Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Barnyard Buddies
 My "honorary rooster" and his new house
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Barnyard Buddies: Previous Topic My "honorary rooster" and his new house Next Topic  

GirlwithHook
True Blue Farmgirl

922 Posts

Alyce
Madison WI
USA
922 Posts

Posted - Apr 25 2012 :  07:54:33 AM  Show Profile
This is Kabeer. I call him my "honorary rooster" because he starts singing as soon as the sun comes up!

Ric bought him a new cage, and we moved him in yesterday. What do you think?

A hook, a book, and a good cup of coffee....

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Apr 25 2012 :  08:24:26 AM  Show Profile
He is adorable! And, what a nice and fancy cage/house!!!!!
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

batznthebelfry
True Blue Farmgirl

1257 Posts

Michele
Athol Ma
USA
1257 Posts

Posted - Apr 25 2012 :  08:52:24 AM  Show Profile
oh now that is sooo cute & funny too cause I was looking for a real Roo!...Michele'

Chickens RULE!
hen #2622
theoldbatzfarm.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

oldbittyhen
True Blue Farmgirl

1511 Posts

tina
quartz hill ca
USA
1511 Posts

Posted - Apr 25 2012 :  09:18:51 AM  Show Profile
a cute cage, make sure he isn't chewing on the plastic "house parts", and he needs more perches of differant diameters (manzanita branches are the best), a swing, plus a tassel monster for him to preen...oh and move his feed dishes to where he has a perch in front of them, those dishes are not meant for him to perch on the edge , he's a very pretty yellow pied, and you will find he might mimic some words...

"Knowlege is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad"
Go to Top of Page

GirlwithHook
True Blue Farmgirl

922 Posts

Alyce
Madison WI
USA
922 Posts

Posted - Apr 25 2012 :  3:57:05 PM  Show Profile
Tina, he has all of the above and more. I took that picture when he was first getting acquainted with the place. Luckily, he isn't a chewer! I should take another picture with all his "furniture" moved in.

I guess I should have mentioned I have been owned by budgies for 25 years...Kabeer himself just turned 9.

Go to Top of Page

oldbittyhen
True Blue Farmgirl

1511 Posts

tina
quartz hill ca
USA
1511 Posts

Posted - Apr 25 2012 :  4:27:23 PM  Show Profile
Alyce, sorry assumed he was a new addition, I bred keets and teils for many years, and hand raised the babies...I tend to offer advice without asking if you need it,lol...

"Knowlege is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad"
Go to Top of Page

farmmilkmama
True Blue Farmgirl

2027 Posts

Amy
Central MN
USA
2027 Posts

Posted - Apr 25 2012 :  4:57:33 PM  Show Profile
Cute rooster! I tell you I won't show this house to any of my roosters outside or they'd be jealous with how fancy your roo has it!

--* FarmMilkMama *--

Farmgirl Sister #1086

Be yourself.
Everyone else is already taken.
-Oscar Wilde

www.farmfoodmama.blogspot.com

www.thehmmmschoolingmom.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

edlund33
True Blue Farmgirl

1507 Posts

Marilyn
Renton WA
USA
1507 Posts

Posted - Apr 25 2012 :  6:05:31 PM  Show Profile
Ohh, Kabeer is such a pretty, pretty spoiled bird! My what a fancy cage! And he's taking to it so quickly!

I know what you mean about singing as soon as the sun is up. I have two Parakeets (Ollie and Mollie) that I adopted a few years ago. Sleeping in is a thing of the past with them....they start calling me the moment it starts to get light outside. If I don't answer them they keep getting louder and louder until I whistle back to them. If that don't work, they fly right in the bedroom. We just upsized them to a bigger cage with a wider door they can fly through a few months ago, and it took them a couple of weeks to get used to it.

Cheers! ~ Marilyn

Farm Girl No. 1100

http://blueskyanddaisies.blogspot.com

Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail. - Ralph Waldo Emerson
Go to Top of Page

GirlwithHook
True Blue Farmgirl

922 Posts

Alyce
Madison WI
USA
922 Posts

Posted - Apr 25 2012 :  6:29:49 PM  Show Profile
Tina, that is more than okay! I tend to do the same thing! Maybe that is where Kabeer gets it...he doesn't just mimic, he never shuts up!

When we first showed him a picture of his new house, he sat and thought for a while. About an hour later he blurted, " Oh my gosh, I've got a chimney!" We had to double-check the website, but sure enough--chimney. Notice what he was close to in that picture? Hmmm....

"Normal" pet? What is that? *lol*

Go to Top of Page

GirlwithHook
True Blue Farmgirl

922 Posts

Alyce
Madison WI
USA
922 Posts

Posted - Apr 25 2012 :  6:31:54 PM  Show Profile
Amy, that might be a good idea! Reminds me, his new dishes came today so I can replace these....

Go to Top of Page

GirlwithHook
True Blue Farmgirl

922 Posts

Alyce
Madison WI
USA
922 Posts

Posted - Apr 25 2012 :  6:35:55 PM  Show Profile
Thank you Marilyn, he really seems happy with it!

That is such a keet thing to do! I had best not let Kabeer see that, or he might get ideas. Kid gets up too early as it is!

Go to Top of Page

marlee
True Blue Farmgirl

1650 Posts

Marlene
DeRidder Louisiana
1650 Posts

Posted - Apr 25 2012 :  6:36:15 PM  Show Profile
So cute, cute, cute. And what a mansion! Marlee

God is the painter, he paints the picture. And his son builds it, for he is the Master Carpenter!
Go to Top of Page

GirlwithHook
True Blue Farmgirl

922 Posts

Alyce
Madison WI
USA
922 Posts

Posted - Apr 25 2012 :  6:38:52 PM  Show Profile
Thank you! Ric has dubbed it 101 Featherstone Lane. *giggles*

Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Gladstone Mi.
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Apr 25 2012 :  7:05:53 PM  Show Profile
What a nice cage for Kabeer. 25 years ago I went to a rummage sale and they had parakeets and cockatiels and eggs and some that just hatched. I was so intrigued, they gave me some. I ended up with 13 birds, so we built an aviary in a nook in our house that was wall to wall, ceiling to floor. They loved it, but after about a year, it got to be too much work, so we gave them away and tore down the aviary. I did enjoy it for awhile. Then a few years later, it was 11 turtles!!!! I seem to go overboard, but now I only have one dog and a husband! LOL!!!

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

http://hardatworkcrafts.blogspot.com

http://Jan49829.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

GirlwithHook
True Blue Farmgirl

922 Posts

Alyce
Madison WI
USA
922 Posts

Posted - Apr 26 2012 :  12:25:28 PM  Show Profile
See, I have to avoid birds in pet stores for that reason. Every time I see budgies, I want to take every last one home with me! Apparently I don't want A budgie, I want ALL the budgies!

Go to Top of Page
  Barnyard Buddies: Previous Topic My "honorary rooster" and his new house Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page