Penny Wise
True Blue Farmgirl

1903 Posts

Margo
Elyria OH
USA
1903 Posts

Posted - May 21 2012 :  04:10:11 AM  Show Profile
my eldest granddaughter gave me a simple hanging impatients plant and it was hanging outside our apt slider door-this morning it's gone--i am so ready to cry!!!

just another event in the list of vandalism....

what truly makes people think that they have that right??????

Farmgirl # 2139
proud member of the Farmgirls of the Southwest Henhouse
~*~ counting my pennies and biding my time; my dreams are adding up!~*~

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6616 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6616 Posts

Posted - May 21 2012 :  05:31:24 AM  Show Profile
Oh Margo I am so sorry, how sad that someone would stoop that low and steal your plant.
Hugs,
Debbie

If you are lucky enough to live in the mountains you are lucky enough.
www.etsy.com/shop/CollectThisTreasures
www.etsy.com/shop/MountainWingsAntique
http://debbielynnf.blogspot.com
http://myworld.ebay.com/debbt
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - May 21 2012 :  05:46:16 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
That is really too bad!! I am sorry that your mother's day gift was stolen- at least they can not steal the love with which it was given!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wff7Xpc/]

[/url]
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Gladstone Mi.
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - May 21 2012 :  06:09:48 AM  Show Profile
That is just terrible!!!! How come there are so many people that are so heartless and don't care about others feelings or personal property. I hope you find a nicer place soon that you can trust having your things outside without worry.

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

http://hardatworkcrafts.blogspot.com

http://Jan49829.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - May 21 2012 :  12:46:15 PM  Show Profile
Margo...that is awful! I have a lot of things on my Porch and I am always worried someone will
steal something off of it. I try to remember that everything I own is merely borrowed from God...
even my children. That helps me keep things in perspective.

My little sister however has a favorite saying (got it off a bumper sticker) that says
"MEAN PEOPLE SUCK"!

So, whatever makes you feel better, go for it!

But like Alee said, "nobody can steal the love that was given with the gift to you
from your grand-daughter." So Rejoice In that and wear it on your Heart!

Hugs and Love,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!
Go to Top of Page

laurentany
True Blue Farmgirl

3259 Posts

Laurie
Patchogue NY
USA
3259 Posts

Posted - May 21 2012 :  1:16:13 PM  Show Profile
Wow- thats about all I can muster up! I just can't believe that someone would steal a plant off your deck! I don't know WHY I can't belive it in this day and age, but I can't. So sorry this happened to you! I like what Alee said about the love still being there! Very true!
Hugs to you!

~Laurie
"Little Hen House on the Island"
Farmgirl Sister#1403

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away..
Go to Top of Page

ruthie218
True Blue Farmgirl

1425 Posts

Ruthie Ann
Indiana
USA
1425 Posts

Posted - May 21 2012 :  1:27:19 PM  Show Profile
Im so sorry!!! People are heartless these days.
Ruthie Ann

http://simpleindianagirl.blogspot.com/

Farmgirl sister#4072
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - May 21 2012 :  3:39:46 PM  Show Profile
Stealing a Mother's Day plant is just NOT right. Sorry that happened to you.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

sjmjgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

566 Posts

Stephanie
Mt. Vernon Iowa
USA
566 Posts

Posted - May 21 2012 :  4:54:04 PM  Show Profile
Don't people have anything better to do than to steal a plant? Seriously?
When I lived in an apartment, I had some clothes stolen from the laundry room. I posted a "Dear Thief" note on the washer and said that if my items werent returned I would consider calling the police, then I called my landlord. (Of course I would never take up police time with that type of thing, but the thieves didnt need to know that!)Miraculously, they showed up a couple of days later. Maybe you should do the same. Just remember, plants can be replaced. Keep your chin up!

Farmgirl Sister # 3810

Learn the rules so you know how to break them properly.
- Dalai Lama

April is Autism Awareness month. Autism affects 1 in 88 children (1 in 54 boys, including my son). Go to http://www.autismspeaks.org/ to learn more and help Light It Up Blue on April 2nd!

Edited by - sjmjgirl on May 21 2012 4:56:12 PM
Go to Top of Page

oldbittyhen
True Blue Farmgirl

1511 Posts

tina
quartz hill ca
USA
1511 Posts

Posted - May 21 2012 :  6:50:02 PM  Show Profile
hang a sign in its place, letting all that pass by what happened and what it meant to you, put a letter in your local paper about it, and maybe the theif will feel bad and return it...

"Knowlege is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad"
Go to Top of Page

bananachicken
True Blue Farmgirl

67 Posts

Ginny
Ohio
USA
67 Posts

Posted - May 21 2012 :  8:07:00 PM  Show Profile
That is horrible! I'm sorry. That is so odd that someone would steal something like that?!! What would they do with it??? I agree with Alee too, the love cannot be stolen.

"I should be having tea right now."
-Lady Annalía Elisabet Catherina Tristán Llorente
Go to Top of Page

Sue Feely
True Blue Farmgirl

1044 Posts

Sue
Buffalo New York
USA
1044 Posts

Posted - May 22 2012 :  06:37:35 AM  Show Profile
You have got to be kidding me, ugh, what is this world coming to?!!!
Go to Top of Page

texdane
Farmgirl Legend Chapter Leader Chapter Guru

4658 Posts

Nicole
Sandy Hook CT
USA
4658 Posts

Posted - May 22 2012 :  1:17:20 PM  Show Profile
Margo,
That is horrible. I would want to cry, too. People are just so evil sometimes. If you lived closer, I'd bring you one of mine!

