Page: of 3

Kelly43
True Blue Farmgirl

349 Posts

NJ
USA
349 Posts

Posted - Oct 13 2006 :  8:50:29 PM  Show Profile
Shirley, I'm a little behind and a little new at this so it will be a little while longer, sorry.
Kel
Go to Top of Page

Shirley
True Blue Farmgirl

734 Posts

Shirley
Olympia Wa
USA
734 Posts

Posted - Oct 13 2006 :  11:17:38 PM  Show Profile
thats ok Kelly. Yours will be in the mail very soon
shirley
Go to Top of Page

Kelly43
True Blue Farmgirl

349 Posts

NJ
USA
349 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2006 :  5:26:20 PM  Show Profile
I'm so excited and thank you for understanding.
Kelly
Go to Top of Page

Mumof3
True Blue Farmgirl

3890 Posts

Karin
Ellenwood GA
USA
3890 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2006 :  3:27:14 PM  Show Profile
Heidi- Your package went in the mail today. I thought I had best get it out to you. There will be another one coming as well. I have come to the realization that embroidery is not my forté. I hope you like your towel:)

Karin
Go to Top of Page

lambgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

93 Posts

Heidi
Ellensburg wa
USA
93 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2006 :  5:31:36 PM  Show Profile
Karin,
I am sure I will love it! Have you received your package yet?

Heidi
Go to Top of Page

Mumof3
True Blue Farmgirl

3890 Posts

Karin
Ellenwood GA
USA
3890 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2006 :  7:02:15 PM  Show Profile
Heidi- Your package arrived!! When I saw your post, I went out to check the front porch and there it was!! My goodness- I was not expecting such a gift! The towel is beautiful, the bucket is perfect for my sponges, the needle case and needle threaders are so cute (and useful for these aging eyes!) The little plate now holds those yummy tiny soaps you sent. My bathroon smells divine!!
I sent out another envelope to you with a bit of a surprise in it. I hope get it soon!!

Karin
Go to Top of Page

lambgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

93 Posts

Heidi
Ellensburg wa
USA
93 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2006 :  5:43:50 PM  Show Profile
Karin,

I am so glad you liked the extra goodies. I couldn't help myself from sending a little extra just because. The Apron and Tea Towell are absolutely gorgeous. You very talented. I can hardly wait to show it off.

Heidi
Go to Top of Page

Mumof3
True Blue Farmgirl

3890 Posts

Karin
Ellenwood GA
USA
3890 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2006 :  7:31:36 PM  Show Profile
Oh, yay!! You got them! I did not have a large enough envelope, so had to send them in 2. I have to get some bigger ones!! I am so happy that you like them. It really was fun embroidering the towel. Well, frustrating and fun! :)

Karin
Go to Top of Page

Shirley
True Blue Farmgirl

734 Posts

Shirley
Olympia Wa
USA
734 Posts

Posted - Oct 27 2006 :  10:29:47 PM  Show Profile
To Kelly43,
I mailed your tea towel from the 1st swap, yesterday(wed) so you will be getting it soon
Go to Top of Page

Kelly43
True Blue Farmgirl

349 Posts

NJ
USA
349 Posts

Posted - Oct 30 2006 :  04:40:41 AM  Show Profile
Shirley,
You're a sweetie, I'll let you know as soon as it arrives. I'm almost done with yours, hopefully by tomorrow. Then I'll get it in the mail right away!! I am relly enjoying doing this.
Kelly
Go to Top of Page

Tina Michelle
True Blue Farmgirl

6948 Posts

Tina
sunshine state FL
USA
6948 Posts

Posted - Oct 30 2006 :  12:28:59 PM  Show Profile
:0( haven't gotten my tea towel yet..and can't send an email to the gal that was my swap partner either..I dunno what happened. I already sent mine out.

