ModernishHomemaker
True Blue Farmgirl

58 Posts

Amy
Colorado
USA
58 Posts

Posted - May 23 2012 :  8:48:31 PM  Show Profile
Anyone use(d) the Diva Cup? What did you think of it? Was it worth it? Easy to use?

I've been seriously considering it, but it's pricey, don't want to take the plunge unless I'm sure I'll actually use it.

Thanks for the info!

***---***---***---***---***---***---***---***---***---***---***---***---***---***
I'm just a 20-something girl making a home for me (and my dog) and waiting for the family to fill it!

---

modernishhomemaker.blogspot.com
---
outdooramy.blogspot.com

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - May 23 2012 :  9:20:18 PM  Show Profile
Yes! LOVE it! Totally worth it, totally easy to use. Much more sanitary that the "usual" alternatives, and better for the environment, too! The farmgirls had a discussion about this last year (or maybe it was two years ago - tempus fugit!), and I took the plunge. I'd never go back. I bought mine from GladRags.com, and every now and then I receive emails from them informing me of sales and discount promotion codes, which is really nice. I don't have a current discount code to share, but you can find them online if you do a search. I think they also offer discounts through Facebook. I would definitely recommend the Diva - I think you'll be very happy with it, Amy! :) - Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

Go to Top of Page

pennyhenny
True Blue Farmgirl

304 Posts

Missy
Dayton OH
USA
304 Posts

Posted - May 24 2012 :  06:05:32 AM  Show Profile
I've been looking at them on Amazon.com because the prices are the best I find. Everyone I talked to raves about the cup.

hugs,
-missy-

http://citychickblogging.blogspot.com/

Sisterhood Member#4003

Happiness held is the seed; Happiness shared is the flower.
John Harrigan
Go to Top of Page

rksmith
True Blue Farmgirl

858 Posts

Rachel
Clayton GA
USA
858 Posts

Posted - May 25 2012 :  3:09:15 PM  Show Profile
It is the most awesome thing ever invented.

Rachel
Farmgirl Sister #2753

True enlightenment is nothing but the nature of one's own self being fully realised-- His Holiness the Dali Lama

www.madameapothecary.com
Go to Top of Page

22angel
True Blue Farmgirl

498 Posts

Pam
Manitoba
Canada
498 Posts

Posted - May 25 2012 :  4:34:18 PM  Show Profile
I love mine too! I found mine at a natural health food store with the health & beauty supplies. It still takes me awhile, but now that Mother Nature is evening out some, it's so much more convenient & better than hauling all of the "supplies" around. Not that I still don't, just in case, but it's not an emergency. Can't even tell it's there. Have you checked out their website?

Life isn't about finding yourself. It's about creating yourself.

"When I grow up, I want to be dirt." seen on a box through construction in Wyoming 2010
Go to Top of Page

herbquilter
True Blue Farmgirl

891 Posts

Kristine
Bonney Lake Wa
USA
891 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2012 :  9:49:35 PM  Show Profile
I have used one for over 10 years now...boy time flies. Love it. Though on the first heavy day I use a folded square of soft flannel as a panty liner, in case of over-flow.

Blessings,
Kristine ~ Mother of Many, Herbalist, Master Energy Intuitive

http://herbalmommasda.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

michgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

148 Posts

Mary
Glendale WI
USA
148 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2012 :  5:40:42 PM  Show Profile
I like it a lot a lot! Except when I am at school - public sinks make them inpossible to use them then. But at home it is the BEST!
Go to Top of Page

LouisvilleMom
True Blue Farmgirl

246 Posts

Kathryn
Louisville KY
USA
246 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2012 :  6:51:18 PM  Show Profile
Love it! The only time I has a leak (there is TMI ahead) was yesterday when I forgot about it and left it for 24 hours. Luckily I was at home. I will NEVER go back to tampons. Tinight I am buying a few washable maxi pads from Etsy. It took me a few years to buy it because of the price but now I am kicking myself for waiting so long. As hot as this summer has been I really appreciate it.

SAHM mom to four great boys.

http://ksfarnsworth.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

fiddlegirl89
True Blue Farmgirl

232 Posts

Kayla
Dunnville KY
USA
232 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2012 :  11:38:59 AM  Show Profile  Send fiddlegirl89 an AOL message  Send fiddlegirl89 a Yahoo! Message
I love mine!

www.crazykcreates.blogspot.com

www.crazykcreates1.etsy.com

Go to Top of Page

Karlee2147
Farmgirl in Training

34 Posts

Karla
White City OR
USA
34 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2012 :  10:05:48 AM  Show Profile

I am a nurse practitioner who specializes in women's health, they are great, reusable, and comfortable for all of my clients. I would recommend it.

