True Blue Farmgirl

358 Posts

Margaret
Byers Colorado
USA
358 Posts

Posted - May 07 2012 :  4:23:55 PM  Show Profile
Helloo Dear Chickens!
As some of you know we are in the process of buying a new farm, and will be moving in June. We also moved up here to Colorado last July. For a die hard Organic Gardener like me, two years without a garden, is just way too many. So this year I decided to plant a moveable garden. I am giving "Grow Bags" a try. I have planted tomatoes, peppers, strawberries, brussel sprouts, jalapenos, cabbages, pickle cukes, snow peas, and herbs all in grow bags. I also purchased four half whiskey barrels and planted two apple trees, raspberries and blueberry bushes in them. Here are some pics:

“Kind hearts are the gardens, kind thoughts are the roots, kind words are the flowers, kind deeds are the fruits. Take care of your garden and keep out the weeds, fill it with sunshine, kind words and kind deeds.” ~Henry Wadsworth Longfellow (1808-1882)
Farmgirl #3020
www.grey-wolf-farm.com

Edited by - MEWolf on May 09 2012 09:04:05 AM

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - May 07 2012 :  4:31:24 PM  Show Profile
Very nice garden! Good luck with the crops.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Gladstone Mi.
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - May 07 2012 :  6:55:18 PM  Show Profile
That is a great idea. I just may plant some of those bags so I can move them from place to place as the sun moves during the summer and fall.

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

http://hardatworkcrafts.blogspot.com

http://Jan49829.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

bananachicken
True Blue Farmgirl

67 Posts

Ginny
Ohio
USA
67 Posts

Posted - May 07 2012 :  8:08:15 PM  Show Profile
That is great! We do a lot of container gardening. I think it comes from years of being in small spaces waiting for our little hobby farm. At one point we had blueberry plants in pots on the balcony of our apartment...among a ton of tomatoes, peppers, and herbs galore! Hope you get a wonderful harvest!!

"I should be having tea right now."
-Lady Annalía Elisabet Catherina Tristán Llorente
Go to Top of Page

laurentany
True Blue Farmgirl

3259 Posts

Laurie
Patchogue NY
USA
3259 Posts

Posted - May 08 2012 :  2:09:49 PM  Show Profile
What great pictures....love the idea of container and raised bed gardening- thats pretty much what I have here and it works well! Plus its a heck of a lot easier to control the weeds! LOL
Hugs,

~Laurie
"Little Hen House on the Island"
Farmgirl Sister#1403

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away..
Go to Top of Page
  Garden Gate: Previous Topic Garden-To-Go Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page