~Seize the Day! Live, Love, Laugh~
Go to Top of Page

candismom
True Blue Farmgirl

560 Posts

Elizabeth

560 Posts

Posted - Oct 30 2006 :  2:33:24 PM  Show Profile
Hi Tina.
I tried emailing her too and got it back. If you don't hear from her by the end of the week I will make you a towel and send it to you.
Hugs,
Elizabeth
Go to Top of Page

Tina Michelle
True Blue Farmgirl

6948 Posts

Tina
sunshine state FL
USA
6948 Posts

Posted - Oct 30 2006 :  5:51:07 PM  Show Profile
ah Elizabeth..that is so sweet of you..I guess things like that do happen from time to time..I just didn't want to start getting a "bad taste" about doing the swaps like this..as it certainly has been lots of fun...and I try very hard to get the items out in a timely manner and to be as fair as I can be.
But I don't want you to have to go out of your way.I'll send you something in return..might not be a tea towel as I have to make even more of those now...as I did join in on tea towel swap number 2 and a few other swaps going on right now..but if you'll send me your address I'll certainly send you something sweet in return.
Farmgirl hugs, Tina

~Seize the Day! Live, Love, Laugh~
Go to Top of Page

candismom
True Blue Farmgirl

560 Posts

Elizabeth

560 Posts

Posted - Oct 31 2006 :  06:01:03 AM  Show Profile
Hi Tina,
I spoke to Carol at the Hen House and she is working on things with me too. We will get to the bottom of this. I don't want anyone to have a bad taste for swaps.
Hugs,
Elizabeth
Go to Top of Page

Kelly43
True Blue Farmgirl

349 Posts

NJ
USA
349 Posts

Posted - Oct 31 2006 :  3:46:46 PM  Show Profile
Shirley, It came!!!! It came!!!! It is so lovely, I love redwork. The soap smells so yummy and I love the strawberry. I have sheep so the felting fits right in with my decor. You are so generous. I have finished yours but won't get to the post office until at least Thurs. so it will be a few more days. Thank you so much again. I will display it with pride, you're wonderful.
Kel
Go to Top of Page

Shirley
True Blue Farmgirl

734 Posts

Shirley
Olympia Wa
USA
734 Posts

Posted - Oct 31 2006 :  11:47:14 PM  Show Profile
Your welcome Kelly, it was fun making the things.Im glad you like them :)
Shirley
Go to Top of Page

Shirley
True Blue Farmgirl

734 Posts

Shirley
Olympia Wa
USA
734 Posts

Posted - Nov 17 2006 :  10:50:07 PM  Show Profile
Kelly43, I got your tea towel, its so nice and cute pattern
also thanks for the handmade dish cloth and the soap, I was so excited when I went to the mail box.this is so much fun
shirley
Go to Top of Page

sewgirlie
True Blue Farmgirl

1894 Posts

Sheryl-lyn
Calverton NY
USA
1894 Posts

Posted - Nov 18 2006 :  6:10:02 PM  Show Profile
Hi Jayne:

I was thinking that you should have gotten my package by now. They said it would arrive within ten days and it has been that already. Let me know if you do not get it by Monday since I can try to check with the post office. I know that it takes a little longer to get to Australia, but it should not be more than the ten days they said it would take. I am looking forward to hearing from you!! :)

Sheryl-lyn
Go to Top of Page

daffodil dreamer
True Blue Farmgirl

805 Posts

Jayne
Hamilton Victoria
Australia
805 Posts

Posted - Nov 19 2006 :  10:02:32 PM  Show Profile
Sheryl-Lyn,
It just arrived and the smell when I opened it was divine!! How did you know that would have to be one of my favourite smells?! I have some sachets with a similar fragrance that I hang above the fireplace at Christmas. The tea towels are just gorgeous - and two! I am so lucky!
Everyone, Sheryl-lyn sent me two tea towels (one with chickens and one with a snowman as these are what I collect) that are so sweet. And a Progressive Farmer magazine to read - I will read that tonight when I make my Plum Spice tea that I also received. And some cocoa mix and other tea!
Thank you so much - I love it all! You are a treasure! Your house looks gorgeous, all decked out in the snow - and love the snowman photo! I so wish I could live somewhere where it snowed.
Has yours arrived yet? Should be someday this week - hopefully.
Best wishes,
Jayne
Go to Top of Page

