Sue Feely
True Blue Farmgirl

1044 Posts

Sue
Buffalo New York
USA
1044 Posts

Posted - May 23 2012 :  4:45:49 PM  Show Profile
There are 22 of us involved in a local swap exchange, we send small items made in our area to our partners elsewhere in the US! Look below at what we received from our partners!

Sue Feely
True Blue Farmgirl

1044 Posts

Sue
Buffalo New York
USA
1044 Posts

Posted - May 23 2012 :  5:02:10 PM  Show Profile
It's Sue Feely. My partner was Darlenelovesart from Loleta CA.

From Darlene I received: A jar of honey from a farm in her town, also a beautiful beeswax candle, a jar of eel river relish that is used on hamburgers and roast beef since 1946 and also a couple of postcards from her area! Thanks so much Darlene - Love it, just what I was hoping to see in creating this swap!

Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7582 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7582 Posts

Posted - May 23 2012 :  7:53:24 PM  Show Profile
Great! Enjoy, they are good.

Life begins each morning...Each morning is the open door to a new world-new vistas, new aims, new tryings.

By, Leigh Hodges
Go to Top of Page

Leilaht
True Blue Farmgirl

155 Posts

Elizabeth
Highland MI
USA
155 Posts

Posted - May 26 2012 :  05:46:44 AM  Show Profile
Michelle sent me some goat's milk soap and lotion she made herself. I put them both in my kitchen to use there. I love goat's milk soap. Thank you Michelle. Enjoy your visit with the grandkids.

Liz

Strength and honor are her clothing; and she shall rejoice in time to come.

Proverbs 31:25
Go to Top of Page

sweettea59
True Blue Farmgirl

1236 Posts

Sherry
Longview Texas
USA
1236 Posts

Posted - May 28 2012 :  07:46:16 AM  Show Profile
Diana, Thank you so much for my Scentsy. The scent smells so good, My Wish was the name. My very first one and I just love it.

Hugs and Springtime Wishes
Sherry
Farmgirl #2215
www.etsy.com/shop/markiebuck

"Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap, but by the seeds that you plant."
Robert Louis Stevenson
Go to Top of Page

Nana Shirl
True Blue Farmgirl

352 Posts

Shirley
Kit Carson Colorado
USA
352 Posts

Posted - May 28 2012 :  3:48:38 PM  Show Profile  Send Nana Shirl a Yahoo! Message
How fun for you girls...!! Nice lil gifts...Blessings

You can't get a cup of tea big enough or a book long enough to suit me. ~C.S. Lewis
Go to Top of Page

MiaBella
True Blue Farmgirl

100 Posts

Michelle
New Caney TX
USA
100 Posts

Posted - May 29 2012 :  10:22:12 AM  Show Profile
Here is what I received from Liz:

The Lemon Honey Cream is really good on a Honey Fig Scone

I am going to give the toys to a little boy that is the same age as one of my grand-daughters. His mama is a very good friend of mine, like another daughter.

Thanks LIZ!

Michelle
Farmgirl Sister #4097

MiaBella Farm
New Caney, TX
www.miabellafarm.com
Go to Top of Page

Leilaht
True Blue Farmgirl

155 Posts

Elizabeth
Highland MI
USA
155 Posts

Posted - May 30 2012 :  4:37:20 PM  Show Profile
You're welcome. I know some people don't know any toys are still made in the USA. If I hadn't had to mail it you would have gotten one of the big ones. lol

Liz

Strength and honor are her clothing; and she shall rejoice in time to come.

Proverbs 31:25
Go to Top of Page

MiaBella
True Blue Farmgirl

100 Posts

Michelle
New Caney TX
USA
100 Posts

Posted - May 31 2012 :  08:08:32 AM  Show Profile
Aw,thanks Liz, he is only 2 so will love the toys!

Michelle
Farmgirl Sister #4097

MiaBella Farm
New Caney, TX
www.miabellafarm.com
Go to Top of Page

sweettea59
True Blue Farmgirl

1236 Posts

Sherry
Longview Texas
USA
1236 Posts

Posted - May 31 2012 :  1:09:29 PM  Show Profile
Diana, Your package went out today! Enjoy

Hugs and Springtime Wishes
Sherry
Farmgirl #2215
www.etsy.com/shop/markiebuck

"Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap, but by the seeds that you plant."
Robert Louis Stevenson
Go to Top of Page

gramadinah
True Blue Farmgirl

3557 Posts

Diana
Orofino ID
USA
3557 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2012 :  7:33:56 PM  Show Profile
Sherry it arrived today I will post a picture later. I did have to make some biscuits for dinner so test he jelly and syrup YUMMMMMMMYYYYY!!!!!!

