Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Farm Kitchen
 Leftover Frozen Thanksgiving Noodles Help
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic Leftover Frozen Thanksgiving Noodles Help Next Topic  

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2012 :  10:13:16 AM  Show Profile
I thawed my huge package of leftover Thanksgiving turkey noodles. They always freeze and thaw so nicely. I had an unusually large amount left over this year.(Family fightin stopped a lot of guests from attendin)

They thawed and reheated beautifully. They were just wonderful for dinner last night.

Now the problem.

I have a huge amount leftover and don't know how to doctor them up for a new flavor and serve them agian. I hate to let an entire stockpot worth of these lovely noodles go to waste.

I seen an internet recipe that called for curry powder, cheddar cheese, and some veges, baked like a cassarole.

I'm not too sure about it. Sound good to any of you Ladies?

How about any suggestions you might have?

I'm up for anything really. I could split what I have left up for 3 or 4 new meals.

I know how resourceful you ladies are, so I'm really excited to see what you all come up with!

Farmgirl Sister #1438

God - Gardening - Family - Is anything else important?

queenmushroom
True Blue Farmgirl

985 Posts

Lorena
Centerville Me
USA
985 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2012 :  11:13:38 AM  Show Profile
why not? try it the way the recipe calls for and "fix it" if you don't like it. Try turkey noodle soup (or chicken).

Patience is worth a bushel of brains...from a chinese fortune cookie
Go to Top of Page

Calicogirl
True Blue Farmgirl

5216 Posts

Sharon
Bruce Crossing Michigan
USA
5216 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2012 :  11:37:14 AM  Show Profile
Angela,

When you say turkey noodles, what exactly do you mean? Do you mean noodles with turkey in a turkey gravy?

By His Grace, For His Glory
~Sharon

Edited by - Calicogirl on Apr 19 2012 11:39:26 AM
Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2012 :  12:09:25 PM  Show Profile
Homemade noodles boiled in a turkey broth. They are quite thick and lightly seasoned. It's a family tradition that was very nearly lost. I hadn't had them in about 15 years when I talked Gma into givin me her recipe, which actually came from my great-great-Gma.

I now make them every Thanksgiving and sometimes for Christmas.

Farmgirl Sister #1438

Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2012 :  04:42:42 AM  Show Profile
Here's what I came up with.

A layer of noodles in the bottom of a cassarole pan, a sprinklin of curry powder, a pinch of red pepper flake, a layer of sauted onion & garlic, a layer of noodles, a sprinkle of sage, a sprinkle of celery seed, a pinch of red pepper flake, a sprinkle of thyme, then a very thin layer of shredded cheese.

I baked it till the cheese was lightly browned and the whole thing was bubbly and hot.

It turned out pretty good! Hubby even took some for lunch today. I thought it was a little heavy on the pepper flake, but I seem to always do that to myself. I was really impressed at how well the curry tasted with the noodles.

Now I need to figure out something different with the rest of it.

Farmgirl Sister #1438

Go to Top of Page
  Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic Leftover Frozen Thanksgiving Noodles Help Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page