sewgirlie
True Blue Farmgirl

1894 Posts

Sheryl-lyn
Calverton NY
USA
1894 Posts

Posted - Nov 20 2006 :  09:04:34 AM  Show Profile
Hi Jayne: Glad you liked them. I totally enjoyed making them for you. I figured I could send you the pictures of the snowman and our big snow and you would like that. It really was fun making and sending things to someone like you!! I will anxiously await your package! XXOO Sheryl-lyn
Go to Top of Page

sewgirlie
True Blue Farmgirl

1894 Posts

Sheryl-lyn
Calverton NY
USA
1894 Posts

Posted - Dec 06 2006 :  6:31:10 PM  Show Profile
Hi Jayne:

Your package arrived today!! I got home from work at 9 pm and there it was on the counter. Just what I needed after a sort of bad day of working.

The towel is so BEAUTIFUL! And the tea cup and saucer are so lovely. They will go well with my collection. Plus, the soaps are such a treat!! You went crazy making me feel so special and I appreciate it.

You are a good swap buddy. I look forward to swapping fabric with you in the future. I will use the piece you sent me right away!

Thanks again for making an otherwise dreadful day sweet!!

Love,
Sheryl-lyn
Go to Top of Page

sewgirlie
True Blue Farmgirl

1894 Posts

Sheryl-lyn
Calverton NY
USA
1894 Posts

Posted - Dec 06 2006 :  6:37:35 PM  Show Profile
Hi again Jayne:

Your stitching on the towel was just gorgeous. I think it is one of the nicest ones I have ever seen. I was just admiring the work and realized I did not tell you how beautifully you stitched the whole thing. I am sending snowy thoughts your way tonight. We had flurries here yesterday and my classes wanted to run around in it! :)

XXOO Sheryl-lyn
Go to Top of Page

daffodil dreamer
True Blue Farmgirl

805 Posts

Jayne
Hamilton Victoria
Australia
805 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2006 :  11:06:37 PM  Show Profile
Hi Sheryl-lyn,
I'm so, so glad you liked it - I just wasn't sure when I had finished it whether it looked a little too 'homespun' - does that make sense? Do you collect teacups - I do and bought a whole set of these on ebay. I collect odd ones, so thought I'd keep one and share some around with some farmgirl friends.
Keep the thoughts of snow and cold weather coming our way - we are having terrible bushfires at home at the moment - my brother says his whole house smells of smoke and in town, you can hardly see in front of you, the smoke is so thick. We are going home next week for Christmas; if the fires aren't under control by then, it will be a major disaster - they are already saying these are the biggest fires since 1939.
Anyway, got off the track - very worrying times though - so glad your parcel arrived safely and you liked it.
Best wishes,
Jayne
Go to Top of Page

sewgirlie
True Blue Farmgirl

1894 Posts

Sheryl-lyn
Calverton NY
USA
1894 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2006 :  7:49:11 PM  Show Profile
Hi Jayne:

I adored the look of your towel. It matches my house perfectly. Everything here is homemade and homespun for the most part. Thank you again for being so thoughtful. I also collect tea cups, so that was a special treat as well.

Soap making is my next hobby I think! How ironic that just when I was thinking about that your package should have some natural soaps. If I make any in the near future, I will send you some. We have a woman here who makes goats milk soaps like the one you sent and I always get them!

I hope the fires are under control by you guys. We don't have too much worry about fires here, but in the spring they can start up and spread if it is too dry and hot. I'll keep you all in my prayers!

XXOO Sheryl-lyn
Go to Top of Page

daffodil dreamer
True Blue Farmgirl

805 Posts

Jayne
Hamilton Victoria
Australia
805 Posts

Posted - Dec 10 2006 :  10:40:57 PM  Show Profile
Hi Sheryl-lyn,
You will have to let us know how the soap making goes - I have always been a bit daunted by the process, so haven't tried it myself.
Best wishes,
Jayne
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Tea Towel Partners Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page