Karla Reinhart MSN, FNP-C
Go to Top of Page

star-schipp
True Blue Farmgirl

942 Posts

Starletta
Middletown Indiana
USA
942 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2012 :  09:07:33 AM  Show Profile
I loved my diva cup! I'm peri-menopausal now but would so recommend it. It is easy, comfortable and who wants to pay the high price for tampons!

If you can't feed one hundred people, then just feed one. -Mother Teresa

Star - farmgirl sister #1927

Master Food Preserver
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wwEh7WR/]
Go to Top of Page

showthemlove
True Blue Farmgirl

50 Posts

Vanessa
Vermillion SD
USA
50 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2012 :  6:02:10 PM  Show Profile
Very eco-way to go. I did wonder, once, if the vacuum suction caused clotting later on...ended up having lots of issues with that but probably not related. Anyone else have that? The Diva cup is FDA approved, but that really doesn't mean much.

I love the upper Midwest!
Go to Top of Page

Butterscotch Grove
True Blue Farmgirl

196 Posts

Melissa
Fairbanks AK
196 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2012 :  6:00:55 PM  Show Profile
Love mine. It's SOOOO nice not to have that trash bag full of icky stuff - it all just gets flushed away. And no worries about running out. If you have very heavy days when you are out of the house, you might want to use a pad as back up, but the instructions that came with mine suggested that you can just wipe out the cup with tissue if you have to empty it in a public bathroom. I'm not that brave!

My blog:

http://ButterscotchGrove.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

Rosemary
True Blue Farmgirl

1825 Posts

Virginia
USA
1825 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2012 :  6:17:40 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Butterscotch Grove

...the instructions that came with mine suggested that you can just wipe out the cup with tissue if you have to empty it in a public bathroom.

Did they really recommend that? I wouldn't want toilet paper "lint" trapped between the cup and my cervix. Seems like it might cause an infection.

When I was still having periods and using a menstrual cup, I just carried a small paper cup with me in my purse and filled it with water on my way into a stall. I just emptied the cup into the toilet and shook it around in the cup of water to freshen it. You can figure out the rest of the routine, I'm sure.
Go to Top of Page

MTNSunshine
True Blue Farmgirl

111 Posts

Sunny
Tollhouse CA
USA
111 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2012 :  6:48:48 PM  Show Profile
Love mine!! I bought 2 for when I have to go out and about during my cycle. I keep the extra clean one in my purse so I don't have to worry about cleaning it in a public sink. You also need to research the correct type of soap to use so it doesn't damage the cup over time.

Proud FarmGirl #914 ;o)

Edited by - MTNSunshine on Nov 08 2012 6:52:32 PM
Go to Top of Page

hialtfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

72 Posts

Terri
WA.
USA
72 Posts

Posted - Nov 20 2012 :  04:47:41 AM  Show Profile
Anything like that for incontinence?

"LOVING" life at 4000 feet..."LOVE" is a very splendid thing...
Go to Top of Page

Kendra Homestead-Girl
Farmgirl in Training

22 Posts

Kendra

USA
22 Posts

Posted - Dec 13 2012 :  6:04:00 PM  Show Profile
I know it's been a few months since this was posted, but I have to chime in here :) I got my Diva Cup about three months ago. My first thought... it was kinda scary looking, lol! But, I determined to give it a try. After reading the instructions like five times, I took a deep breath and did what it said to do. As soon as it was in, I had a flash of panic run through me, "Oh crap, what if it's stuck?! What if I can't get it out?" It was like a bad Seinfield/Elaine moment, lol. I had to force myself to remain calm while I read over the trouble shooting section of the instructions which assures you that it's not stuck. Since it was already in place, I decided to leave it in for a while just to see how it feels. I didn't feel it at all, really. After about an hour I took it out, just to make sure I could. It took some fishing around (TMI... so sorry!!) before I could get the tip in my pinch-grip, but I was able to retrieve the cup. (whew!) I think I might have inserted it too far or maybe crooked that first time. Anyways... that kinda freaked me out, but I kept at it and now that I've had it for a few months I REALLY love it. I'm still trying to master removing it without it hurting for that split second as it comes out (is that normal?), but it's SO much better than the alternatives. I'd highly recommend them! I apologize for the immodesty here, I just hope this might be helpful :)

~~Visit me at newlifeonahomestead.com!~~
Go to Top of Page
  Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic Diva Cup? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page