DH loved the hook thing he uses them all the time and neither on of us new they were made in Texas.

This was fun.

Farmgirl Sister #273
Go to Top of Page

Rustic Reb
True Blue Farmgirl

97 Posts

Rebecca
Pickford Michigan
97 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2012 :  05:53:18 AM  Show Profile
How do I get involved in this swap? I am enjoying a post card swap with some sisters. Fun!

Don't be sorry that it's over... Be glad that it happened.
Go to Top of Page

Fiddlehead Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

4562 Posts

Diane
Waupaca WI
USA
4562 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2012 :  10:36:57 AM  Show Profile
Rebecca Strauss,
Your box of WI goodies will be in tomorrow's mail.

http://studiodiphotosite.shutterfly.com/
farmgirl sister #922

I am trying to be the person my dogs think I am.

I get up every morning determined to both change the world and have one hell of a good time. Sometimes this makes planning my day difficult.
- E. B. White
Go to Top of Page

Madelena
True Blue Farmgirl

1919 Posts

Mary
Central TX
USA
1919 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2012 :  1:55:28 PM  Show Profile
KATIE... Wonderful Gift.... The honey from your own hives.. AWESOME ! And to think that you would share seeds from your Great Grandmothers Sweet Peas.. so thoughtful.. Thank you.. The Scrubby was also a wonderful addition to the family..It went to work the first night getting a stuck on label off my big enamel ware stewing pot... You are soo very thoughtful..Thank you so much !.

Mary Madelena
Go to Top of Page

nana5
True Blue Farmgirl

312 Posts

Rebecca
Jackson MI
USA
312 Posts

Posted - Jun 07 2012 :  04:55:47 AM  Show Profile
I can't post pictures, but I received the nicest box from Diane yesterday. A mug, candy, beef jerky,locally made soap and Wisconsin cheese shaped like a cow! All of this plus the cutest card made from a photo of a cat with knitting! (2 of my favorite things!) Thank you so much Diane for spoiling me with such a wonderful box, it was a real treat to open it! I am looking for one more thing to place in your box and it will be on its way. I started packing it last night, recycling your box! Thank you again for your every kindness.
Rebecca

Everyday is a new beginning.
Go to Top of Page

Fiddlehead Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

4562 Posts

Diane
Waupaca WI
USA
4562 Posts

Posted - Jun 07 2012 :  05:07:35 AM  Show Profile
I am so glad you like your box, Rebecca! This swap was a fun one!

farmgirl sister #922

I get up every morning determined to both change the world and have one hell of a good time. Sometimes this makes planning my day difficult.
- E. B. White
Go to Top of Page

SpyChicken
True Blue Farmgirl

436 Posts

Christine
Fond du Lac WI
USA
436 Posts

Posted - Jun 07 2012 :  07:40:04 AM  Show Profile
Hi Heather! Just wanted to say a BIG thank you for the wonderful "locally made" package you sent!!!! The notecards are so beautiful-I can't wait to use them (I do quite a lot of letter writing)...the package arrived tied with beautiful ribbons and a tag and a wonderful letter-it was the best!!! Thank you so much for putting in the time to create the lovely notecards-I really appreciate it! :)

I'm sending your package today-I do hope you will like it!

Farm Girl Hugs,
Christine
Go to Top of Page

bananachicken
True Blue Farmgirl

67 Posts

Ginny
Ohio
USA
67 Posts

Posted - Jun 07 2012 :  7:16:25 PM  Show Profile
Deb!! Thank you so very much for the awesome Blue Ridge Paying Cards!! I absolutely adore them! And I love playing cards! What a fun way to really capture this theme of a local swap. I love all the pictures on the cards and the info is so interesting. Thank you for the magazine too! I loved this. I have the cards on display on a shelf, but fully intend on breaking them out! :) Thank you again, this was really fun! :)

"I should be having tea right now."
-Lady Annalía Elisabet Catherina Tristán Llorente
Go to Top of Page

nana5
True Blue Farmgirl

312 Posts

Rebecca
Jackson MI
USA
312 Posts

Posted - Jun 08 2012 :  6:47:50 PM  Show Profile
Dear Diane,
Your box is on its way. I put an ice pack in it inside a plastic bag, so I hope your goodies don't melt! It is coming priority so you should get it Monday or Tuesday. I hope you will enjoy.
Rebecca

Everyday is a new beginning.
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6592 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6592 Posts

Posted - Jun 09 2012 :  1:05:50 PM  Show Profile
Melissa aka "Primitive Diva"~ Your wonderful package of surprises arrived today and everything was just so wonderful and Fragrant!