Hugs,

Nicole

Farmgirl Sister #1155
KNITTER, JAM-MAKER AND MOM EXTRAORDINAIRE
Chapter Leader, Connecticut Simpler Life Sisters

Suburban Farmgirl Blogger
http://sfgblog.maryjanesfarm.org/
Go to Top of Page

Jeanna
True Blue Farmgirl

267 Posts

Jeanna
Franklin NC
USA
267 Posts

Posted - May 22 2012 :  4:14:09 PM  Show Profile
One of our local elementary schools planted a pretty little garden of different flowering bushes one spring a few years back the weekend before mothers day. Someone stole them all Mothers day weekend. I just thought I wish the mothers knew where their presents came from.

Jeanna
Farmgirl Sister #41

Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined.
Henry David Thoreau
Go to Top of Page

crittergranny
True Blue Farmgirl

1096 Posts

Laura
Lindrith NM
USA
1096 Posts

Posted - May 23 2012 :  05:39:45 AM  Show Profile
Be careful they don't start breaking in when you are gone. Lock up Sweetie.

Horse poor in the boonies.

www.nmbarrelhorses.com
Go to Top of Page

pennyhenny
True Blue Farmgirl

304 Posts

Missy
Dayton OH
USA
304 Posts

Posted - May 24 2012 :  05:43:45 AM  Show Profile
Oh that is just awful. I hope the bandit who STOLE it feels bad every-time they look at it. How could anyone enjoy looking at it when they know it was stolen? Let your neighbors know so that they can be on the look out and can protect what they have.

hugs,
-missy-

http://citychickblogging.blogspot.com/

Sisterhood Member#4003

Happiness held is the seed; Happiness shared is the flower.
John Harrigan
Go to Top of Page

crittergranny
True Blue Farmgirl

1096 Posts

Laura
Lindrith NM
USA
1096 Posts

Posted - May 24 2012 :  07:53:03 AM  Show Profile
Some people like it better if it's stolen. Really people like that just steal cause they like to. I have some neighbors that used to come while I was at church. They would take the weirdest stuff. The feeling of violation was the worst part. If they had asked I would have just given the stuff they wanted. Sheesh...But really people that steal little stuff like that will come back for more, lock up. You have a creepy neighbor around somewhere and it's probably someone you know well. Have little things been coming up missing lately and you have been just thinking you misplaced them? Also is there someone that the dog doesn't like for some reason? I hope it was a 1 time thing for you but just be aware :)
Laura

Horse poor in the boonies.

www.nmbarrelhorses.com
Go to Top of Page

Bella
True Blue Farmgirl

274 Posts

Karen

USA
274 Posts

Posted - May 25 2012 :  12:13:28 PM  Show Profile
So sorry that this happened. It is always such a violation when someone steals from us. The person who stole your plant is right up there with the low lifes who take flowers off of graves. I've been told that the plants taken from graves will show up at flea markets. A thief is a thief. Say a prayer that the person who did this will be convicted. Hopefully, the plant will wither in their hands.

"Just living is not enough, said the butterfly. One must have freedom, sunshine and a little flower." -Hans Christian Anderson
Go to Top of Page

Lainey Lou
True Blue Farmgirl

158 Posts

Lainey Lou (Elaine)
Marietta Ga
USA
158 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2012 :  11:11:00 PM  Show Profile
Oh Margo,

I am soooooo sorry that happened to you. I just don't think people think of the big picture or the possibilities of their actions anymore. It is like stealing money out of the offering plate, and it just irks me. I agree with the lady who said to post a sign in it's loss about what happened and where it came from. Not that it lessens the hurt but when things like that happen to me I just try to offer them up to God and believe that someone needed it more than I did and be grateful I had it for awhile, like Alee said it is the thought that counts and that love can't be taken. If wishes were fishes,etc. I truly believe you would have more flowers than you could deal with from all of us farmgirls, so chin up we all love ya and smell all those imaginary flowers!

Hugzz,

Lainey Lou #3848

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we're here we might as well dance.
Go to Top of Page

beachymom
True Blue Farmgirl

467 Posts

Kathy
Manchester Tennessee
USA
467 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2012 :  05:30:20 AM  Show Profile
Margo - what a terrible thing to have happened to you. Your loving daughter gave you a plant that she picked out with her very own hands then gave it to you to enjoy and to remember her love for you. To have someone then steal that away must have been an awful grief to you.

I agree with everybody that it was a horrible act of vandalism and that the person who stole your plant should be held accountable for their actions. However, I believe we should also do as Jesus said -- "Pray for them that do us harm". Remember what torment their soul is headed for. They need all the prayers they can get to try to 'come clean' and to be more aware that their actions, while they hurt the person they steal from, hurt their own eternal soul more.

I believe greatly in "turn the other cheek", but put an extra lock on the door. My Granny (my great-grandmother) always told me to remember that Jesus came not for the righteous, but for the wicked, so we ought to pray hard for our friends, but harder for our enemies. Isn't that the farm girl spirit?

Hugs and Squishies!!

Kathy

Farmgirl Sister #3983

Take care of the land and it will take care of you.
Go to Top of Page
  Garden Gate: Previous Topic Mother's Day plant stolen! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page