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2006 :  2:09:15 PM  Show Profile
I forgot, My Mom's Birthday is on the 1st too! I would love to have him then. The full name is William Franklin. I like classical names, we have; Dominic Allen, Elizabeth Ruth, and Teresa Marie.

Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2006 :  3:47:50 PM  Show Profile
Allena - praying for you and your little one! Sounds like all is going the way it should!

Peace
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2006 :  5:18:21 PM  Show Profile
OOOOOH...shetland/merino..what an amazing cross that would be!! Oh so soft!!!
I have sheep to shear if it would stop raining!! I have my moorit Icelandic/churro cross ewe lamb with her first fleece ready and it looks to be soft and pretty...a wonderful cocoa brown like her mom was when she was younger. She is going to her new home (my sis in law wants her so bad that I am gifting her...since I can visit any old time) after being sheared. My black ewe has a nice fleece too and will be ready soon.
I am so glad the baby turned!! Hooray!!

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

HorseyNut
True Blue Farmgirl

78 Posts

Allena
MO
USA
78 Posts

Posted - Sep 28 2006 :  4:53:12 PM  Show Profile
Still no baby, I'm 38 weeks four days. I had contractions for the last two days every 10 minutes. Some of them hurt! I asked the Dr what I could do to speed things up. Ironicly it's the same thing that got me into this situation. LOL

Go to Top of Page
  Parenting & Farm Kids: Previous Topic Mego-Prego Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page