AS you can see, there are some lovely items from Sunshine Farm: Citrus Basil soap & Lemon Balm Spearmint Herbal Tea; Plus a handcrafted blend of Yerba Mate, camomile, Lavendar and Hibiscus tea made by Melissa. Thank-you too for such a sweet note and I can't wait to see photos of your new farm!!!

Thank-you for making my day so special!

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Go to Top of Page

erowease
True Blue Farmgirl

294 Posts

Lesley
Edmonds wa
USA
294 Posts

Posted - Jun 10 2012 :  5:03:33 PM  Show Profile
I just received my package from Portia. She sent me some State Fair Spiedie sauce and a Chicken sauce. Can't wait to try them at my next barbeque. What's great is I also received information about the sauce and ways to use the sauce. Thank you so much.

By the way, mine is on its way.

Lesley
"I see God in the eyes of every child...every life is precious to God, whatever the circumstances." Mother Teresa
Go to Top of Page

coaloha
True Blue Farmgirl

502 Posts

Pam

USA
502 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2012 :  09:51:56 AM  Show Profile  Send coaloha an AOL message
Hi Elaine....I am a bit behind, but your package is going out tomorrow : )

Warmly,
Pam

Pam
Farmgirl #1075
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7582 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7582 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2012 :  10:39:45 AM  Show Profile
Hi Sue
What a wonderful package I received today! Thank you so much! I will have to try all those sauces soon. Summer is here perfect time to try them. I am really anxious to try the wing sauce, I love hot wings so yum, The Ciavetta's Barbeque Marinade will be great to cook all my favorite meats, it does so many things such as sauce and marinating. Yum, and mustard is my favorite and I like horseradish alot so that will be great on my sandwiches. The hotdog sauce is going to be great! I could make that for a pot luck for chili dogs. Oh I am getting hungry already! Thanks so much, wish you were here we could have a bbq!
Have a wonderful day and thanks for holding the Locally Made Swap. It was fun and thank you for the lovely note card.
hugs Darlene

Life begins each morning...Each morning is the open door to a new world-new vistas, new aims, new tryings.

By, Leigh Hodges
Go to Top of Page

Fiddlehead Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

4562 Posts

Diane
Waupaca WI
USA
4562 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2012 :  10:50:28 AM  Show Profile
My swap partner Nana5 (Rebecca) sent me the most wonderful package today!

She sent: a couple of Jiffy Corn Muffin Mixes and recipe book (all local), a Drakes's Crispy Fry Mix, a box of Gilbert Chocolates that I sampled right away, a local handmade bar of soap that smells wonderful, a little soy candle, some note cards and post cards and the cutest pair of slippers she knit! She also sent me a very sweet and interesting letter about her town and surrounding area. I really enjoyed the little note that told of her Grandma being a chocolate dipper at the Gilbert Chocolate factory! Thank you so much Rebecca!

farmgirl sister #922

- E. B. White
Go to Top of Page

ptroupe
True Blue Farmgirl

1752 Posts

Portia
Johnson City NY
USA
1752 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2012 :  11:31:57 AM  Show Profile
Lesley,

I am so glad you liked your sauces. They are the BEST! We love them, and they are made right here in Binghamton, NY. I left out a button for you to wear when I mailed your package, so I put it in an envelope and mailed it Saturday. Wear it with pride!!

I will let you know when I receive mine.

Hugs,
Portia

Wishing for the country life!
Go to Top of Page

Sue Feely
True Blue Farmgirl

1044 Posts

Sue
Buffalo New York
USA
1044 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2012 :  1:01:35 PM  Show Profile
I see that this local swap is going well; I am so happy that I thought of it!

I love reading what everyone got in their packages! I do notice though that some ladies are missing their packages; if you have not done so already, please send out your packages to your partners!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic Local Swap Gifts Come See!!!! Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page